What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Even Boyle needs talent - we will finish 7-11 or worse in the PAC 12

buffs233

Club Member
Club Member
The Dinwiddie ACL injury is easily the single most damaging injury to a program I have seen in the last 25 years at CU. Add that to the Fletcher injury 5 minutes later, in an incredible jolt of vintage bad CU luck, and what could have been a dream season instead will go down as a massive disappointment. My biggest concern is that the fade at the end of this year will negatively affect the 2014-2105 recruiting class, which looks like it could be special.

I respect Boyle, but this season is over for all practical purposes.

The Dinwiddie ACL injury is easily the single most damaging injury to a program I have seen in the last 25 years at CU. Add that to the Fletcher injury 5 minutes later, in an incredible jolt of vintage bad CU luck, and what could have been a dream season instead will go down as a massive disappointment. My biggest concern is that the fade at the end of this year will negatively affect the 2014-2105 recruiting class, which looks like it could be special.

If we blow out USC you wouldn't change your opinion?

I agree with your premise the coach needs talent, there's only a certain amount a coach can do. I also think regardless how we finish, we're in good hands with Tad. This season won't undo all the groundwork that has been laidout first by Bzdelik and that Tad built up.

I am glad that the level of give up is confined to this forum and has not entered into the coaching staff and the team

Too premature. One game against a program we suck against does not a season make.

Have some concerns with his substitution pattern to say the least. Not just last night but in the past as well like the game against Illinois, just saying. I know he has done a great job but last year's class looked a lot better on paper than they have played on the court.

The 2nd line actually wasn't too bad. They could have helped more but they didn't hurt us. They kept the margin at 6 for about 4 minutes. The story of the game IMO is the inability to execute at the rim. Way too many missed layups. Looking at the box score, we missed 5 outright layups. They don't keep track of the # of missed putbacks we had, which had to be close to 10. That is 30 points. We make 50% of those and we win. FT's hurt us a bit too. Only hit 58%, most of those misses coming in the 2nd half.

Despite your best efforts to conceal it, your agenda is very thinly veiled. Just thought you should know.

I think this will accelerate the growth of the young guys and create a good chance Spencer returns next year. I can see a scenario where '14-'15 becomes a very special year.

A) The 2014-15 recruiting class for all intents and purposes is over...do you think Collier and Miller will decommit because Spencer got hurt...not likely.

B) This season is far from over

If Spencer returns, we could possibly redshirt Jaron or Dom. Either of them may not be too happy about it, but it would set us up for some real sustained success at PG for a long time. However I have a real hard time seeing Spencer in a buffs uni next year.

A) The 2014-15 recruiting class for all intents and purposes is over...do you think Collier and Miller will decommit because Spencer got hurt...not likely.

B) This season is far from over

Miller and Collier are signed, sealed, and delivered. They are buffs, that dude has no clue.

I think this will accelerate the growth of the young guys and create a good chance Spencer returns next year. I can see a scenario where '14-'15 becomes a very special year.

I don't think Spencer is coming back, at least that is not where his head is based on his words to the team and other places. Regardless though you are right this will accelerate the growth for the team, what really sucks about it is Fletch is going to miss so much of this time, outside of Jhop he has the most upside for us next year. Given where the injuries are confined to it really sucks because it means guys like Dustin and Wes wont really pick up any more minutes and both could use them.

Miller and Collier are signed, sealed, and delivered. They are buffs, that dude has no clue.

you say this, but then you also say this:

If Spencer returns, we could possibly redshirt Jaron or Dom. Either of them may not be too happy about it, but it would set us up for some real sustained success at PG for a long time. However I have a real hard time seeing Spencer in a buffs uni next year.

pot/kettle and all.

you say this, but then you also say this:

pot/kettle and all.

I think they are different statements no?

The first one you quote, is in reference to the fact that Dom and Miller have signed national letters of intent. They will attend CU, or possibly have to miss a year of playing time to transfer.

The second one is referencing our likely PG situation next year. Which will likely not include The Mayor. I am confused as to where I am the kettle in your accusation.

Guys, Spencer has left the building. I know we all want to dream, but everyone needs to come to grips that we've seen him play basketball at the Keg for the last time.

No

The first one you quote, is in reference to the fact that Dom and Miller have signed national letters of intent. They will attend CU, or possibly have to miss a year of playing time to transfer.

