What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ESPN Rumors - Shanahans

Browsing an NU board last night they had the same scoop links listed and were $hitting themselves over the idea of playing shanny or venebles on a yearly basis. :lol:

Browsing an NU board last night they had the same scoop links listed and were $hitting themselves over the idea of playing shanny or venebles on a yearly basis. :lol:

Hah! Good enough for me! lol

But seriously.. IF IF IF Shanny would be willing to listen, you gotta take a shot. Sure, he might not be around more than four years, but just the fact that CU hired him would get the Buffs back on the national stage. Then win next year and you're the class of the North and suddenly getting respect back.

That's really all I want at this point: Just bring him in and make us respectable again and hopefully his son is a whiz and you don't have coaching problems for 25 years.

NFL Jobs might not be to Shanahan's liking this year

Washington - DC train wreck
Dallas - can Shanahan work for Jerry Jones? I think not
San Diego - looks like Chargers are going to get it going, so that job won't be open..this is the one Shanahan would take I believe
Chicago - owner supported Lovie Smith, but maybe
Cleveland - going after Holmgren

I think the Shanahan thing could work....and it gets him back in coaching next year with his kid.

A guy can dream anyway

Washington - DC train wreck
Dallas - can Shanahan work for Jerry Jones? I think not
San Diego - looks like Chargers are going to get it going, so that job won't be open..this is the one Shanahan would take I believe
Chicago - owner supported Lovie Smith, but maybe
Cleveland - going after Holmgren

I think the Shanahan thing could work....and it gets him back in coaching next year with his kid.

A guy can dream anyway

Cleveland is going after Holmgren as a front office guy aren't they? Kind of like Parcells in Miami?

You never know... did the Dolts fire a 14 - 2 Marty Schottenheimer?

You never know... did the Dolts fire a 14 - 2 Marty Schottenheimer?

That was basically because Marty told the GM to go **** himself and the owners sided with the GM. Somehow I do not see Norv Turner asserting himself quite like Marty, but you never know.

My 3d hand information agrees with Unleash's 3d hand information, although the key word I heard was "interested" instead of "listen"

My 3d hand information agrees with Unleash's 3d hand information, although the key word I heard was "interested" instead of "listen"

I want to believe I really really do......I just can't bring myself to believe that Shanny would want to coach college. Didn't he brush off Florida prior to them hiring Meyer?

He didn't 'brush off' Florida... he looked at them very seriously... then Bowlen offered him coach for life :lol:... oops

I want to believe I really really do......I just can't bring myself to believe that Shanny would want to coach college. Didn't he brush off Florida prior to them hiring Meyer?

The Zooker came in after Shanahan turned them down.

Going Sinker...

Again, why not right now?

1) He has a new house here
2) He has a new restaraunt here
3) He loves it here
4) Still get millions from the Broncos
5) Loses that Bronco money if coaches NFL, not college though.

I really think the chances are a lot better than most think.

My fear is that we will get the same thing the Rockies did when they hired Jim Leyland. Everybody got their hopes up and then he laid a Dinger sized egg and then quit the team.

My fear is that we will get the same thing the Rockies did when they hired Jim Leyland. Everybody got their hopes up and then he laid a Dinger sized egg and then quit the team.

You think Shanahan is going to spend most of his time up the tunnel smoking?? :lol:

Leyland didn't have much to work with, talent wise. Buddy Bell didn't do any better. The Rox needed five years of O'Dowd working his magic to produce any results.

Not to mention the fact that a football coach has incredibly more influence on his team than a baseball coach does.

3) He loves it here

i agree....

i hope....

eh.....

3) He loves it here

I like how you are thinking Unleash.. :thumbsup:

is #5 true? I hadn't heard that before

Yeah his buyout with the broncos is that the pay him 7 million over the next couple years UNLESS he takes another NFL job. However it says nothing about college from my understanding. So he could make 1 million a year from CU, a couple million from the Broncos and stay in Denver like he has already said he wanted to. Lets hope these rumors are true..... cause I cannot take Hawk love for another year

Back