What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Enough is Enough!!

Hawk's comments are the reason I am suspicious man. I mean, even you have to think this is completely unfair public treatment of Hansen. I don't mind the backup QB getting some reps. Which is why I made the comment I did.

I mean, do you think the treatment of the QBs has been equal and fair?

the jury is out on that. if he is way more productive than cody then yes there's been some wrongdoing. if we still suck then hey the coach's kid will always beat out a close second. didn't you ever play with a coach's kid?

All the quotes that I've seen from Dan Hawkins is that he will not have Hansen on a "short rope."

Then why is he saying Cody will probably play? Sounds like a short rope to me. When Cody was announced as the starter, he was announced as 'the guy' for the entire season. When Hansen was announced, Cody will probably still play.

One of these things is not like the others...

Cody got 5 games to suck it up. Tyler deserves the same; especially considering Tyler won't be playing against Toledo, CSU and Wyoming.

Cody got 5 games to suck it up. Tyler deserves the same; especially considering Tyler won't be playing against Toledo, CSU and Wyoming.

NO shhit!! That's what I'm talking about. Dan "the Choad" Hackins clearly has two standards for his QBs, one for his son who can do no wrong in his eyes, and one for everyone else, including TH, who if they dont kiss his WAC CHamp Rings will be benched faster than Cody can throw an interception and lose a game (which is pretty dam quick).

He is a complete asshat that doesnt give a shiit what anyone else thinks, he's going to do what he wants no matter what. He's like that birthday kid who is having a party at his house who has no consideration for anyone else except his own satisfaction. You can leave the party if you dont like it but everyone wanted to kick his ass the next schoolday.

I wanted this POS gone after the KU game last year, I can only hope after this year's KU game he'll be shown the guillotine.

NO shhit!! That's what I'm talking about. Dan "the Choad" Hackins clearly has two standards for his QBs, one for his son who can do no wrong in his eyes, and one for everyone else, including TH, who if they dont kiss his WAC CHamp Rings will be benched faster than Cody can throw an interception and lose a game (which is pretty dam quick).

He is a complete asshat that doesnt give a shiit what anyone else thinks, he's going to do what he wants no matter what. He's like that birthday kid who is having a party at his house who has no consideration for anyone else except his own satisfaction. You can leave the party if you dont like it but everyone wanted to kick his ass the next schoolday.

I wanted this POS gone after the KU game last year, I can only hope after this year's KU game he'll be shown the guillotine.

Wait a sec...

You almost had me there, wings. You've loved Hawkins since day one and that's not gonna change. Nice Onion-style spoof on yourself post. :lol:

On Sat night, Kiesau talks about Hansen being QB "barring...totally ineffective play" which is an unnecessary comment. Every player has that kind of understanding, at least in the back of their mind. Why did the OC make this one of the first comments out of the box?

Not a great one.

Then a few days later, rather than disregard this 'heat of battle' off-cuff comment, Coach Hawkins goes out of his way to not just open the door but fling open another one.

They couldn't just BE QUIET? They couldn't just SAY NOTHING?!!

I could understand a coaching staff's desire to be tricky and create preparation problems for the forthcoming opponents, but neither QB possesses a stunningly dangerous set of experienced, developed skills. One's not a world-class speedster. One's not a world-class arm with a 90% accuracy rating.

I don't understand why these coaches just couldn't shut up!

On Sat night, Kiesau talks about Hansen being QB "barring...totally ineffective play" which is an unnecessary comment. Every player has that kind of understanding, at least in the back of their mind. Why did the OC make this one of the first comments out of the box?

Not a great one.

Then a few days later, rather than disregard this 'heat of battle' off-cuff comment, Coach Hawkins goes out of his way to not just open the door but fling open another one.

They couldn't just BE QUIET? They couldn't just SAY NOTHING?!!

I could understand a coaching staff's desire to be tricky and create preparation problems for the forthcoming opponents, but neither QB possesses a stunningly dangerous set of experienced, developed skills. One's not a world-class speedster. One's not a world-class arm with a 90% accuracy rating.

I don't understand why these coaches just couldn't shut up!

Because we have fukin clowns who are mimicking D1 BCS Football coaches.:sad2:

If you people will remember, at Boise, Hawkin's philosophy was to give reps to his backup QB. I just think it is that he want's to keep the other guy sharp in case of injury. At least thats the way I take it. But most of you seem to think Hawkins is part of some conspiracy to keep Cody at the helm. I just don't think that's the case.

If this is your theory, then who was getting those other reps when CH was at the helm? Lobato?

Bohn spoke with Dan after his presser and told him that he needs to be a little smarter in what he says. He also pointed out that the media was selective in what they reported and failed to report that after he said "Cody my play again" he said "but he may never play again."

I think many of you are so fed up, upset, bummed out, etc., that you are taking your frustration out on Hawkins. Just relax and see what happens. This ain't life or ****ing death.

Bohn spoke with Dan after his presser and told him that he needs to be a little smarter in what he says. He also pointed out that the media was selective in what they reported and failed to report that after he said "Cody my play again" he said "but he may never play again."

I think many of you are so fed up, upset, bummed out, etc., that you are taking your frustration out on Hawkins. Just relax and see what happens. This ain't life or ****ing death.
Of course it is. What is wrong with you?

All the quotes that I've seen from Dan Hawkins is that he will not have Hansen on a "short rope."

All the quotes i've seen from dan hawkins contradict themselves time and time again. How many times do you have to be bent over before you've had enough from this coach?

Cody had his shot, now hansen should have full control of the offense and i'm hoping he's just messing with mangino. Awin vs KU and cu can turn this season around.

