What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Even the proffesors say Embree is staying

Yes we've been through this:

1. The AD is feeding this to media outlets to control the message, and undermine the outrage that will happen after Coach Embree is officially retained.

2. There is NOTHING in that data that accounts for a team with CU's performance this year. Our situation is almost unprecedented. Furthermore, there are plenty of situations, where replacing a coach helped in the long term.

I love the comments at the end of the article:

Are these the same professors who picked Romney to win the election?

Oh ****!! LOL. It IS the same professor!!! Michael Barry is the same guy who picked Romney to win the election. Maybe this guy needs to consider another career path.

Last edited:
I would just like to take a moment to say that calling out the validity of the research findings of academics on a sports fan message board loses a tiny bit of credibility while reinforcing a stereotype they have of us when the thread title describes these academics as "proffesors".

:wink2:

I would just like to take a moment to say that calling out the validity of the research findings of academics on a sports fan message board loses a tiny bit of credibility while reinforcing a stereotype they have of us when the thread title describes these academics as "proffesors".

It is what the Sports Information Director would term a "magic moment."

Damn. I am going to have to up my internet posting qc work. That is three call outs this moth.

Well, I will take a moment to criticize the validity of this "research," user proper spelling and sh*t

"the researchers in 2008 began using a matching technique to compare those teams to similarly positioned teams that didn't fire coaches. Entry conditions were factored into the effects of a coaching change, according to the research team, and win-loss record was the only dependent variable studied."

I don't know exactly what an "entry condition" is. Presumably, they are talking about initial conditions. They would be right to focus on this issue because the findings from system's theory and complexity theory demonstrate that initial conditions and complex feedback mechanisms dominate over those "controlled factors"

This kind of research, ignorant of the complex adaptive forces shaping the system under question, is why political science is not considered a science by people outside of that discipline. And it doesn't even require waiting for the predictions to be falsified by events, like Romney's predicted landslide win, to know it.

Back