What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Facilities Plans...

That writer should really change her twitter handle to The Sarahcuda
th

We are so overdue for this it is not funny. This is the part of the AD job that Mike Bohn struggled with so much.

That and the issue of beer in the stadium! How can they look away from $350-400 K/yr in revenues??? Stoooopid! DU serves hard liquor at their primo facility. Are their students less alky than in Boulder?

Especially when the students all show up drunk anyway? KISS method: Issue 'em (21 yr olds) beer cards; any misuse or drunkeness, expell them!

Funny, I don't remember anybody on this board making comments about the Bohn plan saying "This really isn't a cost effective, usable or deliverable plan". But maybe I was away from the board that day.

And I apologize for taking this thread in a different direction. I like the plan. I really, really hope the plan as presented gets done. We need it, and I look forward to it being built. I hope we don't stop there, too. We need more than just what has been proposed here.

I took those words from someone I met with regarding the revision of the plans - the attachment to the east stands for academic success was not really going to work and was going to cost 50% more than what they are proposing in the NE corner of the stadium. His timelines were also much longer and would have had less chance at succeeding.

I liked Mike as much as the next guy you can pull my posting history arguing with people about that, but we were so desperate for anything that not much criticism came through when the plans were announced last year.

Nice updated plans, I see the regents gave it a thumbs up. Time to raise the cash, love the athletic center and dal ward upgrades.

I make no effort to hide the fact that I think Mike Bohn did a lot of good things for this University. I think he gets crucified for his mistakes, receives a lot of blame for stuff he had nothing to do with, and very little credit for the things he did well.

That said, what we are seeing today is nice. It's not really anything all that new, though. It's a re-design of stuff that was already presented. So what? Let's hear how the fundraising is coming along. We know the price tag of these facilities. How much is pledged? That's kind of an important detail.

Totally with Sacky here. I know Mike, obviously I'm a fan of Mike. I also understand why he was fired. From some posters perspective on this board, Mike Bohn was the devil and was intent on destroying CU athletics, and accomplished zero positive things. Can you people let sleeping dogs lie? Jesus.

I really like the directions that Rick George appears to driving us. But I'm going to let actions speak. This is another step in the right direction. I'm not going to be a raving lunatic because this wasn't done yesterday.

Looks like we'll be taking a run at helping Ludwig out the door come next election.

but he did vote for it, didn't he?

PS - i don't know the guy from Adam, so I have no interest in defending him, i'm just sayin'

but he did vote for it, didn't he?

PS - i don't know the guy from Adam, so I have no interest in defending him, i'm just sayin'

He did yes, but dollars to donuts he'd have gone the other way if that is the way he felt the wind blowing.

We need more Bosleys.

Close to $10 million “in actual gifts and concrete pledges” has been raised thus far, George said. “And in the last two months, we’ve canvassed all areas of the country, from our own backyard to each coast and have ‘asks’ out there in the neighborhood of $40 million more.”

WhoTF is this Ludwig guy? I guess we should never build by this logic

[tweet]408324717376839680[/tweet]

I don't even know where to begin with this lack of logic, by a Philosophy Major no less.

It would be my understanding that a 15 year plan would help make sure that we are constantly building the program and facilities up. That means after we finish building facilities we will continue making updates that keep up up with the pack for less money. It's idiots like him that have left us so far behind that it currently requires so much money just to help us catch up.

It also says he is a successful entrepreneur. Hmmmm, I'm pretty sure the average entrepreneur sees a challenge and takes it rather than raising a white flag.

This ****er is probably a part of the reason they nixed the idea of bringing Ted Turner's buffalo to Boulder, too.

Last edited:
Close to $10 million “in actual gifts and concrete pledges” has been raised thus far, George said. “And in the last two months, we’ve canvassed all areas of the country, from our own backyard to each coast and have ‘asks’ out there in the neighborhood of $40 million more.”
asks? Huh?

He is the voice of many out there that think a University should not spend money on an athletic program. The lie that has been told over and over and over. The AD money and the University money are two separate pots. They exist as two separate entities under one umbrella. It is in their best interests to work together but they do not have to.

Crazy freaking logic from many at the University. Stanford, USC, Notre Dame, Northwestern, Michigan, Duke, etc. beg to differ. Seeing as how they are well ahead of CU in academic reputation, I think their opinion carries a little more weight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Question is did Bohn's $170M plan get a 9-0 vote?

No because they did not ask for approval to move ahead they simply delivered the plan after taking a year to put it together. It was always a confusing situation. It was like "here is a plan, now tell us what to do"

asks? Huh?

It's a stupid fundraising term.

My wife is in fundraising and she tells me she is getting ready to do an "ask" when she targets a high dollar donor and sets up a meeting to beg for money. Usually only done when they feel the outcome of a donation is high to very high.

hmmm, we could go in a few different directions here.
explain or GTFO!

It's a stupid fundraising term.

My wife is in fundraising and she tells me she is getting ready to do an "ask" when she targets a high dollar donor and sets up a meeting to beg for money. Usually only done when they feel the outcome of a donation is high to very high.

well, sounds like Mr. George has got a busy year of whoring ahead of him. Best of luck to him.

Back