Sorry to dig up an old post, but I just sent off my letter to Bohn. At the very end I said I hope he is personally reading my letter and that he could address my questions.

I'll post my letter and his response as soon as I hear back from him...

Looooong time season ticket holder and I am eating my tickets this weekend. Not going..... Just not gonna do it...., empty seats speak louder than emails to Bohn.

Looooong time season ticket holder and I am eating my tickets this weekend. Not going..... Just not gonna do it...., empty seats speak louder than emails to Bohn.

Don't punish the players. They need support more than ever right now.

Maybe Hawkins forgot about his rant on intramurals and felt like he was obligated as a father to let his son play :lol:

HelenLovejoy_t630.jpg

here's the issue with attendance. there was decent attendance at the ku game. if there is good attendance for mizzery and the rest of the home game slate, then *some* of the leadership at CU may assume that it is cheaper to keep this staff than fire them and pay the buyout. they may assume that the fanbase is willing to continue to pay for and support the program, even when it is losing big.

i understand the sentiment about supporting the players and i agree with that in principle, but i am not going to criticize someone for expressing their discontent by not attending. i am done donating until they show me there is anything resembling a commitment to winning at CU. that's not because i don't support the players. it is because i don't support the leadership.

Awfully hard to support the players and send a message to the administration at the same time.

Banning games would be a bad idea, even though most of us may not support the coaching staff and their idiotic decisions they seem to make week in and week out we must remain strong and support the CU football program. If attendance drops dramatically it affects the moral of our footall team. We will lose out on recruits and it will hurt our team even more down the road. Let's remain strong and support our players and continue to cheer and fight for them even though they've got an idiot of a coach.

IMO the only certain way juicebox sees the door is if Bohn believes the program will lose more $$$$ than keeping him. It's possible he might fire juicebox for performance, but less likely than the dollars....

my letter....

First let me say, I hope I'm not getting a form letter response. My patience, willingness to essentially throw away money on monetarily worthless season tickets and support of all things CU should warrant a well thought out response at the minimum sir.
Being a young alum (fresh out of CU) coupled with the current economic climate that we face, buying season tickets is a tough sell to the girlfriend every year. CU season tickets take up a large percentage of my discretionary income. The only way I can justify this expense to my significant other is that I'll sell the games I dont go to and help get back some of our investment. That has not been the case this year with $10 ticket sales, 2 for 1 homecoming tickets, etc. My point of this email is not to complain about promotions, I want to see a full stadium every saturday and I fully appreciate that you are able to do that despite the marketability (or lack thereof) of this team (see 2-5). Thank you!
What I really want to dive into is the reason tickets have to be sold 2 for 1 for homecoming? The product on the field is awful and that boils down to its head coach. There is absolutely NO passion on this team. None. The team had a real chance to take the drivers seat in the North last weekend and couldnt have cared less. I think I saw coach doze off at one point. ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE. Lets stay out of football strategy and how there, for instance, is zero adjustments made at halftime under the current coaching regime, Hawkins treatment of the media and fans are absolutely unacceptable. I love our University, Mr Bohn,and would probably donate and buy season tickets consistently even if we were winless. It's not THIS years record that is challenging my support, financially and otherwise. Its the body of work that this coaching staff has put together, their attitudes towards the fans and media and the lack of passion that is displayed. I wont be renewing my tickets if Dan Hawkins is our coach next year, and it takes an incredible amount for me to say that.

Thanks for all that you do,

Got a response in ten minutes and I dont think it was a form letter. Bam.

Thank you for taking the time to write. I am in receipt of your note and fully understand your frustration. We will keep working hard to improve in all facets of the program. Loyal supporters and fans like you are integral to our success and I urge you to stay with us. Young alumni like you are important to us. The program is bigger that any one individual. Recruiting is going well and having a good solid base of supporters makes a big difference. MB

my letter....
Being a young alum (fresh out of CU) coupled with the current economic climate that we face, buying season tickets is a tough sell to the girlfriend every year.

:lol::lol::lol:

If I were Bohn, I wouldn't have sent you a reply, I would have sent you a package with a ball and chain......

You aren't even married and you have to justify something to your girlfriend???

:lol::lol::lol:

If I were Bohn, I wouldn't have sent you a reply, I would have sent you a package with a ball and chain......

You aren't even married and you have to justify something to your girlfriend???

:lol::lol: Thought tugging at the heart strings might work a little. Honestly though, really is hard to justify when tickets are going for $10.

:lol::lol: Thought tugging at the heart strings might work a little. Honestly though, really is hard to justify when tickets are going for $10.

You just reminded me of the time when I was dating my wife (gf at the time) and I went to pick her up in Starbucks. I ended up trading in my Jeep Cherokee for an Infinity QX4. She got in the car and asked me whose car did I borrow? I told her i bought it today.... and she says: "YOU NEVER TOLD ME YOU WERE GOING TO DO THIS!" and I yelled back at her.... "WE AINT MARRIED SO I DON'T HAVE TO!"

How the **** is the Athletic Director going to find time to hire a new coach if you self-important tossers are all expecting personalized responses?

I assure you that the the AD now knows the fanbase would like a replacement. Quit piling on. He knows, and he's doing something about it. He genuinely cares about making CU fans happy. Would you rather he make you happy by writing email responses, or doing his real job?

Now. Go to the games (I wish I could) and support our team. If you want to send a message wear a T-shirt or hold a sign which says, "We Love our Players". The intent is clear and the players will appreciate the gesture. If you are such a temperament that you prefer less subtle message you might add "and hate our coach".

Back