What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

End of season Press Conference

MM also mentioned Spruce will be back. Hopefully that is in writing so we can take it to the bank.

MM also mentioned Spruce will be back. Hopefully that is in writing so we can take it to the bank.

Likely would have announced it today at the end of season presser if he was declaring for the draft. Would have been a lot more smoke around it too. Spruce is a solid 3-5 round pick probably. Should stay to get his degree and then jump to the league. No reason to leave early really.

I didn't expect him to, but if he ends up keeping his staff intact like he said, he needs to be shown the door sooner rather than later. I will be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as long as he makes some needed changes.
Are you being serious? Come on man, make sure you use the sarcasm font next time.

watched the video on Rivals. HCMM definitely had a pause when asked about staff changes. hold it on the freak out, for now. I expect them to happen around mid-january or after signing day.

That's plausible. I suppose it wouldn't do any good to say "We're going to be replacing at least one, and possibly two coaches in the offseason". That would just produce a bunch of questions he'd prefer to not answer. Problem is that it kind of makes you wonder about the other stuff he's saying at the same time. How honest is he being?

I didn't watch the presser, but IMO it depends on how he worded the answer to the question. If he's "not anticipating" any staff changes right now, that leaves a lot of room.

Also, if I recall correctly, there are a few coaches already out on the road on recruiting trips. I would expect that MM wouldn't send out any coaches who might not last through December, but i think it would cause undue anxiety for the coaches on the road to hear MM say that there will be staff changes.

Handle it behind closed doors, debrief the media later.

I didn't expect him to, but if he ends up keeping his staff intact like he said, he needs to be shown the door sooner rather than later. I will be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as long as he makes some needed changes.

No just no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you being serious? Come on man, make sure you use the sarcasm font next time.

Im absolutely serious. I think Nienas should have been let go last year, and its obvious that there are other coaches not pulling their weight in recruiting, or coaching. A good coach would recognize this and address it right away, not dick around waiting for things to sort themselves out. Its the definition of insanity. A coach should be doing everything possible to make the team better, even if it means being a little uncomfortable.

Im absolutely serious. I think Nienas should have been let go last year, and its obvious that there are other coaches not pulling their weight in recruiting, or coaching. A good coach would recognize this and address it right away, not dick around waiting for things to sort themselves out. Its the definition of insanity. A coach should be doing everything possible to make the team better, even if it means being a little uncomfortable.

I am wondering if this is a Colorado thing, and not necessarily tied to any one coach.

Going back to the Barnett days - he would never fire anyone when the season ended. Instead, he would announce that a coach was leaving for other opportunities after signing day.

I wonder if this is something that has been decided above the head coach, because it is certainly not unique to MacIntyre.

I am wondering if this is a Colorado thing, and not necessarily tied to any one coach.

Going back to the Barnett days - he would never fire anyone when the season ended. Instead, he would announce that a coach was leaving for other opportunities after signing day.

I wonder if this is something that has been decided above the head coach, because it is certainly not unique to MacIntyre.

My biggest gripe with GB was not letting Okruch go soon enough.

I watched the presser on CUBuffs.com. His response to staff changes was a little odd...he said what he had to.

He made a big deal about getting more powerful...essentially every player getting stronger and more explosive...I'm assuming he was talking primarily about the front 7. This would certainly help, particularly in stopping the run.

He felt confident in the DBs, noting 3 starters were out with injuries.

He said a lot of what's been said here. Sefo's problem is our D and some poor choices on his part, but he's still our guy. Without all the turnovers, I'm sure we'd have a better scoring average than 28.5 a game. He said the D needs a lot of improvement...duh. He didn't mention special teams, which I thought was a little odd - could just be the questions he was getting.

He said all the right things and I still have confidence in him. This year was supposed to be our "getting better without a lot of wins" year, and we did that. Next year, if we want to keep expectations on this program, we need to win 4-6 games and at least 1 conference win. I know everyone is hollering for a bowl game, but I don't see 7 wins next year IMO.

watched the video on Rivals. HCMM definitely had a pause when asked about staff changes. hold it on the freak out, for now. I expect them to happen around mid-january or after signing day.
Yeah, I would think if we are looking for a coordinator position, a lot of that movement doesn't happen until most of the teams seasons are over (in this case after the bowl season).

If he doesn't make any staff changes, the hot seat needs to be turned on high.
There is a general rule in management that you always want to be pushing out your bottom 10%. With 9 coaches and 13 other staff positions, I would expect at least 2 non-voluntary turnovers each year. The tricky thing is knowing when they are voluntary or not.

Samson would be a huge help. Having Samson and Hennington with a healthy Gillam would probably lower our defensive third down conversions by 10-15%. Had we managed that this year, we would have won 6-7 games.

If we had not had ill advised turnovers in multiple games or gone for blood we would have had 6-7 wins. Lots of what ifs added up to 10 Losses.

Why all the fuss over no staff changes? Did anyone believe mike would give guys the boot? Too familiar and concerning but whatever, just win.

I think the lack of long term contracts plays into this to some degree. It seems HCs are concerned if they don't show loyalty to assistants the one year deals will be a bigger deterrent to bring in top assistants. It affects decisions more than it should in my opinion. I was frustrated with Barnett not making staff changes and I will be disappointed with Macintyre if he doesn't upgrade our special teams coach. Neinas isn't bad, it's just he is not making special teams a weapon for us and we need a better recruiter.

This conflicts with some info in barzil. I really, really hope the info in barzil is correct. There needs to be changes to the coaching staff. When you're losing games by 4 points, special teams becomes very, very important. Take that for what you will.
Sorry to be an idiot; but, how do you sign up for barzil? I tried to find the paid membership link last night and couldn't.

Sorry to be an idiot; but, how do you sign up for barzil? I tried to find the paid membership link last night and couldn't.

this should be a red flag to the Allbuffs admins -- a customer wants to give you money and was not immediately able to figure out how.

this should be a red flag to the Allbuffs admins -- a customer wants to give you money and was not immediately able to figure out how.

It's a Colorado fan what do you expect?

SO glad you're not making any important decisions regarding this football program.

psycho it's about to pop. If you bring your lunch pail to work every day, the coaches will get the junk out of the trunk and good things will happen.

Meanwhile in the real world, every other PAC School is poaching talent from staffs blowing up.

This conflicts with some info in barzil. I really, really hope the info in barzil is correct. There needs to be changes to the coaching staff. When you're losing games by 4 points, special teams execution becomes very, very important. Take that for what you will.

FIFY.........You can coach the h*ll out of special teams with the best ST coach in college ranks, but when your SENIOR punter mis-hits the ball and sends a line drive, rather than a loft, right to the KR man, or your SENIOR FG guy misses three in-his-range FG attempts in a 3 pt. game, or your return guy fumbles a punt on the 10 yd. line in a 4 pt. game, you're going to be in trouble.

Back