What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Facilities Upgrades!

The biggest problem with the Gold Lot is that it's not available for every game. Late season games always seem to have a snow issue to contend with and those folks end up down by the Engineering Center. Sucks, because then the folks who usually park there have to find somewhere else to go, or it just gets really, really crowded.

The additional 500 spaces will be nice, though. Not for tailgating so much, but at least for the folks who usually park in the gold lot who get displaced 1-2 times a year.

Tell me about it. I love weather games but the downside is no Franklin tailgating. Engineering lot isnt that bad if you get there early.

Looks like you and 50,000 of your closest friends could tailgate in the that new practice facility. Thank you Larry Scott!!

Washington has their beer garden on their outdoor practice fields and they put this temporary floor down and it seems to work okay. I would just be worried about the turf getting damaged. But it would be easy to toss some tv's in that place and make a decent chuck of change every game. Now they just need to serve something decent. Hell Avery is in Boulder and Oskar Blues is right down the street.

Washington has their beer garden on their outdoor practice fields and they put this temporary floor down and it seems to work okay. I would just be worried about the turf getting damaged. But it would be easy to toss some tv's in that place and make a decent chuck of change every game. Now they just need to serve something decent. Hell Avery is in Boulder and Oskar Blues is right down the street.

Have you been on that turf? It is basically impossible to damage, indestructable. Just needs to be replaced every 5 years or so cause it gets nasty from all the dirt, puke, sweat, teeth, etc...

Washington has their beer garden on their outdoor practice fields and they put this temporary floor down and it seems to work okay. I would just be worried about the turf getting damaged. But it would be easy to toss some tv's in that place and make a decent chuck of change every game. Now they just need to serve something decent. Hell Avery is in Boulder and Lefthand is right down the street.

fify.

Franklin is rarely full to capacity on game days. Wont be a problem.

I understand your concern but I think it may be better than you think. Look at the model again and now look at this over head shot.

View attachment 8341

Franklin will be just fine.

IIRC, that part of franklin field is where the C Club sets up anyway - it's not used for parking. I'd venture to guess that the C Club and big money donors will have a special pregame area there that is incorporated into the new building.

IIRC, that part of franklin field is where the C Club sets up anyway - it's not used for parking. I'd venture to guess that the C Club and big money donors will have a special pregame area there that is incorporated into the new building.

:nod:

Honestly, if I were running the ticketing...which I'm not...I would take the opportunity to split the visitor's section. Right now, they are putting the visitors in 101 and 102. Essentially, you move them out of 102 and into the expansion, which by the looks of it would be a section 222. By doing that, you split the visitors across the entire spread of the north endzone and make it more difficult for them to cheer as a block. You also open up another section of seats at the $200 level for season ticket holders on the west side. Those visitors are here for one game every two years at best, so I don't really care what their experience is like.

Have you been on that turf? It is basically impossible to damage, indestructable. Just needs to be replaced every 5 years or so cause it gets nasty from all the dirt, puke, sweat, teeth, etc...
Everytime I've been on turf like that there has been a strict "no food or beverages except water" rule. Usually the concern is aoround keeping it clean (not letting food/beverages seep into the turf) rather than damage.

I'd rather have them in the practice facility. Setting up a beer garden, complete with big screen TV's, inside the practice facility is pure genius.
I work with an Oregon alum, and he tells me that this is pretty much exactly what they do in Eugene. Various alumni/student groups can reserve tables/sections etc inside as well - huge screens, and a big party before, after and apparently during the game (they *really* don't take their football seriously enough). If he hasn't been already, Bohn needs to be introduced to this idea when we play the ducks this year...

I work with an Oregon alum, and he tells me that this is pretty much exactly what they do in Eugene. Various alumni/student groups can reserve tables/sections etc inside as well - huge screens, and a big party before, after and apparently during the game (they *really* don't take their football seriously enough). If he hasn't been already, Bohn needs to be introduced to this idea when we play the ducks this year...

Yep lots of food and activities inside prior to the game and it normally opens up 2-3 hours prior to the gates opening up. It is also nice because that is where you can see our cheerleaders doing their cheering stuff with the band. When the buses first bring the players to the stadium they go through there so it gives the fans some extra time to interact with the players before they get into gameday mode which is nice!

Nice. So it does look like it cuts into Franklin Field a little bit. And I think it's safe to say the IPF wouldn't fit in Balch's location

Not trying to be dumb, but I'm looking at that model and I'm having a hard time seeing exactly what the upgrades to Folsom are going to be? I don't live in CO so that could be part of the issue, but let me know.

