What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

east coast/midwest snobbery at its finest

pmoney52

Club Member
Club Member

Honest question, do people that watch college basketball for a living just pretend to watch any games west of the Colorado/Kansas border? Some of the "bubble" teams listed on here are an absolute joke ... Wisconsin, Clemson, Pitt?? I'm sorry, but you cannot possibly include those teams *cough B1G* *cough ACC* and then claim as others have that the Pac-12 is going to be a 2-bid conference. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the B1G is the biggest scam in the country, if they get 9 (NINE!) teams in the tournament that is a travesty. Heck, even if they get 8 teams in, mark my words, not a single one of those teams will be in the elite 8. Purdue has a nice record, but that team's style of play will never, ever, ever translate into wins in March. The ACC is an even bigger joke this year. The only conference that I believe the hype about is the Big 12, because you watch those games and top-to-bottom those teams look like they're playing at another level.

I'm not saying that CU should be a bubble team (although if you're just going by metrics, like The Athletic did, they should be on this list ... also ASU is a bubble team and we're not. I wonder what Bobby Hurley had to do this time), but the national media has to stop this BS that the Pac-12 is a 2-bid league. The media has to stop looking at box scores because they're too lazy to stay up past 11PM to watch a basketball game. There is ZERO chance I am buying any of that nonsense. But something has to change. Can the Pac-12 start paying writers to write more about its conference? Can you pay for good publicity with your conference on ESPN, CBS, The Athletic, etc.? The conference's marketing is a total let down here. I understand the argument people make about football and trying to play games earlier in the day so that people in the other half of the country can see those games, but that's a relative impossibility with basketball as they're almost always (especially weeknight games) played exclusively at night or in the late afternoon.

I would rather CU be in the Big 12 if the PAC is going to do nothing about this.

ESPN had the P12 getting UA, UCLA and USC with the only bubble team being Oregon.

Utah has a better case that USC or Oregon. USC is in CU's neighborhood on NET.

Right now, I'd have UCLA as a 2, UA as a 3, Utah in the "last 4 in" bubble range, with Oregon and USC in the "first 4/ next 4 out" bubble range, respectively. CU has the NET to be mentioned but needs wins (like 18+ with 2 more Quad 1s in order to have a reasonable case, imo).

Pitt is sandwiched between Oregon and Utah in NET ranking (50-52). That's bubble territory. I think the problem with Oregon and Utah is the lack of signature wins. Clemson and Wisconsin are way down the list behind USC and ASU and would need to finish the season on a huge run to be in the bubble conversation IMO.

I can't complain about Colorado not being on the bubble. We've got some signature wins but way too many record scratching losses. But I agree with you that the PAC-12 should probably get 4 at large bids if the tournament was held today. The BIG10 always under performs in the tournament. The BIG12 has been the best basketball conference for a couple of years in a row now.

Back