What's new

Early Signing Day Thread

BuffUp

[insert punctuation here]
Club Member
make one commit and now have to take laps and get nut punched by grumpy old duffy

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Mainly probably a tease for the Pac 12 show this afternoon, but Yogi Roth's quick take on 4 of the Buff commits.

Ruckus

Peep my words.
Club Member
Espn has Baylor with the number 36 class? For a disgusting program that should be shut down it is maddening to see them recruit well
#36 class isn’t good, but I agree it is still way better than they deserve.

We need to get out of the mindset that recruiting classes in the 30s are good. They’re really not. They can have some good pieces, but aren’t enough for what we should expect if we want to compete for championships.

BuffinCali

I think this has been a tremendous job by MT given the short time frame he had to work with. The bulk inside shows where he wants to go with the program. I would feel much better about this class if there were two or three CB's (that is the biggest current need on the defensive side).

DBT

Club Member
Club Member
I just cannot warm up to “Early Signing Day.” I don’t know why. I really enjoyed the buildup to February. This early one seems really sort of anticlimactic.

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
what is CU class ranking ?
Came into today in the 40s. We'll get something up at the end of the day. We've got a few more signing today and there are hundreds of guys around the country yet to sign. Also, this is the early signing day so it's a rank more for how we're positioned before signing another 5ish guys in a couple months.

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
I just cannot warm up to “Early Signing Day.” I don’t know why. I really enjoyed the buildup to February. This early one seems really sort of anticlimactic.
I think the most logical setup would be an ESD in July for guys who want to commit ahead of their senior season -- with an option for them to void the NLI if there is a head coaching change where they signed. Then have this day only for JUCOs and preps who are enrolling in January. Then, we'd have the regular signing day the first week of February.

TSchekler

Club Member
Club Member
I think the real "excitement" for this class will be in February. All of these, save for a few, were expected. Time for Tucker and staff to go all in on a handful of other impact players over the next month and a half (after dead period).

patebuff

Downgraded to half a star
Club Member
Espn has Baylor with the number 36 class? For a disgusting program that should be shut down it is maddening to see them recruit well
Its really not that hard to recruit in Texas regardless of what is going on with the School.

TDforTD

Club Member
Club Member
Lol in fairness, I don’t think recruits realize how locked in a lot of us fans are. It’s just the nature of it that they think we will be completely surprised by some additions that we’ve already had an idea on.