What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Embrees set for family feud on Saturday

The fact that we wouldn't take an automatic commitment from a legacy bums me out. But Im really glad everything worked out for Taylor there. Too bad were gonna have to spoil his senior day

The comment from Embree about his son wanting to go to CU but never getting an offer really pissed me off.

Taylor, in fact, may know more about CU traditions than many of the current Buffs and said he still knows the fight song. Had Taylor got his wish, he and Jon would likely be working together this week.
"I always wanted to play (at CU)," said Taylor, who is disappointed this game isn't in Boulder since he's never played a game at Folsom Field. "I might have ended up there, but they never offered me (a scholarship). My dad played there. My uncle (Sean Embree) played there. That definitely would have been a top pick of mine."
Former CU head coach Dan Hawkins wasn't interested, though.
"When I told him Colorado had no interest in him, I remember he was crushed, because he knew the (CU) fight song before he knew the Star-Spangled Banner," Jon said

I have a new rule. Coaches and sons shouldn't be at the same school, at least in college. However, at the time Taylor was coming in Jon wasn't the head coach.

I have a new rule. Coaches and sons shouldn't be at the same school, at least in college. However, at the time Taylor was coming in Jon wasn't the head coach.

I like that rule too, though mostly if the son was a QB or a running back. I wouldn't be as opposed if the son was a receiver.

Back