What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Facilities - Public Phase Begins and New Details emerge

Now Mike, Phil and Bruce need to start to sell the vision for the AD and showing the path that will be taken to get there. Such a great day now build on it continuously and keep people engaged and excited.

This is their moment where they all make their legacy. Just about everything is forgiven if this is done right.

Exactly. Time to sell a bright future at CU...

Agree and Bohn has a chance to prove that he can lead an AD now but he needs to take it to a whole new level. He needs to demonstrate he now can be a visionary and not just a tactician that can manage a budget. How this is handled will determine what type of Athletics program we will have moving into the next several decades.

:lol:

Good, good - let the kool aid flow through you, said the emperor to Luke
The Kool-aid flows strong through the young one, said Yoda to Obi-Wan

Black cherry - has to be black cherry. Black Cherry Kool-Aid is the best Kool-Aid flavor EVAR!

:lol:

Good, good - let the kool aid flow through you, said the emperor to Luke
The Kool-aid flows strong through the young one, said Yoda to Obi-Wan

Black cherry - has to be black cherry. Black Cherry Kool-Aid is the best Kool-Aid flavor EVAR!

I don't want to speak for Brad and Duff, but for me this isn't Kool-Aid in the least. It's throwing down a challenge. I'll support the effort if the challenge is picked up and I see real leadership. On the other side, if I don't see leadership I'll support the effort to fire the lot of them - starting with Bohn.

I don't want to speak for Brad and Duff, but for me this isn't Kool-Aid in the least. It's throwing down a challenge. I'll support the effort if the challenge is picked up and I see real leadership. On the other side, if I don't see leadership I'll support the effort to fire the lot of them - starting with Bohn.

+1

It is show time for Bohn. He either steps up or needs to go. You do not get many chances like the one before him. Can he do it, I do not know and have my doubts.

I applaud your tone and don't get me wrong, I'm really happy that we are no longer having an announcement of the announcement of the announcement...

But for me, afer watching the continual f uck-ups of the Crystal Palace Trio for the last 7 years with anything related to football, color me skeptical on anything getting done. BUT - on the positive with the announcement they at least now found the balls to put their dick on the table ready for it to get spanked if they Bohn this up.

Those three can't possibly be so naive as to make this announcement without having a substantial commitment(s) already in hand. I'm sure that they have the first phase or two covered with contingency plan to finance future pac12 revenue in order to get phases 3and 4 done. Of course they have f'ed up most everything they touch to this point....

That Denver Post picture of Solich entertaining Bitch Davis at Folsom resonates.

I swear, the mindset of so much of the CU community is like they think it's the University of Chicago. People need to understand that it is not that, was never that, and can never be that.

Not until CU goes private like all of the schools at the very top of the educational ladder, and gets the endowments to match...

It's baby steps and it is a start. I am glad the announcement has been made. WaHoo!

I'm still not clear on where Solich fits in here. According to Ringo (consider the source) they won't begin until $50 million is raised. I thought Solich was springing for a big chunk.

I'm still not clear on where Solich fits in here. According to Ringo (consider the source) they won't begin until $50 million is raised. I thought Solich was springing for a big chunk.

They also said that $25 million of that has already been raised. I'd guess that he gave a good chunk of that portion. We need the people who said they wouldn't contribute until there was a plan to start stepping up.

They also said that $25 million of that has already been raised. I'd guess that he gave a good chunk of that portion. We need the people who said they wouldn't contribute until there was a plan to start stepping up.
On this point, the only person saying any money has been pledged is Reed Marks - he also said it had come from "multiple families" - he had no knowledge of whether Solich was in that group, but logically he has to be, right?

On this point, the only person saying any money has been pledged is Reed Marks - he also said it had come from "multiple families" - he had no knowledge of whether Solich was in that group, but logically he has to be, right?
Unless Solich agreed to a matching pledge.

doesn't follow though - if it was a matching pledge, we would already be at 50 million - unless we've only raised 12.5 million sans Solich.

Wait, now it does make sense.

There is also a chance Ringo doesnt know wtf he's talking about.

Time table? All smoke until a shovel hits the dirt. You can't tell recruits "it's gonna be", when others can walk them through the real thing.

Marci Benson made Bruce buy a $5,000 balloon, so that $50M must be a rounding error.

The real number is <=$49,995,000

Without a fundraiser thermometer, how will we really ever know?

I guess no money has been raised since Phil told Buffalo Brad that we needed $50M back in November.

I suspect we'll still need $50M at the spring game and into fall camp.

Back