What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Embree needs to take a hit for tonight's "performance"

I know that we were out talented out there, but we were out talented (in the skill positions) against AZ. Embo has to get these guys to play consistent. That is all on him.

Oregon
Stanford
Iowa
Wisconsin
Cal
Georgia Tech

Pledge Allegiance to the Swag

Being from big ten country, I can tell you that while Iowa & Wisconsin did struggle at one point and they had poor records, they NEVER had teams with the talent level that we currently have. And yes, I talking about a low talent level. Also, their low points weren't after 5 years of struggles, with the light at the end of the tunnel looking so far away.

You can't just base program struggles on records. More than half of the schools on that list never even came close to experiencing the lows we've felt, especially since it took only 15-20 years to go from the top of the college football world to where we've been the past 5 years.

Everytime we lose, I am nearly as disappointed by the pathetic attitude of the fans of this team as I am by the team itself. Embo needs some time. Not only to recruit his guys, but also to find his footing as a HC. Coach Mac warned us about this before the season - he kept preaching patience - and some of us were smart enough to see the writing on the wall.

Being from big ten country, I can tell you that while Iowa & Wisconsin did struggle at one point and they had poor records, they NEVER had teams with the talent level that we currently have. And yes, I talking about a low talent level. Also, their low points weren't after 5 years of struggles, with the light at the end of the tunnel looking so far away.

You can't just base program struggles on records. More than half of the schools on that list never even came close to experiencing the lows we've felt, especially since it took only 15-20 years to go from the top of the college football world to where we've been the past 5 years.
Speaking directly about W/L's but Wisconsin was horrible before Alvarez, before Tedford at Cal they were horrible and hadn't made a bowl game in nearly 30 years, GT was pretty bad for half of the 90's, before Harbaugh at Stanford they were horrible, and Oregon was horrible pre 1994.

As much as I want to defend Embree, it is hard. He has a bad football team this year, and it would take any coach multiple years to fix this program. But then again, my biggest fear is another Dan Hawkins. Maybe there is an institutional problem: but we are losing games we should win, getting blown out in others, and then we rush the field for any we win, so they seem better.
Shane Dillon needs to kill. Go Buffs!

Everytime we lose, I am nearly as disappointed by the pathetic attitude of the fans of this team as I am by the team itself. Embo needs some time. Not only to recruit his guys, but also to find his footing as a HC. Coach Mac warned us about this before the season - he kept preaching patience - and some of us were smart enough to see the writing on the wall.

It's like being a hooker. Just keep the blinders up. I'm not happy but I'm also not depressed. I expected them not to win. Why would anything be different with the same players?

I told you guys not to drink the Koolaid.

And he is inexperienced, as are several members of his staff. Perhaps he can pull a rabbit out of his hat. Meanwhile, we spiral further into college football obscurity.....
The rabbit he needs to pull out is a firing/demotion of Brown for his scheme of undersized DTs and DEs in a 3-4 that cant set an edge and get hooked every play.

Speaking directly about W/L's but Wisconsin was horrible before Alvarez, before Tedford at Cal they were horrible and hadn't made a bowl game in nearly 30 years, GT was pretty bad for half of the 90's, before Harbaugh at Stanford they were horrible, and Oregon was horrible pre 1994.

You watched many of these schools play at the time? Didn't think so. I did, and can tell you that MOST of the schools you listed never experienced anything similar to what we have: Top of the college football world to near the bottom in a relatively short amount of time.

I do agree that our talent is absolutely pathetic... but I don't remember ever seeing such pathetic displays as this year vs UCLA and Ohio State

You have a ridiculously short memory. Montana State, EWU, Toledo, CSU fans dancing on our field all come to mind.

You have a ridiculously short memory. Montana State, EWU, Toledo, CSU fans dancing on our field all come to mind.

To say nothing of the last few Mizzou games, the B12 CCG massacres and forth quarter of KU.
Buff fans have been served up **** sandwiches on many, many occasions since 2005.

To say nothing of the last few Mizzou games, the B12 CCG massacres and forth quarter of KU.
Buff fans have been served up **** sandwiches on many, many occasions since 2005.

I've tried to repress such memories... to bad new ones keep filling the void.

He is in a horrible situation. Danny Doosh left him with a bare cupboard. He needs to restock with speed and talent, and is having serious problems on that front. And he is inexperienced, as are several members of his staff. Perhaps he can pull a rabbit out of his hat. Meanwhile, we spiral further into college football obscurity.....
Recruiting is the name of the game. Give him at least a couple of years. If you constantly change coaches, you end up spinning your wheels. On the other hand, it looks like this team has absolutely quit on him.

The Kansas State comparison is a little off kilter. Snyder is in his 3rd year not his first plus his OOC schedule in his first two years is full of Missouri St., North Texas, Central Florida type games played in the little apple. Plus he has brought in classes with 6,6, & 9 Jucos many of which are in the lines. Which allows him to rebuild faster. What he has done at KSU is great but the situation at CU is very different.

Coach Mac also stood behind Hawk for a number of years.

Bottom line, Embree and his staff look in over their head on gameday. We should not be losing 45-6 to UCLA in game 11 of the season.

Coach better, recruit better get the eff out of the 3-4 defense, find an OL coach, TE/ST'S coach and a DC and everything should be stupendous....
Wasn't asking you, but which do you want? Replace coaches or coach better? Are we recruiting better than last year? Year before?

Back