What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Facilities Plans...

Not to be a complete Debbie Downer, but it's not like the Regents have approved anything difficult, like funding for this stuff. They're basically saying "yeah, you want to do that. Sure. If you can pay for it yourself". We have heard nothing about how the fundraising is coming along to pay for this.

And I'll say this again - there are construction projects taking place on the campus all the time. The CFC, the giant new utilities building behind the Keg, additions to the Engineering Center, etc. Why would it be so out-of-line for athletic facilities to be included in those facility improvements? Why can't some of this be financed by the University itself?

images

Now just get me a website where I can pay for a paver stone or something and lets get this thing moving.

Not to be a complete Debbie Downer, but it's not like the Regents have approved anything difficult, like funding for this stuff. They're basically saying "yeah, you want to do that. Sure. If you can pay for it yourself". We have heard nothing about how the fundraising is coming along to pay for this.

And I'll say this again - there are construction projects taking place on the campus all the time. The CFC, the giant new utilities building behind the Keg, additions to the Engineering Center, etc. Why would it be so out-of-line for athletic facilities to be included in those facility improvements? Why can't some of this be financed by the University itself?

Sadly Sacky is correct. This is basically no different than CSU's regents approving the new stadium IF they had half of the funding secured first. I sure hope it happens, but I'll be happier when I see ground being broken.

I have a feeling Rick is going to surprise us with something. The meeting today was far and above what I expected at this point so who knows what he has up his sleeve.

How feasible is all this?

Phase 1 could probably be done immediately. That is the 4th floor build out to folsom on the west side. Phase 2 is the NE corner expansion and that is going to take some work. It all depends if George could bring Solich back into the fold.

BTW they said the IPF would have a track, yet the designs/images didn't have a track....

****ing hate they let the students vote on that. Yes lets build a pool that will be open 2months out of 8 that students are on campus...

I just don't know what it is about pools around here. Too many condos complexes have pools that are open memorial day to labor day. OK it's cool to lounge around on lawn chairs get a tan. No one even goes in the water though.

For some reason I like the ralphie pool though. Just a small show of gratuitous spending. I doubt it (alone) costs more then $5-$10 per student per year in fees. Would it be better at a place like UCLA or SDSU? hell yeah.

Too bad it appears Ralphie is going to be upside down in google maps.

As for the new football faculties, they look great... and mostly affordable. Indoor practice center is coming in around $36 million. I know Oregon and Oregon State use their for tailgating/halftime...

Balch is still a dump, but it's already there and useful, and can be upgraded later if/when more money comes in. You don't want to spend too much at once like Cal. There will be money from the ESPN playoffs, maybe a new P12 TV contract in 2023, and of course improvements to the on field product due to the practice/training facilities.

Last edited:
Rick George >>>>> Mike Bohn

OK. Before we go and polish Rick George's knob, this was nothing more than an update to the plan originally proposed by none other than Mike Bohn last February. I'll give George all the props in the world if he pulls this off, but it's a little early to be making statements like this, IMO.

OK. Before we go and polish Rick George's knob, this was nothing more than an update to the plan originally proposed by none other than Mike Bohn last February. I'll give George all the props in the world if he pulls this off, but it's a little early to be making statements like this, IMO.

It was a pretty big update actually. Sorry your love for Mike Bohn clouds your vision.

That's a big difference. Around ~20 extra yards of space needed in every direction

It would be an extra 11 yards of width on each sideline, and would be quite a bit longer. Like I said purely representational at this point. That is one key thing they would incorporate in the design review that they discussed to make sure the IPF does not negatively impact the aesthetic of Folsom.

It was a pretty big update actually. Sorry your love for Mike Bohn clouds your vision.

I make no effort to hide the fact that I think Mike Bohn did a lot of good things for this University. I think he gets crucified for his mistakes, receives a lot of blame for stuff he had nothing to do with, and very little credit for the things he did well.

That said, what we are seeing today is nice. It's not really anything all that new, though. It's a re-design of stuff that was already presented. So what? Let's hear how the fundraising is coming along. We know the price tag of these facilities. How much is pledged? That's kind of an important detail.

technically it is a totally different more cost effective, useable, and deliverable plan that what Bohn had - but yes they both took plans to regent meetings.

Funny, I don't remember anybody on this board making comments about the Bohn plan saying "This really isn't a cost effective, usable or deliverable plan". But maybe I was away from the board that day.

And I apologize for taking this thread in a different direction. I like the plan. I really, really hope the plan as presented gets done. We need it, and I look forward to it being built. I hope we don't stop there, too. We need more than just what has been proposed here.

Yeah, wasn't Bohn's plan to level student housing and expand Dal Ward on top of some gigantic underground garage, somehow supported over that hill?

WhoTF is this Ludwig guy? I guess we should never build by this logic

[tweet]408324717376839680[/tweet]

He is the voice of many out there that think a University should not spend money on an athletic program. The lie that has been told over and over and over. The AD money and the University money are two separate pots. They exist as two separate entities under one umbrella. It is in their best interests to work together but they do not have to.

Back