What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Embree making it worse-I thought I was done talking about him

I hope Jon spends wisely, because he is now making himself virtually unemployable, with Mac's help he will be coaching HS in Germany for his next paying gig they have F-ed this up so bad.
Isnt it funny how the rest of the staff has completely distanced themselves from this and have remained silent, they must want a job in the next decade.
1000% agree. His on field performance was miserable. But had he left graciously he would have had a nice pay day and plenty of opps as a position coach. He could have tried to work his way up again to get an HC job some day by eventually getting an OC job somewhere and proving himself there, etc.

But NO way now. I actually have a theory that CU was his only dream job in coaching football and maybe he is just throwing in the towel and going down swinging. Maybe he and Mac want to start a consulting company advising unis on how to hire (and fire) black coaches and they are just using the ol' saying-all press is good press.

The pushback that is going to come at some point against Embree, Coach Mac, Klatt, et. al, and their claims is going to be enormous and will probably ruin at least one of them.

I honestly just want us to get past Embree and Mac and all the baggage they are creating. I was not planning on writing any more about Embree and I honestly was at peace assuming that Embree really wasn't trying to play the race card or imply it had anything to do with his firing.

But I was wrong unfortunately.

http://www.dailycamera.com/top-sports/ci_22085337/jon-embree-probably-still-have-job-if-white

:bang:

Ugh! Losing respect. Jon - the fact you worst, you know WORST, in scoring offense and defense, went winless at Folsom since almost ever and recruiting going downhill cost you the job. Southern Miss just fired Ellis Johnson after one season...ONE SEASON!!!

BTW...youth isn't an excuse. TCU was younger, beat Texas and is bowling this year.

You were in over your head. Wish you well. Now please shoosh.

I hope Jon spends wisely, because he is now making himself virtually unemployable, with Mac's help he will be coaching HS in Germany for his next paying gig they have F-ed this up so bad.
Isnt it funny how the rest of the staff has completely distanced themselves from this and have remained silent, they must want a job in the next decade.

I am floored EB has been smart enough to stay far far away from this.

I am floored EB has been smart enough to stay far far away from this.
Me too. He is pretty damn loyal to Embree. Maybe he has a smart wife who said shut your mouth before we end up out on the street. His buyout is much less and they can't live forever on that.

Anyone know if someone has gotten their hands on a copy of the buyout clause? Usually, there are terms in there dictating they must go quietly to get their $$. I can't recall a fired coach ever going scorched earth the way Water Bottle has - it is unbelievable (and delusional). I would be delighted to see CU keep their wallets shut at this point - providing that clause exists.

not to promote DC, but if you read the posted comments about the race card embree throwing around - I did not see 1 poster in e3's favor...everyone pretty much telling him to hit the road and quit crying

he is also hurting his sons chances at anything bigger + mac is hurting his grandson's chance of coming to Boulder and I really do not remember him being that heavily recruited?

Anyone know if someone has gotten their hands on a copy of the buyout clause? Usually, there are terms in there dictating they must go quietly to get their $$. I can't recall a fired coach ever going scorched earth the way Water Bottle has - it is unbelievable (and delusional). I would be delighted to see CU keep their wallets shut at this point - providing that clause exists.

That is a good point. I can't imagine that there isn't contractual language that addresses this. I imagine that Colorado is giving Water Bottle pretty free reign right now, just becaue they don't want another headache.

JMO - Camp Embree is a small, close-knit group all under the same delusion that they can at least get Bohn fired if not go so far as to share Mac's delusion that Water Bottle (I love that) can get his job back.

In some ways, they're trying to take the same track as the dipshits that ran the Lisa Simpson crusade during the "scandal" - throw out some wild ass accusations in the hopes that the liberals in Boulder and in the Denver media will jump up and try to crucify CU again. Problem is - a) the liberals in Boulder don't give a rat's ass about football, and b) the accusations are so ludicrous that even the Denver media is having a hard time with it.

It's really sad. I'm sad that Mac has gone off the deep end. I'm sad that the Camp Embree guys on the radio have become so hateful and bitter that they have soured some CU fans (like me) on them for good. I'm also sad that Water Bottle is burning enough bridges that he'll never have a chance to become a good HC. I wanted so bad for him to succeed.

It is interesting that EB has been dead silent in all of this. He has been a ghost. I am betting that is because he has great prospects back in the NFL.

