What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Eric Bien(i)emy's next job speculation, shut out again

I get that Houston put up big passing numbers but it seems like Atlanta would be an equally good option with Matt Ryan and a good group of receivers. Talk about a team that has underachieved since blowing that Super Bowl a few years ago. And the NFC South will be there for the taking with Brees retiring, Brady nothing great anymore and the Panthers in full rebuild mode. Granted the AFC South isn't anything great either.
Matt Ryan is on the decline while Watson just put up an amazing year and isn’t going away anytime soon.

Will EB have the luxury of being picky? This is a guy who was passed over after winning a SB last year and now has to compete for jobs with several hot (younger) coordinators and probably several high profile college coaches. I love me some EB but it seems like NFL front offices are having the same struggle with him that some of us did - how much of KC’s success was because of him versus Reid and Mahomes?

Will EB have the luxury of being picky? This is a guy who was passed over after winning a SB last year and now has to compete for jobs with several hot (younger) coordinators and probably several high profile college coaches. I love me some EB but it seems like NFL front offices are having the same struggle with him that some of us did - how much of KC’s success was because of him versus Reid and Mahomes?
Benjamin Allbright has also been saying his name isn't as hot around the league as fans believe, mostly due to his past and character concerns. I find that to be pretty dumb, personally, but Allbright has a pretty good track record of being dialed into these things.

I get that Houston put up big passing numbers but it seems like Atlanta would be an equally good option with Matt Ryan and a good group of receivers. Talk about a team that has underachieved since blowing that Super Bowl a few years ago. And the NFC South will be there for the taking with Brees retiring, Brady nothing great anymore and the Panthers in full rebuild mode. Granted the AFC South isn't anything great either.

Good points there. Arthur Blank did say that no job is safe in Atlanta after firing Quinn.

EB with the Chargers makes sense, especially if he hires a nice DC. They have some nice pieces on offense and could innovate pretty well. Their defense just needs some better coaching and they could be a force as well.

EB with the Chargers makes sense, especially if he hires a nice DC. They have some nice pieces on offense and could innovate pretty well. Their defense just needs some better coaching and they could be a force as well.
EB better take a job this year if it is available, and while being picky would be nice, it just is not how it always works out. Houston is a longer road, but they should be patient and Watson has lobbied to have him. LA Chargers would flourish with EB, and he would absolutely love to be out west. Atlanta is the win now job.

With the playoffs set, and the Chiefs on the 1st Seed Bye, can't EB interview this week and possibly be able to take a job now?

I actually think Gus Bradley would have been good there, but losing Ingram, Bosa and DJ, among others really hurt that defense this year and likely cost Lynn his job with all those late leads given up.

Definitely not by far but they have some good young players.
Organizationally, it is the move to make right now in order to get an asset away from the divisional front runner, and a person that knows what to defend.
As I think about it, I bet that EB may not consider the Chargers as a way of loyalty to Andy Reid and the Chiefs?

Organizationally, it is the move to make right now in order to get an asset away from the divisional front runner, and a person that knows what to defend.
As I think about it, I bet that EB may not consider the Chargers as a way of loyalty to Andy Reid and the Chiefs?

Dude, are you serious? “No, thanks, guys. I just got passed over in two hiring circles but I have no interest in your multi million dollar job because I’d have to coach against a guy I get along with well for a year or two before he retires.”

Texans are notated above for their issues. Going to be extremely tough to build at team with no draft picks and not much cap room. Watson is about the only thing going for it at this time. I think they get worse before they get better

Lions have all sorts of issues, like always. A QB who is constantly mediocre, but maybe you can find a good running game to help?

Falcons have an aging QB but seem to have a good core and talent. I think Atlanta could possibly be in line with the Chargers.

Jets. Yikes.

Jaguars, if they open, might be up there with an upgrade at QB

Dude, are you serious? “No, thanks, guys. I just got passed over in two hiring circles but I have no interest in your multi million dollar job because I’d have to coach against a guy I get along with well for a year or two before he retires.”
Reid would never tell him not to take that job so it’s probably moot anyway.

I agree that you take the job if it is the job you want, the money you want and you have no other options. BUT, If EB has a choice, and its say Atlanta and the Chargers, I would see him take the Atlanta job. I have always been frustrated how the AFC West hires people from rivals within the division to constantly figure out what makes each other tick. EB owes Andy Reid a lot, and while it should never play into a dream job, if it can be avoided, maybe it goes down that way.

I think since Reid is the architect of that offense that taking EB away shouldn’t be seen as anything other than a marginal win.

Houston has a quarterback that just put up the second best completion percentage and qb rating while having by far the largest yards per attempt. He also had 33 touchdowns to 7 interceptions. That is an amazing year and coaches will want to have that guy around.

I think since Reid is the architect of that offense that taking EB away shouldn’t be seen as anything other than a marginal win.

Houston has a quarterback that just put up the second best completion percentage and qb rating while having by far the largest yards per attempt. He also had 33 touchdowns to 7 interceptions. That is an amazing year and coaches will want to have that guy around.

Stafford and Detroit combo doesn’t seem attractive at all to me lol they are looking to move on apparently.
Yeah I don't see him sticking around. Too big of a salary hit and they need to be rebuilding. Worst QB situation of the bunch IMO

1. LAC - Foundational players everywhere and 13th pick to address OL
2. Atlanta - All the offense you could want and 4th overall pick
3. Houston - Franchise QB, but literally nothing else
4. Jacksonville - Exciting, young offensive skill players, #1 overall pick for a generational QB talent
5. Jets - Not a good roster, but tons of flexibility to build it from the ground up
6. Detroit - Stafford probably gone, mediocre talent across the board at best

4. Jacksonville - Exciting, young offensive skill players, #1 overall pick for a generational QB talent
5. Jets - Not a good roster, but tons of flexibility to build it from the ground up

Seems like Houston has a couple of good receivers with Cooks and Fuller. But I haven't watched them and am just going by the numbers

Imagine if Atlanta could get Devonta Smith with that 4th pick!!! Holy Crap would they have an offense ready to go for EB

The only problem I see with the Chargers - and it’s a big one - is that I think Herbert is an extremely average quarterback. They have a lot of other pieces in place, but QB will be an issue for them for a long time, IMO.

The only problem I see with the Chargers - and it’s a big one - is that I think Herbert is an extremely average quarterback. They have a lot of other pieces in place, but QB will be an issue for them for a long time, IMO.
s a r c a s m ?

Back