What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Embarrassing

I was actually proud of the young defense...they played well until the offense kept screwing them...the kickoff return was the final blow...the whole team quit at that point...CU has a bunch of slow under talented kids playing a mans sport...CU FOOTBALL SUCKS!!

I was actually proud of the young defense

Are you serious? The defense was awful. Open WR by 10 yards every play, DE's not holding the edge, LB's being out of position...hell the whole defense was. With a good DC this could be a decent unit but with Brown, it's horrendous.

I've slipped into DGAF mode. 1 month until BBall starts. Until then...
slippery-when-wet-g1.gif

ASU averaged 6 yards per rush and 10 yards per pass. 7.7 yards per play overall - and that was without a play over 37 yards.

and obviously the buffs do not even like boobies?? I was disappointed in the play and my wife could not believe none of the players or coaches were wearing any pink?? wtf?

Last edited:
ASU averaged 6 yards per rush and 10 yards per pass. 7.7 yards per play overall - and that was without a play over 37 yards.

I thought the defense was horrendous.

Are you serious? The defense was awful. Open WR by 10 yards every play, DE's not holding the edge, LB's being out of position...hell the whole defense was. With a good DC this could be a decent unit but with Brown, it's horrendous.
CU was still in it at half and most of asu yards came after half...go look at the stats.. BTW - CU FOOTBALL SUCKS

Embree must be shown the door after this season if not now. There is simply NO reason to give him another year. These kids while not the most talented, they certainly are not helped by the piss poor coaching. I am so sick of seeing Embree get all fired up and jumping around like moron only to do somethnig like last night when they give up a 100 yark kickoff return. Not only was it 100 yards, but the guy was UNTOUCHED! We didn't score a god damn point at home in the 2nd half of a n ationally televised blackout g ame!!! Hello Eric Bienemy? We suck, the coaching sucks worse, he must go and go after this season. The evidence is clear, he is not a head coach in any sense of the word.

CU was still in it at half and most of asu yards came after half...go look at the stats.. BTW - CU FOOTBALL SUCKS
You need to look at the stats. It was the most lopsided 20-17 game I have ever seen. If I remember correctly, ASU had twice as many yards at the half.

I think the quote of the night was from Jesse Palmer, "I wish I could say that this ASU offense is really good, but it's the CU defense... they are just awful. Guys running around not knowing where to play." I summarized of course
I heard that too. Confirms that Brown is NOT the guy...he has got to go...sooner than later...

And I'm kinda tired of hearing from people on this board we have no talent or speed. It's good enough to hold them to 20 in the first half. It's depth and coaching...the talent we have are beat by the 4th qtr and they are completely out of position.

Here's hoping LSU loses and calls for Les Miles' head. I can daydream about a real BCS coaching staff...

That doesn't mean that the defense wasn't awful. Did you watch the game? No holding the edge by the DE, Major running away from the runner while blocking for ASU or getting juked out badly by the QB when he was 4 yards behind the LOS which lead to a first down, screen passes worked all day long, no reading of the play (hint, almost every time ASU sent a player in motion that I saw it was either a triple option read or a reverse), secondary never turns their head when the WR is 6-7 yards deep in the endzone and is looking for the ball, etc.

That doesn't mean that the defense wasn't awful. Did you watch the game? No holding the edge by the DE, Major running away from the runner while blocking for ASU or getting juked out badly by the QB when he was 4 yards behind the LOS which lead to a first down, screen passes worked all day long, no reading of the play (hint, almost every time ASU sent a player in motion that I saw it was either a triple option read or a reverse), secondary never turns their head when the WR is 6-7 yards deep in the endzone and is looking for the ball, etc.
I did watch the game I was there..I am just saying the defense kept them in the game until they were finally beat down (lack of depth) from all thos 3 and outs by the sh!tty offense... The whole football team sucks, I know... The practice squad all the way the the head coach...The whole lot is in over their heads...CSU pueblo would beat them right now...I truly think there are some high schools out there, maybe in our own state, that would beat the buffs the way they play.... SAD, SAD DAY !!

