What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Email Mike Bohn

I just sent Mike a polite, serious, & politically correct, little note of my dissatisfaction. No, I did not ask him for Hawkins head on a platter. I did ask him, what now?

Mr. Mike Bohn,

My wife & I are CU fans through and through. We met at the University of Colorado, graduated in 2006 & 2007 and were married 1 month ago at a wedding where our colors were black & gold, and our cake was a giant Ralphie cake. We've been football season ticket holders for 8 years and have supported our team on many away game trips, saving our money each year to be the best fans & supporters that we can be.

Having said that, we are downright disgusted and embarrassed of what this program has returned to us over these years. To equate it as a business anaolgy, who in their right mind would continue to buy stock in a company that embarrasses themselves in the news and flat out doesn't produce any gains over a long period of time? The line was drawn this past week when it is painfully obvious that we are not producing any gains due to the leaders at the helm, our coaching staff. Although I believe Dan Hawkins is a great human being and brings a certain spirit & energy to the program, I also do not find it conicidence that he continues to lead teams that end up taking more steps backwards than forwards. His questionable decisions & leadership have led this program to a few of the most embarrassing losses in our storied history (Montana St., Mizzou shutout, the past 2 games), and I find it painful that in 1 year somoene like Coach Steve Fairchild from CSU has done far more for their athletic program than Coach Hawkins has done in 4.

So Mr. Bohn, sometimes you have to draw the line and force a decision that is tough to be had, but also necessary for future gains. That being said, we can no longer put our monetary support in a program that cannot & will not produce results with the current leaders in place. I have seen enough football in my time to know that this is truely the case with Coach Dan Hawkins. We will indeed continue supporting the program in spirit, as our love for the University of Colorado will never die, but buying tickets, sending donations and attending games is something that we cannot do until we feel the University is committed to finding leaders that can reward our support.

Best,

Mr. & Mrs. Rraalph 3000

Mike -

I am certain that you have been bombarded with emails in the last 12 hours. Hopefully, the response from the Buff faithful shows you our passion for the team and the university.

I am extremely concerned about the future of the football program. I think the conventional wisdom is that we cannot afford to get rid of the head coach because of the high cost of buying him out. I would argue that we cannot afford to keep him.

I believe that we will see a monumental drop in support (donations, ticket sales, etc) as the team goes through a death spiral until he departs. The impacts to the athletic department will be devestating. The drop in revenue could result in the loss of men's and women's programs.

I hope that if you are thinking that we cannot afford to fire the head coach, please run the numbers. You will find that the quicker you pull the trigger and bite the buyout bullet, the greater the likelihood that you will salvage future revenue streams for the department, and hopefully maintain the current number of programs.

Mike, if you have determined that the current coach is not the answer, then please act quickly.

"And while Toledo’s fans partied in the Glass Bowl last night, Colorado’s fans are beyond restless. The message boards had everything from threads offering a suicide hotline to one whose title was Bohn’s e-mail address. (The few Colorado officials and administrators I saw here looked like they swallowed buffalo chips when I saw them at halftime. And it only got worse from there.)"

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/09/12/holy-toledo-colorado-looks-awful/

Back