What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ESPN piece on DE Chris Mulumba

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
"Judo is one-on-one," Mulumba explained. "But football is basically 11 one-on-ones. So I have to win mine on every down."

Mulumba says his understanding of leverage and how to use other peoples' momentum against them has translated directly to football for him. Jeffcoat, who recorded over 100 sacks in 14 NFL seasons for the Dallas Cowboys and Buffalo Bills, has noticed the same.

"You see why he would fall in love with football -- it's an aggressive sport," Jeffcoat said. "What's most impressive is that he didn't start playing until he was 19 years old. He didn't have the opportunity to play in high school. So the transition he's made from 19 is pretty impressive."

Read more...
http://www.espn.com/blog/pac12/post...o-champion-chris-mulumba-in-rebuilding-effort

the skills of football are not difficult to perform effectively if you are physically gifted. Speed, strength and talent can make up for a lack of knowledge, and I compensated for my pedestrian speed by knowing and understanding the the schemes. But there is another factor. Every coach can tell you about a player who looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane. So yeah, speed, strength and intelligence still require a certian instinct or toughnessto truly succeed.

Really excited for Mulumba. I must have missed the fact that he's 24 years old. Couple his mental and physical maturity, with his natural physical gifts, and I think we will see an impact player this season. Couldn't have asked for a better season to have the non-conference schedule we do.

Really excited for Mulumba. I must have missed the fact that he's 24 years old. Couple his mental and physical maturity, with his natural physical gifts, and I think we will see an impact player this season. Couldn't have asked for a better season to have the non-conference schedule we do.
I agree about the non-conference schedule. It's not pretty, but we will be able to break in the defense before we hit Pac 12 teams.

Going to know real quick where we stand in the Pac-12 pecking order with UW up first.
Sure is true, glad we don't have to go on the road for our "tough" games. I expect UW to be good, but they should be hit by all the players that have left as well.

I am very excited about Mulumba and Jalin Sami. Especially if they get a lot of playing time while they are here. It is stories like those that make all this so fun.

Back