What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Excellent Press on the Buffs in Ft Worth Paper

That can't hurt our recruiting. We're going to get a lot of good press if we're winning at a decent clip. Bzdelik is very respected and extremely well-liked in basketball circles. He's very accessible and quotable for the media, too.

Dallas: in Texas prep basketball, is DFW on par with Houston for putting out talent or does it still skew heavily to the Houseon area?

That can't hurt our recruiting. We're going to get a lot of good press if we're winning at a decent clip. Bzdelik is very respected and extremely well-liked in basketball circles. He's very accessible and quotable for the media, too.

Dallas: in Texas prep basketball, is DFW on par with Houston for putting out talent or does it still skew heavily to the Houseon area?

Nik - I don't know....I am not familiar with Houston HS basketball.....I do my best to act like the shores of the Gulf of Mexico are located just south of Oak Cliff.....

On par, and though I think Houston has traditionally put out better star quality prospects, DFW's got more powerhouse programs who make a run at the state final four almost every single year. Lincoln, SOC, Duncanville, Dunbar, just to name a few. Realistically, Bz and staff should be scouting and courting these schools' #2 and 3 scoring options. Conceding the top guy might go to one of the Texas Big 12 schools or another high level D1 program, the other starters on these squads are probably gems but because of scholly limits and the desire to play close to home are mulling offers primarily from mid-levels like Tulsa, UH or SMU. Find a guy who would be a great fit playing Big 12 basketball and sell the fact that he'll be playing half of his conference road games near friends and family and you've got a recruiting base that isn't as shallow as once believed.

And, of course, win, win, win. Exponential incentive multiplier.

Back