and I did see all the room the d backs were giving the receivers... way to much...have to play tighter coverage

running backs that run into their blockers or block... don't see holes and hit them...really crappy qb play...I actually think cody was better

I did watch the game I was there..I am just saying the defense kept them in the game until they were finally beat down (lack of depth) from all thos 3 and outs by the sh!tty offense... The whole football team sucks, I know... The practice squad all the way the the head coach...The whole lot is in over their heads...CSU pueblo would beat them right now...I truly think there are some high schools out there, maybe in our own state, that would beat the buffs the way they play.... SAD, SAD DAY !!
The thing that kept the game close at half was that the TOP was about 5 minutes more in CU's favor and a fumble recover, otherwise we were pretty lucky for it to be a 3 point game at half. The defense was utter **** and I'm really not sure how you can say it's not. ASU's defense was on the field 5:04 more than CU's was.

The bolded is just extremely stupid. That's like saying the best BCS team could beat the worst NFL team, obviously to a lesser extent though. A D2 team would, in all likelyhood, not beat a BCS team.

You need to look at the stats. It was the most lopsided 20-17 game I have ever seen. If I remember correctly, ASU had twice as many yards at the half.

This.

My Dad was saying that CU should at least cover the spread at halftime. I pointed out that ASU hadn't really been stopped on offense, and that we were in for a long second half.

Oh, and for those who still think time of possession is an important statistic...

The Div-II teams... yeah. But I'd hate to schedule a MT UNION sometime and see what would happen. SAC STATE is Div-II enough - and they've lost to a lot of Div-II teams.

the team dont sucks its the coaching, with better coaching this team would be better...... as a coach you have to put your players in positions to win and thats something the coaches havent done.

A decent staff wins at least 2 of those first 3, We should win all 3 of those, then a win at Wazzu and we are 2 games from a Bowl birth. This staff instead gets embarrassed in the first 3 and in my opinion they need to pack their bags. We need new coaches, bottom lline. There is zero growth in any phase of the game.

It is the coaching that has put the team in this hole....no doubt about it now. They are outflanked on defense ALL THE TIME. The offensive line is a joke. I wanted to give Embree a chance but this is horrendously bad.

A decent staff wins at least 2 of those first 3, We should win all 3 of those, then a win at Wazzu and we are 2 games from a Bowl birth. This staff instead gets embarrassed in the first 5 of 6 and in my opinion they need to pack their bags. We need new coaches, bottom lline. There is zero growth in any phase of the game.
fify

Some more stats...

1st Half Yards:
CU: 195
-Four punts, two touchdowns, and a FG
-Average Drive: 6 plays 27.9 yards
-Average Field Position: CU 36 yard line
ASU: 293
-One punt, three touchdowns, one failed 4th down conversion, and a fumble
-Average Drive: 6.4 plays 58.6 yards
-Average Field Position: ASU 20 yard line

1st Half YPP:
CU: 195/42 = 4.65
ASU: 293/32 = 9.15

1st Half 3rd Down Conversions:
CU: 2/8, 25%
ASU: 5/7, 71%

2nd Half Yards:
CU: 100
-Five punts, one turnover on downs, one interception, and end of the game
-Average Drive: 4.1 plays 12.5 yards
-Average Field Position: CU 31 yard line
ASU: 320
-Four touchdowns, one punt, one turnover on downs, one field goal, and one fumble
-Average Drive: 6.6 plays 45.7 yards
-Average Field Position: ASU 39 yard line

2nd Half YPP:
CU: 100/33 = 3.3
ASU: 320/46 = 6.95

2nd Half 3rd Down Conversions:
CU: 3/9, 33%
ASU: 4/8, 50%

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=3843&SPID=255&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=205710165

So the defense was nearly equally ******, if not worse in the 1st half than it was in the 2nd half.

Back