He's said all along there's no security in this business no matter who you are.

Mac and Embo should listen to the Godfather's advice. Act like a man!

[video=youtube_share;7nqcgUDoV_M]http://youtu.be/7nqcgUDoV_M[/video]

Total MUST READ from Coacheshotseat on this very subject. I wish we could email this to Embree-anyone have his email address?

http://coacheshotseat.com/coacheshotseatblog/archives/16576

Just one of many great quotes saying the same thing we are:
Memo to Jon Embree: Black, White, Brown, Yellow or Green when you DON’T EVEN FIELD a competitive football team you usually get fired in Year 1 or Year 10 and in case Jon Embree and Bill McCartney didn’t notice a WHITE head football coach in the Deep South at Auburn University just GOT FIRED only TWO years after winning the Freaking Bogus BCS National Title in Gene Chizik at Auburn….BECAUSE….he didn’t field a competitive football team in 2012 JUST LIKE Jon Embree at Colorado.

When talking about how both Kiffin and Embree have been failures:
At least Lane Kiffin at Tennessee and USC put teams on the field that kind of knew what the Hell they were doing and competed which is certainly not the case for Jon Embree’s teams at Colorado which make the Keystone Kops look competent!

Another good one:

in two seasons at the school You Jon Embree fielded one of the worst Bogus BCS Conference football teams that we have EVER seen play

They also talk about the bad example Embree is setting for others including his own children. I totally agree with that. He is saying that the world is against him b/c he is black and that he has nothing to own up to regarding his culpability in fielding one of the worst teams in the history of college football.

The sad thing here is he was so concerned about getting another shot at being a HC but he has all but eliminated that option in the future. Not many AD's in their right mind would hire a guy with a terrible record and on-field performance. But NONE will hire a guy who they has no record of success and reflexively plays the race card. If an AD had to fire him they would be concerned about bad press and being called a racist and biggot on national TV. He took his already minor chances of being a HC again and smashed them with his ignorant stupid comments. But of course his take will be.... I am black thus I am not getting another chance. Never mind the embarrassing losses, failing recruiting and baseless accusations you fling when you don't get your way douche

The sad thing here is he was so concerned about getting another shot at being a HC but he has all but eliminated that option in the future.
I think the only way he saves himself if he even wants to coach again is if he becomes truly repentant and comes out with something of the following in a statement to the press:

I aspired to be the HC at CU ever since graduating from CU. This was my dream job. My immediate reaction upon being let go was based on raw emotion. Now that I have had time to reflect and be more objective, I realize that I failed the team, the university and the traditions of which I have been a part with the product I put on the field. As a head coach the team's performance falls on the HC and noone else.

I realize now that CU and the Administration fired me because of the lack of progress on the field, and for no other reason. I sincerely apologize for making unfounded claims about Mike Bohn and the administration. They are good people who also share my passion for restoring the proud tradition at CU, and they made a decision they felt was best for the future of the program. I will always be a Buff 4 Life and I wish nothing more than to see the next coach take them back to the glory days of Colorado where we were competitive year and year out.

Anyone think he is actually capable of that level of self reflection? I really hope he is b/c I think it is his only path towards retuning to the coaching profession. If he did do it i would forgive him and move on.

I think the only way he saves himself if he even wants to coach again is if he becomes truly repentant and comes out with something of the following in a statement to the press:

Anyone think he is actually capable of that level of self reflection? I really hope he is b/c I think it is his only path towards retuning to the coaching profession. If he did do it i would forgive him and move on.

His window of opportunity to do that may have already closed. The hype machine has been getting worse, not better.

Sorry to feed this, but take a read:

Money was about to be a bigger issue in Hattiesburg, because it had become clear that Ellis Johnson was going to have to go. Though Hammond's platform as athletic director, both publicly and privately, was all about financial stability, that tends to go out the window after a winless season. Hammond had to make a coaching move, both to show the community that 0-12 is unacceptable, and to show the people he'll have to convince to rehire him that he's able to build a winning team.

Guy from USM got ONE YEAR after going winless, something that easily could have happened to this year's Buffs if not for WSU Cougin' it.

He's white.

Also though this was relevant:

A source close to Johnson says he was told that if he fired his coordinators, he'd be able to remain coach; Johnson refused. USM would have to bite the bullet, and pay Johnson's buyout clause: $700,000 for each of the three years remaining on his contract

Back