What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

FAO Season Ticket Holders

Are you going to renew?

• Yes

Votes: 46 51.1%
  • No

Votes: 44 48.9%

• Total voters
I haven't voted in the poll because I honestly don't know what I'm going to do. I've wavered back and forth on whether I'd renew all 4 of my tickets, renew with only 2 tickets, upgrade, downgrade, or drop entirely. This is still too much of an emotional decision to make right now. I'll think some more and wait a month or two and then make a final decision.

this is kind of where i am at too.

my family and a group of family friends have had tickets since the mid-60s. i am part of the second generation of ownership, and there is a lot of tradition and history that i would hate to let go...

...but...

i have four seats and my dad and i generally take two of them, leaving me with two for friends, family, co-workers. i am on the fence about whether or not i will let go of two seats. it can be a pain in the ass to try to sell them or find people to go when the product on the field is marginal at best.

i need to work it out in my head and heart before making a decision. it is too early right now...

I will probably renew because attending Buff games has been a family event for my family since 1987. However, we will probably be scaling back the number of tickets because some other family members are losing interest quickly because of Hawkins sub-par product. These are sad times for a once proud university!

Yes...because I will support the team & university no matter what....but I will not be donating anything above the ticket price this year...i agree that this dumbs*** administration needs to feel some sort of hurt in the wallet in order to wake up & smell the coffee

I'll be renewing, actually I should say I'll be taking over the bill for my Dad who only makes a few games a year anyway. Me and one of his friends are gonna get two tix each. We just get the cheap seats and sit behind the band in general admission.

Like everyone else I'm not very happy with the situation up there. Having said that tailgating before and after CU games has been tradition since '89 for me and the people I hang with on gameday.

I'm voting for my mother who does not have an AllBuffs account (what is she thinking?).

We spoke this morning and she still plans to renew, but no more donations. You see, as silly as it sounds, CU football is a part of our family. I don't recall exactly when our family bought its first season tickets, but it was during the Bill Mallory days. It is very hard to just quit on the team regardless how poorly the team is led.

Others seated around her have varied reactions... some will renew, others won't and still others in classic SheepHawk style say "we'll see."

As of right now, I am likely not renewing. As Liver and others have said, it is very clear to me that the administration does not care about winning. So why should i pay premium prices to see a team that only has to be 'competitive' in order to be viewed as a success by the administration?

Thanks, but no thanks. I'll be keeping the tailgate spot and buying tickets on a game by game basis. No more taking a bath when someone can't make a game and I have to sell a $50 ticket for $20. I'd rather be the $20 buyer.

As of right now, I am likely not renewing. As Liver and others have said, it is very clear to me that the administration does not care about winning. So why should i pay premium prices to see a team that only has to be 'competitive' in order to be viewed as a success by the administration?

Thanks, but no thanks. I'll be keeping the tailgate spot and buying tickets on a game by game basis. No more taking a bath when someone can't make a game and I have to sell a $50 ticket for $20. I'd rather be the $20 buyer.
How long have you been a ST holder?

I won't be renewing, but like many others I will buy single game tickets.

It is also a financial decision for me. I would gladly spend the money if the school could show me a commitment toward winning. I otherwise cannot justify the expense given our new business.

I will buy season tickets in the future once they can show me the commitment.

If the reality of season ticket renewals as a whole is even CLOSE to the results of this pool, CU AD is going to be in big trouble

Can you keep your tailgate spot without buying STs? Thought the parking passes were tied to the tickets, so just asking out of interest.

Can you keep your tailgate spot without buying STs? Thought the parking passes were tied to the tickets, so just asking out of interest.

rino is on a private lot close to the stadium...he is unrestricted by the campus rules for tailgate spots

If the reality of season ticket renewals as a whole is even CLOSE to the results of this pool, CU AD is going to be in big trouble

Knowing what a sports fan thinks like, I´d expect a third of those who are saying "no" right now to change their mind when they´re actually under the gun, but even if that happens, you´re looking at roughly 33% not renewing.

Knowing what a sports fan thinks like, I´d expect a third of those who are saying "no" right now to change their mind when they´re actually under the gun, but even if that happens, you´re looking at roughly 33% not renewing.

Which is still a huge drop

I imagine the suites are going to take the biggest hit. Who wants to pony up 10K for a suite when you basically already know that the product is going to be marginal?

I imagine the suites are going to take the biggest hit. Who wants to pony up 10K for a suite when you basically already know that the product is going to be marginal?
You think there will be improvement next year?

Which is still a huge drop
Everyone is expecting a significant drop. I just don't know how much you can take from a internet poll.

I wonder the percentage of our fan base that actually participate on online message boards. I don't think the number would be that high.

Last edited:
Everyone is expecting a significant drop. I just don't know how much you can take from a internet poll.

I wonder the percentage of our fan base that actually participate on online message boards. I don't think the number would be that high.

Probably true, but even a 10% drop would be significant considering recent renewal rates (if I'm not mistaken).

Next year they might pay you to take the ticket off their hands. :rofl:

No.

I was unemployed for 5 months this year and our life savings is depleted.

We could scrape up the money if CU was committed to winning and success, but IMHO that is clearly not the case.

We'll be back if and when CU decides to not only keep football but be proud of it once again.

Not to mention, I seriously dislike everyone in our immediate vicinity in our section for seating. They have let us know that it's never okay to jump up and cheer, it's never okay to yell for the 'Buffs, and it's never okay to do anything but sit all game and be quiet. I don't pay money to be mute at the games...

I will move to a better section if we renew in the future.

How many of those who have a suite are there because of the football game and how many of those have a suite because of the contacts, relationships and general bonding?

How many of those who have a suite are there because of the football game and how many of those have a suite because of the contacts, relationships and general bonding?

My guess is that most of them are for business purposes. Even if there are 3 that are dissatisfied and choose not to renew that's probably 50K lost in total revenue (donations, parking, etc...). Even so, it's hard to justify a business expense like that unless your customers are entertained.

They'd be best spending that 10K on blow and prostitutes, imo.

How long have you been a ST holder?

I have had tickets for 8 years or so. My dad is a 40+ year (consecutive) ST holder. If I drop, he will drop as well. It will be a joint decision. As of right now, he is on board with dropping.

We'll be back if and when CU decides to not only keep football but be proud of it once again.

I also want to mention that I agree 100% with this. As soon as CU shows me they are once again committed to winning, I will pick up tickets once again.

This is actually where I stand right now. I know I said earlier in the thread that I would go for single game tickets, but I might just renew. It all depends on whether Broncos season ticket prices go up. If they go up significantly (which I expect), not sure I can afford to fit the bill for half the money there and season tickets to the Buffs.

Back