What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Favorite Football Moment While You Were At CU.

During my time at CU:

1991: 19-19 Tie in Boulder vs. nubs.
1994: 55-17 asswhuppin of Wisconsin in Boulder
1994: Michigan. The Catch. Nuff said.
1994: 41-24 whuppin of Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl
But I gotta say that my FAVORITE game/moment during my time was:
1995: Beating #3 Texas A&M 29-21 in Boulder. Something about that game (the result, maybe?) was really awesome.
I agree, don't know if it was the best memory, but their fans were so smug about their scrawny RB who was running away with the Heisman up to that game. Our D completely killed that little ****er.

Ooops, After I graduated.

Last edited:
1. 5th down
2. miracle in michigan
3. block in the back on rockets return
4. miami brawl - that was fun

Last edited:
Leland McElroy
Yep. My brother in law is a big guy, 6'5" 280 - 290, and we were sitting in the ATM section. In the 4th qtr, after about 8 stadium beers, he jumps up and does the Heisman pose and yells "what's this?" The ATM fans all played along and yelled back "the Heisman." He yelled back to them "and it ain't no ****ing red neck!" I spit beer all over the poor bastard in front of me I was laughing so hard.

Live, as a student was Greg Biekert's blocked PAT return for two against nebraska in 91. Cold. Awesome.

As student, on TV:

--National Championship
--The Catch (grad school)

Freshman year against Nebraska ('01). I still have a piece of South end zone turf from that day. Kansas State game my sophomore year ('02) is probably second.

wow Cambell really looked small

Soup wasn't small, he was condensed!

I never could figure out how the other team didn't know a reverse was coming, everytime Jeff entered the game. It was a given! Yet they still couldn't stop it.

While @ CU (pretty slim pickens. For my first year - we won 1 game):
1. 1986 CU 20, NU 10 - Things Have Changed! Didn't hurt that my brother and his roommate, both students at NU, visited for the game.
2. 1988 CU 0, NU 7 - yeah it was a loss, but it was still the best football roadie we ever took. Good times!

After CU:
1 (tie). Winning National Championship, 62-36, Big 12 CCG Win, The Catch
2. 1994 win @ Texas - Rashaan was a BEAST that day and made watching the game in 100+ heat bearable

This was a fun and cold as **** game, too bad we couldn't pull off the W, but at least not a loss.
[video=youtube;es0oNP6Yu5w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es0oNP6Yu5w&feature=player_embedded[/video]

CSU game in '95. I was a freshman. It was our first home game after rolling a ranked Wisconsin team in Madison. We just smoked them. It was a night game and the place was absolutely electric. Folsom still sold beer and I had a good ID. I watched Ralphie storm the field. And then watched Cam's handlers have to drag him across the field. At that moment, I was so proud to be a Buff and so relieved that I was not a Ram. It was no contest. CSU was clearly our little brother. Boy, how things changed rather quickly.

CSU game in '95. I was a freshman. It was our first home game after rolling a ranked Wisconsin team in Madison. We just smoked them. It was a night game and the place was absolutely electric. Folsom still sold beer and I had a good ID. I watched Ralphie storm the field. And then watched Cam's handlers have to drag him across the field. At that moment, I was so proud to be a Buff and so relieved that I was not a Ram. It was no contest. CSU was clearly our little brother. Boy, how things changed rather quickly.

They still are. Only program Hawkins had a winning record over, and the only team we can beat now.

This was a fun and cold as **** game, too bad we couldn't pull off the W, but at least not a loss.
[video=youtube;es0oNP6Yu5w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es0oNP6Yu5w&feature=player_embedded[/video]

That was a totally awesome (and freezing) game.

Whatever happened to those shoulderpads!??!? They were friggin huge! Donnell Leomiti (#6 in the video, I think) used to wear those gigantic shoulder pads. Biekert did too.

