What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ed Rush Resigns

Sure did.

I really don't want to see Scott fired over this. I think he's shown a lack of judgement and leadership, but eventually it worked out. Lets not throw out the baby with the bath water here. Again, where was Kevin Weiberg in all of this mess?

whats to say Larry didnt go to Ed and say, I need you to resign.

He doesnt seem like the type of guy to put that out there if he did.

whats to say Larry didnt go to Ed and say, I need you to resign.

He doesnt seem like the type of guy to put that out there if he did.

Still a lapse of judgment, I'd argue, that places relationships ahead of the conference.

What should have happened is a statement like this:

"Ed Rush has served admirably in his role as head of Pac 12 basketball officials. However, joking about bounties undermines our committment to our conference's integrity, and we cannot permit that perception stand in the way of our progress to this end. As a result, Ed has placed his committment to the Pac 12 ahead of his personal interests and has chosen to resign."

Originally postd by Orr
"Ed Rush has served admirably in his role as head of Pac 12 basketball officials. However, joking about bounties undermines our committment to our conference's integrity, and we cannot permit that perception stand in the way of our progress to this end. As a result, Ed has placed his committment to the Pac 12 ahead of his personal interests and has chosen to resign."

You should be in PR. Great statement.

I think smartasses are the best at PR. You basically say something you would normally say in a smartassed way but just take out the sarcasm.

:lol:

Ed Rush has served admirably in his role as head of Pac 12 basketball officials.

Still a lapse of judgment, I'd argue, that places relationships ahead of the conference.

What should have happened is a statement like this:

I agree, but I am not in the push out Larry Scott camp. Hopefully you never have to deal with this type of issue again, but if something similar happens I expect he will have learned from this. I am more concerned that he had not already come to the conclusion that any reason to clean house in Pac 12 officiating was at the minimum a good reason to raise the level of officiating in the conference. I hope that this is a turning point and a new priority is placed on making the Pac12 the best officiated conference in the nation in both Football and Basketball.

I agree, but I am not in the push out Larry Scott camp. Hopefully you never have to deal with this type of issue again, but if something similar happens I expect he will have learned from this. I am more concerned that he had not already come to the conclusion that any reason to clean house in Pac 12 officiating was at the minimum a good reason to raise the level of officiating in the conference. I hope that this is a turning point and a new priority is placed on making the Pac12 the best officiated conference in the nation in both Football and Basketball.

Agreed.

But if he doesn't get Pac12 Networks on DirecTV by football season....

I WANT HIM FIRED
I WANT HIS FAMILY FIRED
I WANT HIS HOUSE....

nevermind, I got a little carried away there.

Also, yay, I'm on the front page.

BTW - just read the Ed Rush comments on ESPN. Are we to believe that following NFL bounty gate this guy thought anyone would still buy his joke story?

"So in an effort just to lighten the mood, I said to them, 'Hey, guys. What's it going to take? Do you think we could give you a trip to Cancun or maybe $5,000? Or who wants what? And now they're all laughing, which is basically what I wanted to do. So I said, 'I know you guys, you probably want $5,000, you want the money, you won't take the trip to Cancun.' So I'm going around, 'What would you take?' At that point, I said, 'By the way, you know my wife's not going to go for this. I'm going to have to pull this off the table.' They all laughed, 'Yeah, yeah, yeah. OK, bud.' That was it, and I walked out."

I read that as - who would actually think that was funny, that isn't a joke - it is a bribe. I interpret the laughing he heard as a crew of officials who were looking at one another and giving that nervous laugh as they wondered 'did I really just hear what I think I heard?', or they were laughing because they knew their boss had just sealed his fate.

BTW - just read the Ed Rush comments on ESPN. Are we to believe that following NFL bounty gate this guy thought anyone would still buy his joke story?

