What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

End of Season Press Conference - (Chido is coming back!!)

...And here it comes

200.gif

fwiw, in last year's PC he said he expected everyone back. I translate this as "we are changing some AC's, but I'm not sure how many yet"

Getting Tupou and Gillam back healthy and on top of their game will be huge for next year. Now to getting the Oline and QB manageable......

Getting a motivated Tupou back to clog the middle will be huge, especially with Solis graduating.

Getting a motivated Tupou back to clog the middle will be huge, especially with Solis graduating.

It's so funny. When I look at our roster I just don't see a ton of holes. Feel like we have several solid options at all positions....but then we don't win.

QB - Should be ok at worst
RB - Multiple good options
WR - Several good ones. Not great but good
OL - Have some depth and options
DL - Same
Secondary - Same

It's so funny. When I look at our roster I just don't see a ton of holes. Feel like we have several solid options at all positions....but then we don't win.

DL - Same
Secondary - Same

OL is a HUGE question mark right now. Replacing Nembot at RT and counting on Irwin to come back healthy from an ACL at LT.

OL is a HUGE question mark right now. Replacing Nembot at RT and counting on Irwin to come back healthy from an ACL at LT.

Oh I know. But it's not a situation where we have a bunch of inexperienced guys. Returning we have:

Irwin
Kelly
Callahan
Huckins
Kronshage
Lisella
Kough

Lynot and Middlemiss redshirted.

This is my point. We don't win games, we aren't a good team. But when you break each position down you go "wow, we have some depth there." Almost everywhere

Why is Tupou not coming back until May? I thought he was only barred for a semester. Missing spring practice and 6 months of workouts is no bueno.

Oh I know. But it's not a situation where we have a bunch of inexperienced guys. Returning we have:

Irwin
Kelly
Callahan
Huckins
Kronshage
Lisella
Kough

This is my point. We don't win games, we aren't a good team. But when you break each position down you go "wow, we have some depth there." Almost everywhere

Numbers do not equal depth.

While I'm tempted to start drinking some 2016 Kool-Aid already, I looked at the Massey Ratings today and found we are 93rd. That's 3rd worst among P5 schools (ahead of OSU and Kansas). On the bright side our only win above a higher rated team was against CSU who sits incidentally at 92nd.

Until we beat a real team I'm not going to get excited about the program, it only sets you up for disappointment. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised when we beat a decent team.

Irwin
Kelly
Callahan
Huckins
Kronshage
Lisella
Kough

The vast majority of those guys that are being counted on as "depth" are guys that I will probably be excited about when they're RS-JRs and SRs, but they don't move the needle much for me now. I don't feel like going into specifics about other questions I have about that position group since we're not in Barzil, but suffice it to say I will respectfully disagree with any assertion that the OL is "solid". I do feel optimistic about the group, however.

Also, I look at what's coming back on the DL, and IF Tupou can come back close to the same player he was and IF Henington can come back and be as effective as they thought he'd be this year, and IF the rest of the depth chart can add an offseason's worth of weight, that group looks OK to me. If nothing else, better size than we've had there recently.

Last edited:

fwiw, in last year's PC he said he expected everyone back. I translate this as "we are changing some AC's, but I'm not sure how many yet"

Well, he won't have to worry about weather this coming spring.

DL - Same
Secondary - Same
I think it is very telling that you forgot a group altogether. That might clue us in on where we need the most help.

I think it is very telling that you forgot a group altogether. That might clue us in on where we need the most help.

No Doubt. I am pretty confident in saying that we have at least one and maybe as many as 3 offensive lineman coming back that could start on other Pac12 teams. I am not sure that is true of any of our current linebackers. Maybe long term the freshman have a chance to develop into real live talents, but that is about it. It is a giant suckhole.

No Doubt. I am pretty confident in saying that we have at least one and maybe as many as 3 offensive lineman coming back that could start on other Pac12 teams. I am not sure that is true of any of our current linebackers. Maybe long term the freshman have a chance to develop into real live talents, but that is about it. It is a giant suckhole.
I was impressed with NJ and Watanabe in the limited snaps they played this year but Leavitt still has a lot of work to do for me to have confidence in that unit.

On the D-line I would love to see Jimmie Gilbert get some more time. He was able to get to the QB in his limited snaps and we will certainly need pass rushers next year.

Back