What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

"Fan Appreciation Month" at CU (aka, We don't want Folsom empty on nat'l tv for Utah)

Don't worry, it won't be much longer before we're out of the Top 25 all time

With Washington, Florida, and Clemson right behind us in all-time wins, we should just about be out of the top 25 all-time by the end of next season.

The records of mediocre teams -- those that, on average, won about 50 percent of their games in the year prior to replacing a coach -- became worse.

Cool fact bro, but that's not us.

Let's compare apples to apples. How many first year head coaches who have first time coordinators for both offense and defense got replaced after winning 4 games in 2 years? Of those coaches, how did the new coaches do? Get back to me with that, and I'll be more impressed.

BTW: Why are we asking CU professors and Loyola professors? Couldn't get Stanford or Texas professors to help us with this study?

The psych warfare continues, in today's CU-Boulder Today:

Now on the New York Times.

scan.jpg

About 3/4 of the way down.

They may be correct in some fashion, but I'm still glad we made the move.

I think the point of the article is that lots of schools pay big money to fire coaches, and historically there is a lot of chance on any new hire, so the results of doing this are certainly not proven to always work. Big surprise.

It fails to consider both sides of the argument. Sometimes you need to fire a coach, for example, if he has proven beyond a shadow of doubt that is not fit for the job.

I think the point of the article is that lots of schools pay big money to fire coaches, and historically there is a lot of chance on any new hire, so the results of doing this are certainly not proven to always work. Big surprise.

It uses a lot of words like, "tends to" and "may". Each situation is unique. Also, they suggested if you just keep the same coach, you can expect similar results. No thank you.

It fails to consider both sides of the argument. Sometimes you need to fire a coach, for example, if he has proven beyond a shadow of doubt that is not fit for the job.

While it went out of the way to support the premise with examples, it didn't bother to note the exceptions, which abound just this year.

Back