What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Favorite Baller Shoe

Always BUFF

I post stupid ****
In 1976 I bought my first pair of basketball shoes other than ProKeds or Chuck Taylors.
Adidas hi top Superstars $22.00
77 I wore Nike hi tops
78 I wore Dr Js
79 I wore Nike hi tops
The shoe I wished I could've wore were DTs (David Thompsons)
I picked up some hi top Superstars recently ($88.00)...45 yrs later my feet haven't forgot how sore they were.
The year and your shoe of preference.

Jordan 4s da best.

shoes GIF

Vans then.
Vans now.
Yeah, I wanted Vans shoes in 1982, but as a kid that was changing shoe sizes almost monthly and with a very frugal mom who was the product of two Great Depression surviving parents that was a no-go when Zayers had “perfectly good” shoes for a lot less.

Fast Forward to college, and future All-American center and all around good guy Jay Leeuwenberg’s dad was a VP for Vans. He’d send giant boxes of shoes. One year I was the only size 16 on the team so I scored about 12 pairs.

These days I buy my own Vans. I like to walk into the Vans store and say bring me all the size 16s you have. If I’m lucky it’s 1 or 2 pairs of shoes. The best ones I got were these:
1626519178906.jpeg

In 1976 I bought my first pair of basketball shoes other than ProKeds or Chuck Taylors.
Adidas hi top Superstars $22.00
77 I wore Nike hi tops
78 I wore Dr Js
79 I wore Nike hi tops
The shoe I wished I could've wore were DTs (David Thompsons)
I picked up some hi top Superstars recently ($88.00)...45 yrs later my feet haven't forgot how sore they were.
The year and your shoe of preference.
I was a huge DT fan back then and always wanted his shoes as a kid. In hindsight, pretty horrible looking shoe.

1626525414956.jpeg

The iguana skin Air Jordan 2 is the GOAT.
View attachment 45550
Those were great. For me, as a kid it was the IV. They weren’t the best Air Jordan’s but to this day I can still remember which kids in my school rocked these. Nothing separated the haves from the have nots in 4th grade like the Air Jordan IV and the iconic support triangle that connected the heel to the laces.
8E96C434-297F-4E69-BA65-B138EA66D736.jpeg

And it’s what Jordan wore in one of his more famous photos.
ED85338A-97F2-497E-B8D3-5BC2536F9D9E.jpeg

My parents splurged once, bought me Reebok pumps in 5th grade and those ****ers got jacked at the Scott Carpenter pool two weeks later...never got my baller permit back after that and now 30 years later I still won't buy shoes unless they're stacked up at Costco.

1626706640004.png
I got my son a pair of some that looked like these once he was ready for shoes. Still have them somewhere. As far as me, I've had so many pairs of them, idk which one to put up.

Actually played in a pair of the Converse Magic Johnson All-Stars for middle school basketball.
The Larry Bird black and whites were the other model.

I once wore the Addias KB8 shoes in college and those were one of the most comfortable basketball shoes I have wore.

For the 1989 Orange Bowl everyone got the Nike Bo Jackson cross trainers- the hot shoe of the time. Except for the three of us that wore size 16, we got giant yellow and white Nike Air high tops.
View attachment 45589
mine were like these but yellow instead of red
View attachment 45590
Imagine what those tiny hands thought while assembling those giant shoes. (Child labor to be clear, not President Trump.)

Back