What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

EB Question

ne_buff_fan

Hey guys, I don't post here often, but I spend a lot of time on the boards here.....probably way more than is healthy....

Anyways, I had a quick question regarding people wanting Coach Mac and EB. How would that work in regards to getting EB on board? Would it have to stay "hush hush" until the NFL season is over? Can he agree to the job, but coach the rest of the season in Minny? Also involved is recruiting, how can you sell a program that wouldn't technically have a head coach in place until the NFL season is done?

Just curious on if anyone had any info....thanks!

I think the general concensus is that Mac would be the coach for 3-4 years with the Embree being the assistant HC and EB as the OC. Maybe Alfred as a DL guy? Somebody-- please somebody--- as an effective OL coach. Would love for Mac to get a OL guy in here immediatly, and Embree if he is not coaching. EB would probably have to wait out the NFL season, but I would expect that it would be announced that he is the OC.

This Program needs a facelift, not a replay.

Find a young guy from another PAC10 team and start over. That will be your recruiting area and they would know the lay of the land already.

I'm ok going to the past for an interim or even 2 year solution. But we should be looking forward overall.

I would love to see Steve Marshall back here, I think he worked with Embree/EB in the 2000-2001 season(?). I just googled Embree, looks like he is currently the Redskins tight ends coach. I would love to see EB and Embree back here, our Cali recruiting pipeline would skyrocket.

Back