What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Embree presser

BuffUp

Club Member
Club Member
After reading embree's press conference, I don't get to listen to it. Does he truly believe all that he is saying? does he truly see improvement? Does he really think the Buffs have a shot at finishing the season strong? Like last season?? Is all this coach speak or is he going delusional on us and checked out? Man, I really thought all this crap was gone with our last great hire... I am just not seeing this improvement that he speaks of. I am truly not able to read his quotes without chuckling inside.

I'm not sure how much a barometer the previous 4 games are. We shall see. I'd hope we have a much better showing Saturday at home. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

Last edited:
A press conference consisting of a head coach saying something like, "We suck. We have sucked, and we will continue to suck. Keep paying $$$ for tickets fans!" probably wouldn't fly either.

I think there are improvements. Some on the OL, some in the DB's. Hobbs is coming along. Kasa gets better every week. Pow Pow, when healthy, is getting better with every quarter. The problemis most every team on schedule now, with the possible exception of da yutes, is more talented. And every other team is getting better each week also, most of them across the board, so CU's improvement isn't really a zero sum game.

The season went down the crapper when the staff could not get their second year team ready to beat woeful CSU, D1aa also ran Sac. St. and could not further prevent the humiliation by Fresno.

Improvement is nice, but really doesn't mean squat if you can't have your team ready at the beginning of the season to beat your gimme games. That is the most telling factor about this staff and why I do not think they can do the job.

I'm not sure how much a barometer the last 4 games are. We shall see. I'd hope we have a much better showing Saturday at home. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'd say they are as good a barometer as any other game. We lose to teams we should beat (well, that I used to believe we should beat) and we are demolished by teams we should lose to. It all paints the same, ugly picture.

I'd say they are as good a barometer as any other game. We lose to teams we should beat (well, that I used to believe we should beat) and we are demolished by teams we should lose to. It all paints the same, ugly picture.
I don't know. Two consecutive weeks on the road against SC and O would be tough for anyone. At any rate, I'm pretty sure we suck.

I'm not sure how much a barometer the previous 4 games are. We shall see. I'd hope we have a much better showing Saturday at home. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

A good barometer because every one of those teams will be on the schedule next season. It shows you how far we have to go.

what we need, is Vince Vaugnn to do all pre game and post game speeches.. that dude can talk

Let's look at USC as a barometer.

Here's their performance in Pac-12 games so far this year:

Stanford (A): Lost 14-21
Cal (H): Won 27-9
Utah (A): Won 38-28
Washington (A): Won 24-14
Colorado (H): Won 50-6
Arizona (A): Lost 36-39

Which of those scores is not like the others?

Oregon I can see. Their closest game was a 22-point win at Arizona State. But USC? They're not a great football team. And they beat us like a redheaded stepchild.

and if they are as good as they looked against us.... then Utah beats us, Washington beats us, Stanford and Arizona crushes us

Let's look at USC as a barometer.

Here's their performance in Pac-12 games so far this year:

Stanford (A): Lost 14-21
Cal (H): Won 27-9
Utah (A): Won 38-28
Washington (A): Won 24-14
Colorado (H): Won 50-6
Arizona (A): Lost 36-39

Which of those scores is not like the others?

Oregon I can see. Their closest game was a 22-point win at Arizona State. But USC? They're not a great football team. And they beat us like a redheaded stepchild.

You could do that with most of our opponents. I imagine that fresneck st. would be telling.

A press conference consisting of a head coach saying something like, "We suck. We have sucked, and we will continue to suck. Keep paying $$$ for tickets fans!" probably wouldn't fly either.

He basically says that though: "It's hard enough when you're very talented to overcome those things and we're not very talented. We have some talent, but we're not very talented..."

Something about Embo's tone in that presser is different. Listen to it. He sounds beaten, like he has accepted that this team is going to suck and lose the rest of it's games. I didn't hear any optimism or spirit in his voice at all. No "yeah furd's a good team but if we come out and play our game we got a shot at upsetting them." No "anything can happen in football and that's why we play on Saturdays." No "I'm a competitor and I want to win every weekend and I think we have a shot." I don't think he believes anymore that this team has a chance. Sad day for buff football when the HC quits on his team.

Anyone ask Embree why the defense is giving up 10 more points per game than last year when they were playing backup RBs in the secondary?

I think Embree's demeanor in press conferences has actually been pretty consistent since he started. The on-field results are problematic, not his press conferences. Alternatively, he could (a) be more "realistic" and say we'll probably lose all of our remaining games or (b) be overly optimistic and say we're really close to turning things around. Either way, I'm sure many people would complain about it.

Back