This is another favorite of mine. It's not talked about as much, but it was kind of our last hurrah in our decade dominance of the Sooners. Bob Stoops 1st year.
[video=youtube;t5g8CnTM3vw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5g8CnTM3vw[/video]

My CU years were same as Sacky's (and Cree's) and the '89 season was my favorite. There is no way to pick one moment but my highlights include: the noise at the Illinois game, Hagan's moon pitch the JJ against OU, Joe Garten just bitchslapping some poor opposing DE, and all those pitches way down field on long TD runs.

I was fortunate to attend CU through 5 football seasons... 91-95.

The games in 1991 were kind of routine except the loss to Baylor in 1991 was depressing......

Memorable games in order:

1991 CU-NU in Boulder- coldest game I have ever been to and the video above with Biekert brings back great memories. I was sent 2 hours early to save seats in the front row GA on that high ledge.

1991 CU- KU snow storm during the game.

1992 Iowa and the return of Kent Kahl- we killed that guy from our seats... I am not even sure why.

1992 Oklahoma Tie with Berger's long Kick.

1993 Miami fight was the most surreal football scene I have ever witnessed.

1994 I went to Ann Arbor and is my favorite game ever attended. Getting out of the Univ Michigan Police station (arrested for trespassing on the field) about an hour after the game and there were still tailgaiting UM fans that did not know they lost until I told them.

1995 Leland McElroy getting 30 +/- yards opn our field... and sniffing some pepper spray after the game was quite amazing... did anyone join me at the Coors Events Center to greet Corso & Fowler at 6 am?

Out of school: Clearly the 2001 game.... coming to Boulder for Thanksgiving and getting that win was the second best football moment I have ever witnessed. The weather was perfect and the atmosphere was as intense as I have ever seen.

Last edited:
I was at this game.... look around the 8 minute mark.... lots of stuff being thrown on the field at the Sooner players by Buff fans in the south endzone....

I was hoping for 100 to be hung on the board this day.....

[video=youtube;15BsAqKKKNg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15BsAqKKKNg[/video]

I was at this game.... look around the 8 minute mark.... lots of stuff being thrown on the field at the Sooner players by Buff fans in the south endzone....

I was hoping for 100 to be hung on the board this day.....

[video=youtube;15BsAqKKKNg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15BsAqKKKNg[/video]

Our fans were just trying to give them more free stuff.

-- I'm a Guy On A Buffalo --

Homecoming my freshman year 1981. It was kind of cool, during half time they would parade the HC King and Queen "royalty" around the field in convertables

Randy Essington got hurt and had to leave the game. Steve Vogel ( who would be my boss 10 years later) came in with the score 10-3 and threw a touchdown pass with seconds left in the game.
Rather than play for the tie, Fairbanks decided to go for 2. Vogel threw a pass to Derrick Singleton... and it worked!!!! CU 11- Oklahoma State 10

I got good and drunk after the game and I'll bet ol' Chuck did the same.

I was lucky enough to go to the 2001 Big XII championship game. Shutting that Texas crowd up was the sweetest thing ever.

62 - 36 is a close second though. Best moment in Folsom, by far.

Homecoming my freshman year 1981. It was kind of cool, during half time they would parade the HC King and Queen "royalty" around the field in convertables

Randy Essington got hurt and had to leave the game. Steve Vogel ( who would be my boss 10 years later) came in with the score 10-3 and threw a touchdown pass with seconds left in the game.
Rather than play for the tie, Fairbanks decided to go for 2. Vogel threw a pass to Derrick Singleton... and it worked!!!! CU 11- Oklahoma State 10

I got good and drunk after the game and I'll bet ol' Chuck was tanked during the game.

1989 season was magic. Highlight for me was the NU game, #2 vs #3 in the country. For those there, you probably remember that was the induction of the All-Century team, to which I'm proud to say, my uncle was named. :thumbsup: Ergo, my screen name...

A lesser highlight for me was the CSU spanking that year. I think the ewes went up 14-0 quick, then we came back and steamrolled them. Drew Litton had a great cartoon the next day of Ralphie "sleep-trampling" Cam. ****ing hilarious!! Wish I could find a link to that cartoon.

Back