What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ESPN.com: Junior days accelerate recruiting

Sexton Hardcastle

Club Member
Club Member
Junior days accelerate recruiting
By Ivan Maisel
ESPN.com

Junior days are critical to the recruiting efforts of FBS teams in the modern era. They long ago stopped being a loophole through which coaches squeeze to get a head start on their competition.

But coaches aren't just having an open house for juniors. Coaches know whom to invite. In other words, if junior days are standard operating procedure, you know good and well that sophomores are being vetted, analyzed, scrutinized and eyeballed, too.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...h-changed-college-recruiting-college-football

It's frustrating what a disadvantage CU is with our Junior Day. We simply don't have nearly as many D1 prospects within driving distance as the top programs.

Again, I want to say that I favor an early signing for football during the summer. Allow official visits in the spring and summer. That way, CU could pay for players to trip out to our Junior Day and we could somewhat level the playing field.

I touched on this in the Priest Willis thread. Huge advantag for programs in high school hotbeds. The suggestion to allow official visits in the spring could help programs like ours. Fact is, our coaches just have to do a great job selling the program as well as develope a great football camp.

Back