"So in an effort just to lighten the mood, I said to them, 'Hey, guys. What's it going to take? Do you think we could give you a trip to Cancun or maybe $5,000? Or who wants what? And now they're all laughing, which is basically what I wanted to do. So I said, 'I know you guys, you probably want $5,000, you want the money, you won't take the trip to Cancun.' So I'm going around, 'What would you take?' At that point, I said, 'By the way, you know my wife's not going to go for this. I'm going to have to pull this off the table.' They all laughed, 'Yeah, yeah, yeah. OK, bud.' That was it, and I walked out."

I read that as - who would actually think that was funny, that isn't a joke - it is a bribe. I interpret the laughing he heard as a crew of officials who were looking at one another and giving that nervous laugh as they wondered 'did I really just hear what I think I heard?', or they were laughing because they knew their boss had just sealed his fate.

Unfunny people in powerful positions are a very dangerous thing. Kind of like how every hot girl thinks she is funny.

I interpret the laughing as nervous; as in, holy ****, our boss just stepped in it.

I think Larry Scott looks horrible from all this.

Reading the ESPN article this morning, it sounds like there was about to be a mutiny by the league officials over the way Rush was handling things.

It doesn't seem like this is going to die with Ed Rush resigning. USATODAY had an article about this today, seems like the animosity between Rush and Miller had been going on for sometime. It also doesn't look like Miller and Arizona AD Greg Byrne are exactly impressed with Larry Scott either.

I don't know if it's been posted, but the President of PAC-12 Enterprises has also resigned. Issues over the failure to get the DTV deal, maybe? Anyway, it's usually a bad sign when a CEO is losing multiple department heads.

Haha Larry Scott. You think Sean Miller would allow this to be swept under the rug for a measly 25k? I must say for going to Harvard you are really dense. Props to Sean Miller and Greg Byrne. We just have to hope this fixes the P-12 officiating in the end!!

Haha Larry Scott. You think Sean Miller would allow this to be swept under the rug for a measly 25k? I must say for going to Harvard you are really dense. Props to Sean Miller and Greg Byrne. We just have to hope this fixes the P-12 officiating in the end!!

Yup, maybe get some refs with the guts/ability to make the right call based on the video replay at the end of a game!!!!!!

Agreed. Absolutely pathetic that our crowd convinced them to overturn the call. It's pretty ridiculous that they didn't have the guts to send away the Tucson faithful with a loss. I thought it was pretty evident that the last cheer from the crowd made the difference.

Agreed. Absolutely pathetic that our crowd convinced them to overturn the call. It's pretty ridiculous that they didn't have the guts to send away the Tucson faithful with a loss. I thought it was pretty evident that the last cheer from the crowd made the difference.

One of the quotes from the Wildcat faithful (may have been you) suggested that Rush's vendetta against Coach Miller stemmed from Miller's conference following that January 3rd CU game. Is that rumor still in circulation over on your side?

One of the quotes from the Wildcat faithful (may have been you) suggested that Rush's vendetta against Coach Miller stemmed from Miller's conference following that January 3rd CU game. Is that rumor still in circulation over on your side?

That what I was thinking. Miller seemed to agree that it may have been a bad call (which let's face it, is as far as he could go) ... which might have pissed Ed Rush and the officials off enough to want to screw him later in the season.

Those press conference comments following the game is one reason I kinda like the guy.

Miller was cool and always has been in his comments relating to CU. It's pretty clear that he and Boyle have a mutual respect.

iirc, his main comment after the CU-Zona game in Tucson was to jokingly say that Chen didn't call glass. In short, he thought the shot was good but was being kind of cheeky about it because a prayer of a shot that banks in at the last second is pretty much a nightmare scenario for a coach to lose under.

Miller was cool and always has been in his comments relating to CU. It's pretty clear that he and Boyle have a mutual respect.

iirc, his main comment after the CU-Zona game in Tucson was to jokingly say that Chen didn't call glass. In short, he thought the shot was good but was being kind of cheeky about it because a prayer of a shot that banks in at the last second is pretty much a nightmare scenario for a coach to lose under.

Agreed

Back