What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Elijah Rodriguez, Jomon Dotson, and Jay Hockaday

I was talking about Hockaday and Vandy, but it sounds like Rodriguez had a similar situation.

Yeah Rodriguez was a huge UT fan, his brother plays for them now and I think his grandpa or something like that played for them. Kind of a tough spot for the coaches.

The guys that are hurting us more than a TN kid who stayed home to his dream school or a TX kid who did the same are all documented here. They are our 4th & 5th year Juniors/Seniors:

2011 class
2012 class

Caution, 2012 has a bunch of guys with multiple P5 offers. Yuri Wright, Jagne, Gerald Thomas, Payne... It's inverted logic I guess. Definitely self-inflicted.

For inheriting a program "burned to the ground" MM'S recruits haven't exactly kicked ass and replaced the talentless Embree recruits

I think it was academics...but not sure. Kid is a player though.
I meant, "not sure why 4thGenBuff said that he would miss Jagne this weekend" since he did not qualify and wasn't on the roster. I agree the kid is a player. Would love to see him right the ship at a JUCO and consider coming to Boulder again!

I meant, "not sure why 4thGenBuff said that he would miss Jagne this weekend" since he did not qualify and wasn't on the roster. I agree the kid is a player. Would love to see him right the ship at a JUCO and consider coming to Boulder again!

He came close to qualifying but had gotten to far behind early in HS.

Enrolled at Scottsdale CC.
http://www.accac.org/sports/fball/2014-15/players/kisimajagnek429

http://www.allbuffs.com/threads/12-az-de-kisima-jagne-verbal-to-asu.58645/page-8

Don't know that we have much of a shot at him but I wouldn't mind if we could re-sign him. We have need of DEs.

Hard for me to worry about these guys when we have a dozen or so on our roster currently that are not contributing at all.

What narrative? They lost guys late and had no Plan B. Recruiting 101, especially when you know it is a possibility that the recruit will decommit.

I agree on Rodriguez and Dotson but the hockaday decommitment came out of nowhere. He didn't have any other major offers and I think vandy finally offered a day before signing day. Very hard to plan for IMO.

I agree on Rodriguez and Dotson but the hockaday decommitment came out of nowhere. He didn't have any other major offers and I think vandy finally offered a day before signing day. Very hard to plan for IMO.
His dream offer was Vandy, so the staff knew that was always a possibility, IMO.

Also a curious recruiting decision but taking Enbree's recruits is really biting us in the ass. Especially the OL. Would Sefo have more time if we didn't take all 4 of Embree's OL? Methinkso

Also a curious recruiting decision but taking Enbree's recruits is really biting us in the ass. Especially the OL. Would Sefo have more time if we didn't take all 4 of Embree's OL? Methinkso

Considering 2 of the 4 (transfer + buried on the chart) will never see the field in the first half of a CU game, maybe. I just wonder if he could've gotten Juco OLs with those scholarships who would be able to contribute. That late in the cycle the pickings were even worse for HS OL to replace any who we did sign.

If any of them would have come here, they would either be coached down or injured. # wersoft

That is the problem coming from SJSU. It's not like they were in on some good linemen to flip, so taking Embrees commits were the best option. However, it's a circular logic since one of your biggest criticism was that the staff was not constructed to recruit well ( a stance I agree with).

Back