What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Favorite CU moments vs. Big 12 schools

Unleash Hell

What are your favorite moments of CU against each Big 12 school?

Oklahoma: Oh man I think this is the toughest for me, there are so many. Winning in Norman in '89 with the famous pitch, Watching Salaam rush for 4 TD's in a 45-7 rout, the asterisk game with Hessler shredding the Sooners and smellyburgers comments, and 2007 upset.

Texas: Hands down beating them for the Big 12 championship in 2001.

Texas A&M: Beating them in 1995 when Aggy was a top 5 program. Russels stop of McElroy was priceless.

Oklahoma St: Bill McCartneys gutsy call of a fake field goal pass to Christian Fuaria to win instead of tie in '91.

Texas Tech: beating them in 2006 for Hawks first win. Tech fans reactions around me was priceless.

Baylor: Beating them in '92 after they beat us the previous season.

Nebraska: Winning in Lincoln in 1990 in the rain and 62-36. 65-51 was also sweet.

Kansas St: 2002 shootout

Kansas: 1991 close win in the blizzard. Vance Joseph led us to victory.

Missouri: 5th down and 2005 blowout and watching the clown coaches dance on the sideline.

Iowa st: 1994 Salaam going over 2,000

2002 game vs Kansas State is vastly underrated.. Happen to think its one of the Top 10 games CU has played in terms of excitement..

Its hard to think of a moment vs Kansas, missouri, baylor and Iowa state though..

I agree with the rest of what you put down..

strickland's 4th down stick on sproles...

<delete>vickers powering it over csu into the endzone...</delete>

Last edited:
UT: 2001 Big 12 Championship Game.

A&M: The 2001 game in Boulder. A&M was driving late in the 4th. Touchdown to take the lead. QB fumbles near mid-field, CU player(can't remember who) recovers and scores a touchdown.

TT: Winning in Lubbock for the first time in '07. Wheatley upped his NFL stock huuuge in that game against Crabtree.

Baylor: Probably after the overtime loss in '07. The story of Hawkins staying at Dal Ward all night because,'I gotta fix this thing.' The wife didn't appreciate this too much apparently and had CU staffers install video equipment at the Hawkins house so it wouldn't happen again. Got a good laugh outta that. Baylor moments are usually forgettable even when we beat them. :smile2:

OSU: The '01 game when CU converted a 2 point conversion from like 30 or 40 yards away. Probably should have lost that game the way they played, but managed to pull it out at the end.

OU: The upset in '07. After 20 years of going to games only a couple of memories at Folsom can top that game. After the so-called scandal, then 30-3, then 70-3, then Barnett getting fired, then 2-10, then.. then... So much crap surrounding the program for what seemed like forever. Seriously, from the '02 Alamo Bowl until that day the program was in a huge rut. That upset really made it feel good to be a CU fan again. There was just a huge release of frustration after Eberhart made that field goal.

ISU: Like Baylor even wins are pretty forgettable. The '00 game in Boulder comes to mind. Even though we lost, those of us that toughed it out through the snowstorm and cold had a great time. Consumed plenty of scotch and hot chocolate. :thumbsup:

Mizzou: The overtime win in '99. The tigers had won the two previous years, and while Mizzou wasn't as good that year it was good to beat them again.

KU: The '91 snow game. Coming back to win 24-10 with Vance Joseph playing QB.

KSU: The '02 game. Never seen so many big plays in one game. Had some KSU students standing a few rows in front of me. They wouldn't sit down despite everybody in the section yelling at them. Eventually got a bunch of water thrown on them by some CU students who had migrated over.

the fuskers: '89 and '01 are a tie for me. '89 was the first year my Dad and I had season tickets, and damn what a game and season. The Hagan to Flannigan pitch. In '01 being up 35-3 in the 2nd quarter and wondering if we were gonna see nuclear missles fly overhead cause this just had to be the end of world. :lol:

UT: 2001, with the 90 win at Austin a close second. great game.
OU: 2007 and the "Things have changed" game. 89? 76, my first CU game.
A&M: 95 or 96. top 5 Aggies and Leland McElroy fall in Boulder (my fave game of the Neu years).
ISU: I was at the cold 00 game. it was cold.
KU: One of the times we blew them out under mac
KSU: Klatt to Monteilth. winner winner.
Mizzou: 99 in OT.
OSU: Fauria 2 point conversion game.
Baylor: has to be better than this, but Adam Bledsoe makes his one big throw. the black helmets game?
Tech: 06, needed that one.
NU: 86 and 01

Last edited:
Back