What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ESPN 3 question

DBT

Club Member
Club Member
Trying to find ESPN 3 I get directed to "Watch ESPN." If I try to register I get a list of providers. I assume that is for the televised feed. DirecTV isn't listed. But can I get ESPN 3? Do I have to pay? It's pretty confusing and not user friendly.

Trying to find ESPN 3 I get directed to "Watch ESPN." If I try to register I get a list of providers. I assume that is for the televised feed. DirecTV isn't listed. But can I get ESPN 3? Do I have to pay? It's pretty confusing and not user friendly.

You can't get it with DirecTv. At least you couldn't 2 months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Espn3=watchespn. Verify your access. DirecTV should be in the list. It will direct you to a DirecTV login page. At this point enter your DirecTV user and password. If correct it will redirect you to the game.

Edit: I don't have DirecTV. So I am unsure if it's actually in the list. This is how it works for Dish and Comcast.

Last edited:
"This program is available only to customers of cable and internet providers that offer ESPN3 or WatchESPN"

No DTV or Century Link on the list

Bloody hell.

Sure hope somebody with a workaround can join game chat prior to kickoff.

consider yourselves blessed that you won't have to watch the impending abortion....

Just tried ESPN3/Watch ESPN in anticipation of tomorrow, and came across a random CFL game. The picture quality is excellent. Tomorrow I can watch the CU-UMASS debacle on my laptop and have two other games going on Dish.

I found out out you can watch it on Apple TV if you have that. It had instructions for how to do it when I opened the icon in Apple TV. You still need a cable provider though. With Watch Espn I had to verify my cable provider with my account and password for that provider and then enter a code that Apple TV gives you. It took a bunch of steps but at least it means I can still watch it on the big screen at my home rather than just on iPad, etc. Apple TV is like $100 when I bought it. This definitely makes it worthwhile now!

Repeat of a post I made on another thread per Comcast. Sorry I do not know per other providers:

"For all of you prognosticators wishing to witness just how the young Buffs might accomplish this rather challenging task.... a "road win".... It is apparently only available on ESPN 3. If you have Comcast you can watch it by signing in on your device of choice. I have it on Iphone, Ipad, and desktop PC via Comcast site. *Requires user and password via Comcast.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...rado-buffaloes

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_...Date/20140906/

No doubt ESPN 3 is available on other providers. Not sure if there is any other TV option picking up this game that we can access?"

Last edited:
Xbox live has a watchESPN app, that I then maximize on my big screen. Works great! Of course, I got rid directv for Cox so I can get the Pac12 network. Pac12 also has an app that lets you stream live games. If DirecTV makes a deal with the Pac12 I may switch back.

Dish didn't have ESPN3 for a long time. Just added I think when they also reached the deal to add ESPNU in HD and a couple of other things.

Get a pretty good picture on the Canadian football game going on right now.

Seems to me that when ESPN3 first came out, you could stream stuff with no problem. I guess they've, umm, evolved.

Man I can't wait for one of these guys to cut the providers free, thinking it' just a matter of when, HBO, CBS/Showtime, Viacom, NBC...

Streaming content seams tighter than ever on their networks. Everything is a la cart on top of their programming packages.

Anyway, will be watchin on comcast:) no login required as far as I can tell.

Go Buffs!

DTV still stinks

So, let me get this straight. DirecTv doesn't support the Pac12 Network. The Pac12 Network is going it alone without ESPN. ESPN Talk does not support/carry DirecTV. All righty then.

So, let me get this straight. DirecTv doesn't support the Pac12 Network. The Pac12 Network is going it alone without ESPN. ESPN Talk does not support/carry DirecTV. All righty then.

ESPN3 is still free. Go here for live events. I don't even have cable, but I'm watching Durham vs. Nottinghamshire (Semifinal #2), the only current live event on ESPN3.

8a5y2a7u.jpg

ESPN 3 is on channel 208 on Direct TV (ESPNU). I just watched someone breaking down film, and went up to next Saturday and set the game to record. Plus set it to record AF/WYO game tonight. Already had the Boise/CSU game set to record, since I want to see if CSU looks like crap against Boise, or takes it to them. Might give me a glimmer of hope for the season or crush it completely.

So with Comcast I can't watch this game on my tv, only on a tablet or phone, is that right?

So with Comcast I can't watch this game on my tv, only on a tablet or phone, is that right?

Get an HDMI cable and run it to your TV, if you have an Xbox you might be able to watch it otherwise the feed is going to come from your computer/tablet

Get an HDMI cable and run it to your TV, if you have an Xbox you might be able to watch it otherwise the feed is going to come from your computer/tablet

Don't confuse the technologically challenged.

It has been mentioned previously but for those with an XBOX it is pretty easy to bring up ESPN3 there. It is apparently free and that will be my first option if successful. I have a blank screen of that specific game up after downloading free app. Think I am good there. Comcast will be my backup.

Back