The second one is referencing our likely PG situation next year. Which will likely not include The Mayor. I am confused as to where I am the kettle in your accusation.

Even if Spencer returns we aren't red-shirting Jaron, he can play and has played the 2 and the 3 he's the most explosive frosh and he's leading us in frosh minutes suggesting we redshirt him is a bit like saying we could have redshirted XJ this season.

Redshirting Dom is basically saying Talton and Stalzer are more effective players than he is going to be.

Guys, Spencer has left the building. I know we all want to dream, but everyone needs to come to grips that we've seen him play basketball at the Keg for the last time.
You are probably correct. Do you still think he's a first round selection?

Its obviously not a likely scenario because Spencer isn't coming back. If he did we would then have 5pg's on the roster. Spencer, Talton, Stalzer, J-Hop, and Dom. Seems like 2 are likely to not get many minutes anyway.

can you guess which 2 it might be?

can you guess which 2 it might be?

Talton was the 6/7th man this year before Spencer went down. He will likely be there again next year, especially with the time he will now be playing the rest of this season. It is going to take some big time skill and a rapid learning curve for a true freshman to unseat a Junior.

You are probably correct. Do you still think he's a first round selection?

Wouldn't surprise me honestly. It'll be like Dre - he may sneak in, but he won't go undrafted or anything.

The thing that I keep coming back to is the fact that all of his comments have made it sound like he's done here. He "wanted to ride out with a P12 championship", he "feels like he let everyone down", etc.. He's closing the door. And I don't blame him. This is a kid who was thinking about coming out for LAST year's draft. So he's spent the last year mentally preparing to be done with CU and moving on to his next step. A step that has been a dream for his entire life. I've seen people say things like "but NBA teams won't be able to see him work out". There were 26 NBA scouts in Boulder for the CU vs Kansas game. You don't think those guys had seats to practice to watch him that week? You don't think those guys know what he can do? Workouts can help, yes, but more and more it's so staffs can see what the kid's mental makeup is more than anything else now. Also, there was word yesterday that Spencer is already back up to 90% range of motion in his knee and his surgery may actually be moved up to this weekend.

Finally, I keep going back to the fact that the Phoenix Suns have four first round picks this year. They have a GM who is one of the "new school" guys who loves analytics (a department where Spencer absolutely glows). They have a medical staff that is widely considered the best in the NBA BY FAR. It would not surprise me at all for Phoenix to draft him and then pay him to rehab.

Talton was the 6/7th man this year before Spencer went down. He will likely be there again next year, especially with the time he will now be playing the rest of this season. It is going to take some big time skill and a rapid learning curve for a true freshman to unseat a Junior.

Which is exactly what Dom is.

Look Jhop is already getting minutes over Talton right now and he was a fringe top-150 guy who is not a true PG, Dom is a consensus top-100 payer who made Team USA - people are sleeping on how good he is.

The pot/kettle comment was about you saying another poster has no clue.

What in the world would make you think Talton would play over JHop or Dom?

Which is exactly what Dom is.

Look Jhop is already getting minutes over Talton right now and he was a fringe top-150 guy who is not a true PG, Dom is a consensus top-100 payer who made Team USA - people are sleeping on how good he is.

I guess my approach with freshman is and probably always will be, they have to prove it at this level. Top 100 guys don't always work out as expected. I mean look at Jabari Parker right now with Duke, a top 10 recruit. Started off the season hot, but teams have figured out his tendencies and as a freshman, he lacks the experience to know how to adjust at this level. He will likely make the adjustments and finish out the season with good numbers and be a lottery pick based on his potential. There is a reason Coach K has been putting in players with more experience than him in crunch time.

I have no doubt that Dom is a good player, and I have no doubt that he will be a great asset to the team, I just dont expect a huge impact from true freshman. I expect solid minutes and maybe if you are lucky they take over a game or two.

The thing I have about spencers draft-ability is the payday. He's said before if he's first round he will leave, if not he will stay.
We are nowhere near march right now, and who last january thought that michigan had 3 first round picks on the floor?

Kids who shine in march can change things on draft boards - unfortunately, spencer wont have a chance to do that this year.

You're probably right. But I'd still wait to see how this draft class stacks out and how he recovers when it's time to go.

Back