What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Embree Press Conference

lawdogg

Club Member
Club Member
So in his presser today, Coach Embree mentioned that they have two CO kids committed for the 2012 class, and that he believes they will get one more before all is said and done. Any good intel on who the one more would be, Kozan, Callahan, Baylis, etc?

I noticed that as well. I'm hoping when Embree says "one more" that he means one more sure thing. It would be nice to get at least two or three more Colorado players. Not sure it's realistic, but would be nice to flip Thurston and/or Callahan and pick up Kozan. I feel pretty good about the O-line, especially with Nembot and Asiata from this year's class, but we definitely need depth. There's also Zech Green who will probably commit and depending on how recruiting goes overall I wouldn't be surprised if we offered one or two more Colorado kids (maybe Jordon Vaden and Kevin Davis if they have strong senior years).

Zech Green would be a definite if we were sure about the academics. A lot is riding on this fall semester for him. Might even be a late qualifier.

I'm hoping that it's Callahan that Embo is talking about, but there's reason to believe that he's still solid on Auburn and CU would need to start showing something significant on the field in order to flip him.

Kozan is a strong possibility even though he's seemed to be a Big 10 guy all through the process.

Hopefully Mustoe is working on Thurston.

Kevin Davis or Jordon Vaden would be reaches IMO. Hoping it is an OL. If we strike out in that department for this class, that would be very disappointing.

I'm pretty sure the coaches have seen enough out of Kevin Davis and Jordon Vaden to know whether or not they want them.

I'm betting Embree was just referring to the hope that we flip one of Baylis or Callahan and maybe some outside shot we get Kozan.

Man, he made Colorado recruiting sound like it has gone very badly this year. "I think we'll get one more CO guy by the time it's all said and done." Rough!

Back