What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Expectations '13-'14

If no one steps up and is able to shoot consistently from the outside, we are going to continue to have problems going forward. It's no coincidence that the only time we looked like a legit tournament team in the game vs. Illinois was when ski was making shots during the first 7 minutes of the second half.

I present you Chris Jenkins and I think Tre'Shawn Fletcher

I assume Dre is gone.

To start the season, the lineup could be:

C Scott
PF Johnson
SG Hopkins
SG Booker
PG Dinwiddie

With backups

C Gordon
PF Thomas
SF Adams, Fletcher
SG Jenkins
PG Talton

Mills and Stalzer will compete for minute too. I don't know if any of the incoming freshmen redshirt. Doesn't seem like it, but you never know.

That looks deeper than this years team, with the bench far more athletic. However, we're heavily relying on 5 freshmen we haven't seen play. Could be anywhere from 19-24 wins.

I assume Dre is gone.

C Scott
PF Johnson
SG Hopkins
SG Booker
PG Dinwiddie

With backups

C Gordon
PF Thomas
SF Adams, Fletcher
SG Jenkins
PG Talton

Mills and Stalzer will compete for minute too. I don't know if any of the incoming freshmen redshirt. Doesn't seem like it, but you never know.

That looks deeper than this years team, with the bench far more athletic. However, we're heavily relying on 5 freshmen we haven't seen play. Could be anywhere from 19-24 wins.

I think you have too many scholarships in the above scenario.

If Tad adds a press in next season is he going to ignore the offense again? I figured he has been building his defensive base the past few years so he may not have to focus too heavily on that this year.

I understand your logic with the east coast bias and all, but I just don't agree. The tournament has gotten us a lot of exposure (countless times today we heard "in the Colorado game" during the UI vs. UM game) and we return nearly everyone. We will start out in the top 25, I'm going to guess #19.

Just curious, but who do you think they bump in the current Top 25? I'd say Miami, Creighton, St. Louis, K-State, Oregon (if they don't land Aaron Gordon), possibly Gonzaga (are going to lose their two best players) are teams CU could be seen as better next season

Kentucky, California and Wichita State will likely be ranked next year, so I have a hard time seeing CU jump that much.

I hope you're right. That's a lot to put on a Freshman, though. I suppose we don't have much of a choice.
Word from practice is that Jenkins is a lights out shooter, and that's what he was recruited for.

Has the talk about increasing our use of the press come from Tad? Or is this something we're assuming based on greater depth next year? Seems to me pressing more would open us up to transition/paint points, which Tad has put a premium on with his defense to this point.

I assume Dre is gone.

C Scott
PF Johnson
SG Hopkins
SG Booker
PG Dinwiddie

With backups

C Gordon
PF Thomas
SF Adams, Fletcher
SG Jenkins
PG Talton

Gordon at PF and XJ at SF. Ideally you don't want a 6'6" power forward.

We've done what the personnel has dictated Tad's first 3 years.

And Tad brought in most of the personnel.

Plus Tad played with a small lineup at UNC. Barring us signing a Kaleb Tarczewski, I think that's what we need to expect for the future. Especially when you look over reported offers that we have out for the class of 2014 & 2015.

Gordon at PF and XJ at SF. Ideally you don't want a 6'6" power forward.

As opposed to a 6'7" PF in Roberson? This is college, not NBA. You can live with writing in a 6'6" 220lb at PF if they have great rebounding skill like XJ at this level.

As Tante said, labels aren't as important in our system. Gordon is backing up Scott. We have forwards in XJ, Thomas, Adams and maybe Fletcher (not sure he is a G or F until I see him). Classify however you want, it's not something to get hung up on.

Also, this is going to be matchup dependent. But "small ball" doesn't worry me as much as it used to. I only have to look at the success of programs like Villanova, Marquette and Illinois. Just put the best 5 on the court and do what you do.

Also, this is going to be matchup dependent. But "small ball" doesn't worry me as much as it used to. I only have to look at the success of programs like Villanova, Marquette and Illinois. Just put the best 5 on the court and do what you do.

Small ball can work, but i think if we want a national championship, we have to be able to match up with Centers from Kansas, Duke, MSU etc... Hopefully Scott can beef up and become a dominant Center, but I think he's a true PF.

I do like the 6'6, 6'7 wings that are coming in with versatile skills, but CU would be so much better if we had a 6'11, 7'0 player that could block shots around the rim, dunk it in traffic, and lock up the paint. With that said, I can't wait to see what Gordon brings to the table, but does he really have the height to guard 7 footers?

I hope Tad can get a semi-skilled, defensive minded center on the recruiting trail. I think this is the last piece needed to become a legitimate threat to take it all.

My expectations next year is sweet 16, go buffs!!!

If Dre stays my expectations are that we are preseason top 25, 24+ regular season wins, top 2 in conference regular season,make the finals in the conference tourney, make a long awaited return to the sweet 16.

If Dre stays my expectations are that we are preseason top 25, 24+ regular season wins, top 2 in conference regular season,make the finals in the conference tourney, make a long awaited return to the sweet 16.

I'm aboard and resigned to the thought that Dre is going to be back with a huge chip on his shoulder to get into the first round of the 2014 draft. The best way for him to do it is for CU to go on a deep tourney run.

especially in the most recent article by the camera discussing how he is off most mock draft boards and a late second in the ones that he is still on for this year. Tad has requested an evaluation of him by the NBA advisory board so we will see what they say about where Dre lands, after the stanford game I thought for sure he was gone, but now I am not so sure. We could be returning the entire starting 5 next season while dramatically improving our bench depth. Next year could be the year.

especially in the most recent article by the camera discussing how he is off most mock draft boards and a late second in the ones that he is still on for this year. Tad has requested an evaluation of him by the NBA advisory board so we will see what they say about where Dre lands, after the stanford game I thought for sure he was gone, but now I am not so sure. We could be returning the entire starting 5 next season while dramatically improving our bench depth. Next year could be the year.

I think we should prepare ourselves for Spencer not being back.

Spencer also isnt on the draft boards for this year, but is projecting as a lottery pick for 2014, I think he stays

And he's slated to make much more money if he stays a year assuming he keeps on progressing and developing his game.

I think we should prepare ourselves for Spencer not being back.

Shut your whore mouth.

bitch+slap.jpg

Back