What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

"Fan Appreciation Month" at CU (aka, We don't want Folsom empty on nat'l tv for Utah)

Has this ever happened to a top 25 time all time school? I don't think USC hit lows this bad in the 90-00's. Or ND in the past 10 years. Heck Kentucky is a bottom feeder SEC team and still averages 40k a game(granted stadium holds 70k+) and I doubt they give away tix.

A new low every week...

Don't worry, it won't be much longer before we're out of the Top 25 all time

Personally, I am holding out for free tickets, some cash to spend on concessions, and at home delivery of said tickets by MB. I figure that will come by the Arizona game next year. All you takers of free tickets are suckers....

Mike Bohn=

nero-jpg-749636.jpg

Re: "Fan Appreciation Month

Even if I knew four crazies who want to go, there is no way I'll be able to get anyone to reimburse me the per ticket fee or the processing charge for the free tickets.

Goes without saying, but wow...

I hope nobody takes them up on the offer and that a lot of those with tickets don't show. Time for further public embarrassment to hopefully force the hand of the administration to make the right move.

Has anyone forwarded this on to Henderson or Jizla? I'm sure they'd have a field day with it..

I just saw a great idea on the Rivals board.

We should give our free tickets to the homeless / beggars in Boulder. Most of them are drunk and rowdy. Some are even crazy. Should make for a great home crowd and would be a great way to support the team while also doing something nice at Xmas time.

:lol:

And tell them that once inside, there will be free food & beer for all!!

:pissed2:

where the **** is the head blowing up in flames emote we asked for last week. perfect time for its use..

It's even funnier when you consider how much time and effort was likely spent on making the message sound less desperate.

"Act fast. Only 48,000 seats left."

:lol: Well, if we're giving away tickets I find it hard to believe Embo and company will be back in 2013. The AD obviously knows fans can't stand the product on the field, and this will continue in 2013 unless a change is made. Who's going to get excited for Central Arkansas and Fresno State next year when the team will suck again with the same terrible staff?

:lol: Well, if we're giving away tickets I find it hard to believe Embo and company will be back in 2013. The AD obviously knows fans can't stand the product on the field, and this will continue in 2013 unless a change is made. Who's going to get excited for Central Arkansas and Fresno State next year when the team will suck again with the same terrible staff?

If I was going to go to 1 game next season, it would be Central Arkansas. If a few bounces go our way, we could win that one.

I knew this was coming. You combine all of the students being on fall break, no rivalry game, no Nebraska fans to buy up every ticket in sight, and a complete garbage team on the field and probably a relatively cold November day and you equal empty stadium. Unbelievable. Please fire Embree and bring in a staff that the fanbase can get behind.

I don't know, the AD, Dr. Phil and BB seem to think they keep polishing a turd. I don't put anything past them. While this is the most pathetic thing I have heard from the AD (and brother, that is saying a lot), I would not at all be surprised to see them trying to sell Buff fans on keeping Embo for a third year.

For 2013, "Fan Appreciation Year." Complete with free season tickets and double priority points, assuming Embree is retained

I don't know, the AD, Dr. Phil and BB seem to think they keep polishing a turd. I don't put anything past them. While this is the most pathetic thing I have heard from the AD (and brother, that is saying a lot), I would not at all be surprised to see them trying to sell Buff fans on keeping Embo for a third year.

I can see the conversation between Bohn and Phil and BB:

BB: How are ticket sales holding up?
MB: Not good.
PD: Like 10% less sales ot good?
MB: No like we can't even get people to come to the game when we give them free tickets not good.
BB: Oh. Well maybe we can evaluate Embree next year or the year after, since it could be a little concerning at some point.

Re: "Fan Appreciation Month"

For 2013, "Fan Appreciation Year." Complete with free season tickets and double priority points, assuming Embree is retained

No ****. I'm surprised that they haven't called with surveys like they did prior to Hawkins being fired, when they asked about opinions of different coaching candidates and season ticket renewals, etc.

Unfortunately, this is probably more evidence that all plans point to bringing Embree back at this time.

If I was going to go to 1 game next season, it would be Central Arkansas. If a few bounces go our way, we could win that one.

Buffnik has gone from absent, to fully engaged. He's gone full "Joel Klatt" on us, seemingly obsessed with getting Embree out of here. Very fun to watch, and I'm supportive.

As far as the ticket give-away, it strikes me as somewhat sad, but at least we know the AD is in touch with the fact that fan turnout will be very low. I'll give them points for being in touch with that reality.

I have 2 season tickets and I've barely watched all year. My daughter got married on the day of the CSU game (to a Ram). That was hard to take. My GodDaughter got married in Cali on the day of the Sac State game, so I missed that. I was in Hawaii on vacation during the Fresno State game. I watched only a little of each of those games on DVR. I lost interest after that. Nobody wants to go with me. Least of all relatives from out of state with no connection to the program.

My younger daughter applied to CU and CU only. But not she is thinking she should be looking at other schools....

BOYCOTT this offer. It won't hurt the AD financially but sends a strong message. We cannot even give away tickets!

Has Klatt been outspoken against Embree? I've completely missed that.

He is such a condescending douche on the radio that I can't listen to him.

No ****. I'm surprised that they haven't called with surveys like they did prior to Hawkins being fired, when they asked about opinions of different coaching candidates and season ticket renewals, etc.

Unfortunately, this is probably more evidence that all plans point to bringing Embree back at this time.

I get the opposite feeling. How can they keep a coach whose team is so bad that you can't even GIVE tickets away? What will season ticket numbers look like next season? It could be the first year where CSU outdraws us to the Rocky Mountain Showdown.

If they think that some changes to assistants are going to placate the fans, then they are dumber that I thought initially..... which isn't saying much

Has Klatt been outspoken against Embree? I've completely missed that.

He is such a condescending douche on the radio that I can't listen to him.

Coming out against Embree would require Klatt to admit he was wrong. That has about as much chance of happening as the Utah game being a sell out.

Joel Klatt is too concerned with trying to sound insightful on Broncos issues (hint: he's not) to be worried about CU.

Back