What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Fall Pre-Camp Depth Chart (July 6)

For comparison, here was the post-spring depth chart: http://www.allbuffs.com/threads/post-spring-depth-chart-may-12.116738/

Other than removing Patrick Carr, there's really no change.

Big thing I'm looking for when they officially report to camp is the numbers that get updated when they measure at in. For OL depth, in particular, some guys need to gain some weight in order to compete at those OT spots. And for our NT and DE depth, I want to see if Franke, Mathewes and Coleman have packed on some pounds.

And, of course, we're all curious about the new guys: Winfree, Lewis and Trego need to be ready to play right away as JUCO transfers and we need a couple freshman DBs to contribute.

Think there are plenty of things still to be determined on offense, expect it to take a few games to settle out. Irwin back and healthy should solidify the OL.

On defense, need to stay healthy at ILB and S, otherwise things start to get dicey.

"Two fourth year juniors have declared this their senior season"

Anyone know who these 2 are?

I don't. Here is the list of juniors who have redshirted:

Michael Adkins
Phillip Lindsay
Bryce Bobo
Devin Ross
George Frazier
Jonathan Huckins
Jeromy Irwin
Gerrad Kough
Sam Kronshage
Colin Sutton
Leo Jackson
Timothy Coleman
Derek McCartney
Addison Gillam
Ryan Moeller
Afolabi Laguda
Chris Graham

Sutton seems to be a likely candidate. Could also see Graham being a good possibility.

Out of all the Juniors he is probably the least possible, unless he has another major injury or goes pro, which he/staff won't know at this time.
you would think so but there was some info on the rivals board over the offseason that seems to point to this being it for him, one way or another. Obviously that can change when he actually has to move on but still one to watch.

you would think so but there was some info on the rivals board over the offseason that seems to point to this being it for him, one way or another. Obviously that can change when he actually has to move on but still one to watch.
Hmmmm. Guess I missed that thread. Let's hope not.

Technically, Irwin is a 5th year junior. Only way he has a 6th year is if he applies for a medical hardship waiver, which I'd expect he would be granted. (He's the textbook case to the point where they even list him as a junior on the official roster.)

But he has been here 4 years already and his brother is graduating.

That first string OL looks like it could be decent. The two deep isn't terrifying, but there is a pretty clear drop off at most positions based on performance last season.

Another change, Shay Fields now wearing #1, instead of #5.

I am very interested in seeing where the incoming class slots into this. I think you see some shake up at WR and maybe RB. Really need Lewis and probably Maka to get into the rotation at LB to be successful there.

a little worried.
our entire starting D is sr with a smattering of jr and one soph.
should be solid this season, but what about next?

a little worried.

Get through this season first. Then worry.

There is a reason they are looking into some JUCO DT's right now.

a little worried.

Likewise. 2017 will be a senior-laden offense in search of a QB to make it go, but a ton of "next man up" situations in the 2-deep on defense. It's going to be so important that some of the young guys, including freshmen, show a lot this year. And it's going to be huge to get some JUCOs along with some true frosh who can earn spots in the 2017 2-deep.

McCartney has already graduated. He will probably move on. But he could have another year if he wanted.

The other one Graham.

Just an FYI but this is the third depth chart HCMM has released and is not exactly accurate.Not sure what type of performance evaluations he has conducted to make changes. It seems very amateur to continue to release useless depth charts. Big P5 schools don't do this. tOSU has not adjusted or released a depth chart since last season. You need CONTACT to make a real depth charts. This is a P5 school and HCMM needs to conduct business like that and not a HS program or Disney movie plot.
What I have learned from HCMM over the years is that what he says is more wishful thinking than actual fact.

Nothing against Irwin but he hasn't played a lick of football for a year and he has only played 1 yr of college football. If he wants to go pro he would have to walk on water this year and erase all of his medical records.

College coaches are fully aware of the odds for going pro and it was foolish of HCMM to promote Irwin as an NFL pro tackle at this point. We haven't seen much of him being a D1 college tackle yet.

I think HCMM needs to pump the brakes a bit on these depth charts and let football start. Please

McCartney has already graduated. He will probably move on. But he could have another year if he wanted.

The other one Graham.
Isn't he going for his Masters? Is that going to be finished this academic year? He's a starter and I would assume he would be back for another year, if he has the opportunity.

giphy.gif

DOWN WITH DEPTH CHARTS AND HIGH EXPECTATIONS!

Just an FYI but this is the third depth chart HCMM has released and is not exactly accurate.Not sure what type of performance evaluations he has conducted to make changes. It seems very amateur to continue to release useless depth charts. Big P5 schools don't do this. tOSU has not adjusted or released a depth chart since last season. You need CONTACT to make a real depth charts. This is a P5 school and HCMM needs to conduct business like that and not a HS program or Disney movie plot.
What I have learned from HCMM over the years is that what he says is more wishful thinking than actual fact.

Nothing against Irwin but he hasn't played a lick of football for a year and he has only played 1 yr of college football. If he wants to go pro he would have to walk on water this year and erase all of his medical records.

College coaches are fully aware of the odds for going pro and it was foolish of HCMM to promote Irwin as an NFL pro tackle at this point. We haven't seen much of him being a D1 college tackle yet.

I think HCMM needs to pump the brakes a bit on these depth charts and let football start. Please
Wow

Maybe the dumbest complaint I've ever read. Even BigJim probably rolled his eyes at that.

Back