What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ESPN reports Bills to talk to Shanahan

You are afraid of guns and you live in Philly? I took a gun to Hoop it Up tourneys in Houston and Dallas, I was afraid not too.

first of all....I don't like guns... I wouldnt choose to carry..... and I don't judge those who do in a responsible fashion...

secondly.... what did you do for hoop it up? A friend of mine worked with those tournaments all over the country...

first of all....I don't like guns... I wouldnt choose to carry..... and I don't judge those who do in a responsible fashion...

secondly.... what did you do for hoop it up? A friend of mine worked with those tournaments all over the country...
Umm I played in them, didnt work for them. They were in some rough ass hoods.

Not unless Wilson decides to kick Marv Levy to the curb too, which is highly unlikely IMO.... :cool:

Yeah was thinking about that too, but didn't he step down from a primary "GM" type role and is only a consultant?

Not sure, I'll have to ask my confused friend that loves the Bills (despite never being anywhere near Buffalo, NY).

Yeah we won one in Dallas once and got second in a couple of others. I played in alot of different ones like Roundball Ruckus and Gus Macker, stuff like that. I had some pretty good players who played with me, alot of size.

Can you imagine if Shanahan took the Notre Dame job?

All the Shanny lovers who are ND haters would need therapy. :lol:

Yeah we won one in Dallas once and got second in a couple of others. I played in alot of different ones like Roundball Ruckus and Gus Macker, stuff like that. I had some pretty good players who played with me, alot of size.

if you had the size... what did ya need the :gun: for :thumbsup:

Even the guys on my team took one, these tourneys were in gang areas something fierce and alot of folks had firearms. Security can only do so much lol.

Can you imagine if Shanahan took the Notre Dame job?

All the Shanny lovers who are ND haters would need therapy. :lol:

I'm only a Shanahan lover if he's coaching my team (and winning!). If he's goes darkside on me, he gets no special favors.

I doubt the Bills have the kind of $$$ to put up front to pay off the 7m a year for the next 2.5 years plus pay Shanney his normal salary on top of that. For him to take any job in the NFL it would have to be with a team that's flush with cash to pay him up front. I don't think his wife would be big on Buffalo either.

I doubt the Bills have the kind of $$$ to put up front to pay off the 7m a year for the next 2.5 years plus pay Shanney his normal salary on top of that. For him to take any job in the NFL it would have to be with a team that's flush with cash to pay him up front. I don't think his wife would be big on Buffalo either.

edit: nm

The Bills wouldn't have to pay it off because if they paid him less than 7 million then Bowlen would make up the difference. So he's gonna make at least 7 million per year for the next 2 years regardless of how much he's making.

You guys are just setting yourselves up for disappointment with Shanny. It'd be nice if he came here, but expecting him to turn down full control NFL jobs is highly unlikely. He's an NFL coach and has been for forever.

And Buffalo can't afford to pay him? WHAT? They're an NFL team, not the CU AD, they have $7 laying around. Imo he'll end up in Chicago with his boy Cutler if Lovie doesn't turn it around.

You guys are just setting yourselves up for disappointment with Shanny. It'd be nice if he came here, but expecting him to turn down full control NFL jobs is highly unlikely. He's an NFL coach and has been for forever.

And Buffalo can't afford to pay him? WHAT? They're an NFL team, not the CU AD, they have $7 laying around. Imo he'll end up in Chicago with his boy Cutler if Lovie doesn't turn it around.

I agree that the chances are slim of him coming to CU. But any hope is some hope right now.

I don't understand why people think that Buffalo HAS to pay him over $7 million a season. That just happens to be what his remaining contract is from the Broncos as long as he doesn't accept another coaching job.

Buffalo could offer him an 8-year $40 million deal and he might accept that if wants to try to rebuild the franchise from the ground up.

Chicago is a darkhorse, Lovie's defense has been banged up and fans are getting antsy after finally getting their QB. If they do make a move, I'm sure all of the "Big Three" ex-coaches will get interviews (Holmgren, Cowher, and Shanahan). His Illinois roots and being closer to Denver might be what he is looking for as well, but the Bears might also be leary of the problems Shanny had on D in Denver. Lovie could fire Ron Turner and hire Jeremy Bates as OC and retain his job too.

Yeah, I'm not trying to piss on everyones parade or anything, just saying don't get your hopes too high!

As far as where he'll go, I really have no idea. I do think it's far more likely he'd take a less than spectacular job in the NFL than the CU mess. But hey, I'd love to be wrong.

Shanahan likely won't come to Boulder, and he sure as hell won't be in Buffalo or the rebuild that is necesary in Chicago. Dallas or San Diego look like the most likely destinations from here.

So how much did the Shanny-mansion cost? I was under the impression it was up around $10million or something like that? At any rate, this isn't a place that you build, move into, and then try and sell 6 months later.

Also, and here is the big one that most of you don't realize... No one is breaking the bank for these out of work super bowl winning coaches. This is why they are all sitting it out right now. No one is offering up $7million a year to coach when they can hire an assistant or other lower paid guy like the Broncos, Ravens, Colts, Falcons, Jets, Rams, Saints and most of the rest of the league has done.

Right now, CU has FAR more going for it in terms of getting Shanny than any other football organization.

Besides, even though Shanny did some great things here in Denver, that was 10 years ago. Might be too long ago for people outside of Bronco-Nation to remember too vividly.

you are one delusional fan....I love it, but your gonna get heart broken.

I've been told I've been wrong many times on this board, but I just haven't seen it happen.

The Bills can pay him more than we can. There's a better change he goes there than here. He's an NFL guy. Accept it.

I've been told I've been wrong many times on this board, but I just haven't seen it happen.

The Bills can pay him more than we can. There's a better change he goes there than here. He's an NFL guy. Accept it.

Let's think about this. Shanahan's going to take a several million dollar hit ditching the Shanamansion AND swap Buffalo, NY weather for the Colorado Front Range?

I'm a long way from sure he'd end up in Boulder, but I think the chances are 100% better than him ending up in Buffalo.

Let's think about this. Shanahan's going to take a several million dollar hit ditching the Shanamansion AND swap Buffalo, NY weather for the Colorado Front Range?

I'm a long way from sure he'd end up in Boulder, but I think the chances are 100% better than him ending up in Buffalo.

I love the weather argument....... NO matter what, when Shanny takes a break or a vacation (and I hear they are few and far between), he can hop on a plane and get to Cabo San Lucas in a few hours... or a few more hours.... From Buffalo, he can actually work 3 more hours on the plane :smile2:

I think the weather argument is way over rated... except in Steve Spurrier's case...

Back