What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ESPN 3 question

Does your laptop have HDMI? If it doesn't you can also get a VGA or DVI cable and use that. Assuming of course you don't mind watching it on your laptop.
Not going to work with my home theater setup, but thanks.

But still requires user and password?
No. I guess I could be more clear. I don't have any cable tv subscription. I do have Cox high speed internet. I can use ESPN3 on the computer and it never asks for any cable tv provider authentication. Edit: you do have to choose the ESNP3 feeds only - the other feeds will ask for subscriber login.

Last edited:
This works just like HBO Go. If you have a content provider like comcast, cox, dish, etc, AND you pay for the channel, you can stream.

ESPN3 would be asking for a service provider, username and password to verify you have rights to the content. Your username would be something like john.doe@comcast.net and then you would have a password. Obviously, you would have to have an account set up first.

Once you have access to the content on your computer, tablet, or phone, you simply watch on that device or you can hook to your tv through an hdmi cable. Or, you can stream direct to a internet ready smart tv.

This works just like HBO Go. If you have a content provider like comcast, cox, dish, etc, AND you pay for the channel, you can stream.

ESPN3 would be asking for a service provider, username and password to verify you have rights to the content. Your username would be something like john.doe@comcast.net and then you would have a password. Obviously, you would have to have an account set up first.

Once you have access to the content on your computer, tablet, or phone, you simply watch on that device or you can hook to your tv through an hdmi cable. Or, you can stream direct to a internet ready smart tv.

That is a good way to describe WatchESPN. ESPN3 is older and been around for a lot longer. You can access ESPN3 without logging in IF your ISP has a deal with ESPN3.
It gets more confusing in that ESPN3 is inside WatchESPN. But if you go to http://espn.go.com/watchespn/ on the right hand side should be a list of games.
Dependent on the ISP you have these are free to watch without logging in.

List of ISPs you can watch ESPN3 without a login. (Must be using this internet connection on your computer or xbox etc.)
http://espn.go.com/espn3/affList

AT&T U-verse

Bright House Networks

Charter

Comcast XFINITY

Cox

DISH

Google Fiber

Midcontinent Communications

Optimum

Time Warner Cable

Verizon

Last edited:
If you are asking me, Century Link. I can't get Comcast internet because I live about 7 miles in the country. My phone is At&t, I can't get uverse out here either. ****ing NM is in the dark ages.

If you are asking me, Century Link. I can't get Comcast internet because I live about 7 miles in the country. My phone is At&t, I can't get uverse out here either. ****ing NM is in the dark ages.

Just go dish. I've had great service with them, they have the PAC 12 channel, picture quality is better than I ever had with cable. And on top of that it's cheaper.

If you decide to do a bunch of us here (pick me please) can give you a code that gets each of us another $5.OO a month off for a year.

I had to deal with comcast for my in-laws. I wouldn't go with those suckers if they gave it to me. Worst customer service I have ever experienced.

We are talking about the 13th of September. Not today. Today is CU-UMass. Not televised. Next week is the ASU game at 7 pm.

4a5u7aby.jpg

208HD. Think there is a 208 that isn't hd and is showing something different. Ipad and wifi not being cooperative or I would look it up.

Just go dish. I've had great service with them, they have the PAC 12 channel, picture quality is better than I ever had with cable. And on top of that it's cheaper.

If you decide to do a bunch of us here (pick me please) can give you a code that gets each of us another $5.OO a month off for a year.

I had to deal with comcast for my in-laws. I wouldn't go with those suckers if they gave it to me. Worst customer service I have ever experienced.

What channel on DISH? Can't find it, and dish is about to go 0-2.

Back