Also, I know the video board was approved. Are we going to get a new one on each end of the field?

You can't see it from that angle, but the Northeast end wraps more towards Dal Ward

Not trying to be dumb, but I'm looking at that model and I'm having a hard time seeing exactly what the upgrades to Folsom are going to be? I don't live in CO so that could be part of the issue, but let me know.

Also, I know the video board was approved. Are we going to get a new one on each end of the field?
The upgrades to Folsom would involve extending the upper deck on the east side (Club Level side) to wrap around the northeast corner, as well as reconfigure the lower deck in the northeast corner so that the seats are facing the field, not the side of Dal Ward. Both video boards will be replaced.

The upgrades to Folsom would involve extending the upper deck on the east side (Club Level side) to wrap around the northeast corner, as well as reconfigure the lower deck in the northeast corner so that the seats are facing the field, not the side of Dal Ward. Both video boards will be replaced.

Very good news

you shut your filthy whore mouths about no more tailgating in the gold lot! my family has been tailgating there for about 40 years now. you sumabitchs get that taken away and i keel ya!

The biggest problem with the Gold Lot is that it's not available for every game. Late season games always seem to have a snow issue to contend with and those folks end up down by the Engineering Center. Sucks, because then the folks who usually park there have to find somewhere else to go, or it just gets really, really crowded.

The additional 500 spaces will be nice, though. Not for tailgating so much, but at least for the folks who usually park in the gold lot who get displaced 1-2 times a year.

If the mock-up comes anywhere close to fruition, I can see any available tailgating spots next to Farred Field becoming increasingly popular with those who may end up losing their spots at the gold lot.

OK, one more time. The intent of the model is to shoe the impact of the indoor practice facility. Nothing more.

OK, one more time. The intent of the model is to shoe the impact of the indoor practice facility. Nothing more.

UO's new arena cost about $225 million...that new indoor practice facility almost looks as big as a basketball arena. I saw somewhere that the indoor facility won't cost as much as your normal indoor practice facility. I think I saw somewhere in the neighborhood of $75 million. That would be enough to build at least a few normal indoor practice facilities. Just some perspective...

UO's new arena cost about $225 million...that new indoor practice facility almost looks as big as a basketball arena. I saw somewhere that the indoor facility won't cost as much as your normal indoor practice facility. I think I saw somewhere in the neighborhood of $75 million. That would be enough to build at least a few normal indoor practice facilities. Just some perspective...
. The price tag I saw was 85 million which was from the capital projects list from the Flagship 2030 master plan. A LOT of dough no doubt but it's the perfect spot to put it in and we get a new weight room, meeting rooms and a 500 car parking garage and inddor track to boot. If it looks anything close to the model than it will be worth every penny. The one thing I'll say about CU is that even though they may take forever to do these things, once they do, they do it right and it always looks beautiful. Dal Ward, The west side suites and the practice facility all look amazing. We only get one shot at this and I'm happy that we appear to be putting in the big ticket items along with keeping with the campus architecture. One school that rushed to failure on these type of things is KU with their Bball practice facility. Instead of putting in 2 full size courts they have 1 and a half of another.

Last edited:
. The price tag I saw was 85 million which was from the capital projects list from the Flagship 2030 master plan. A LOT of dough no doubt but it's the perfect spot to put it in and we get a new weight room, meeting rooms and a 500 car parking garage to boot. If it looks anything close to the model than it will be worth every penny. The one thing I'll say about CU is that even though they may take forever to do these things, once they do, they do it right and it always looks beautiful. Dal Ward, The west side suites and the practice facility all look amazing.

Yes that was what I was talking about...$85 million is correct. We have to do things right where in dumps such as Manhattan, such facilities actually reduces urban decay there...just like a shiny brand new truck stop.

Very excited about this, thanks for the pics. They need to demolish any stands on the North side of the (North) end zone and wrap those around towards Dal Ward. Those seats are ****ing terrible.

Don't know, but I'd think an indoor practice facility would have a pretty low per square foot cost. I mean, wouldn't it be a large space encompassed by walls? It can't cost that much per square foot.

Don't know, but I'd think an indoor practice facility would have a pretty low per square foot cost. I mean, wouldn't it be a large space encompassed by walls? It can't cost that much per square foot.

Remember what they have to do on to bring that entire building up to the same level as the top of the stadium. That's a lot of material. Plus, there will be other stuff in that building besides the practice field.

Back