What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Favorite Road Wins I attended

Always BUFF

I post stupid ****
As noted I traveled to these and each had a meaning by it's season.
1) 1990 knu: I had 4 layers of clothes on and was soaked by 1/2. Seats were terrible and listening to the crowd around me was insufferable. I was cold, EB had fumbled 4 times and all I could think was "we're better than they are it's only a matter of time". Very gratifying walking out with a smile on my face in near silence.
2) 2002 knu: No way I was going to miss this one, the opportunity to rub the nubs nose in it again. It was close for a while then Calhoun took over, nothing more satisfying than cramming it down the throat of knu. I hated losing Calhoun...he'd a been a good one.
3) 1994 UT: The heat was brutal for a fan so I can only imagine how hot it was for the players. It was a game where I expected to win but it was on the road I figured a 50-50 chance for the W. Surrounded by horns what stands out to me to this day was the respect people around me had for Rashaan, one thing about horn fans they do appreciate talent. I don't think I've ever witnessed a better individual effort...he got stronger and stronger as the game went on...it was amazing.

this is a depressing one. I am 46 and attended 11 years of roadies - 1 per year. 2-9 (@KU, @A&M)

EDIT: forgot Slick Rick's vic at the Cotton Bowl

Last edited:
Haven’t exactly been spoiled by choice.

In chronological order:

Stanford 2016
Wazzou 2012
Texas Tech 2007
B12 Championship v Texas 2001
Texas A&M 2000
Oklahoma 1998
Nebraska 1990

Orange Bowl NC - we were signaling flag thrown to the Rocket as he celebrated facing the stands. He recognized what we were doing and slowly turned around to see the flag on the field and his shoulders slumped. Best live game moment of my life by far.

Big 12 Championship over UT. Lots of celebrating - before the game even started. I was so plowed I couldn’t read the scoreboard. They kept scoring then we kept scoring. I was confused, but celebrating.

Lincoln in 89 over the cornhuskers. My college roommates swear all of us taking off our shirts to goad the team in to the 4th quarter rally is the only reason we came back and won. I'm not that superstitious, and it was cold as a mother ****er.

Everything else skips a few rungs

UCLA in 2002 was pretty cool, but it was hot as a mother ****er. Buddy puked in the stands early in the 3rd quarter, but by then, we could sit wherever we wanted as the long slow slog in the heat caused people to bale.

WSU in Seattle was pretty fun even if it was kind of a throwaway game.

Last edited:
I haven't traveled to a P12 away game I don't have the same interests anymore to attend. LOL I notice no mentions of ISU, MO, KU, Kjuco or OSU.

Orange Bowl NC - we were signaling flag thrown to the Rocket as he celebrated facing the stands. He recognized what we were doing and slowly turned around to see the flag on the field and his shoulders slumped. Best live game moment of my life by far.

Big 12 Championship over UT. Lots of celebrating - before the game even started. I was so plowed I could read the scoreboard. They kept scoring then we kept scoring. I was confused, but celebrating.

Lincoln in 89 over the cornhuskers. My college roommates swear all of us taking off our shirts to goad the team in to the 4th quarter rally is the only reason we came back and won. I'm not that superstitious, and it was cold as a mother ****er.

Everything is skips a few rungs

UCLA in 2002 was pretty cool, but it was hot as a mother ****er. Buddy puked in the stands early in the 3rd quarter, but by then, we could sit wherever we wanted as the long slow slog in the heat caused people to bale.

WSU in Seattle was pretty fun even if it was kind of a throwaway game.
That’s a good list. I was also at UCLA in 2002.

I’ll add @A&M in 2000. 0-4 going in. Ochs starts as a freshman and played brilliantly. Fun day at Kyle Field.

@Texas in 1994 - coming on the heels of the big Miracle at Michigan win. Hot as hell and Rashaan was amazing. Always extra fun to win in Austin.

I'd say the Texas game was just a shade under the Michigan game, even though I was surrounded by Longhorn fans at that time, I still lived down there. It's about as close as you can get though, Rashaan went off in the Texas game, he had what like 317 rushing? The Michigan game was a historic moment, I guess 1 and 1a? You got the 27-12 Nebraska game in there too. Hard to pick. Sorry didn't read the attended part. I wasn't at the Michigan or Nebraska games.

Last edited:
I'd say the Texas game was just a shade under the Michigan game, even though I was surrounded by Longhorn fans at that time, I still lived down there. It's about as close as you can get though, Rashaan went off in the Texas game, he had what like 317 rushing? The Michigan game was a historic moment, I guess 1 and 1a? You got the 27-12 ****braska game in there too. Hard to pick. Sorry didn't read the attended part. I wasn't at the Michigan or ****braska games.
I went to that one too. JFC it was hot down on the field.

2002 Nebraska. 2002 Mizzou was alright too. 2002 Big XII Championship and Alamo Bowl sucked ass. Other than that, I’ve got a lot of road Ls over the years in Tempe and Tucson. They waited until we moved back to CO to win down in AZ.

This is going to be depressing:

2011 Buffs 6 - UCLA 45
2012 - Buffs 17 - Ducks 70
2013 Buffs 7 - Washington 59
2019 Buffs 10 - Wash St 41

1998 win over Oklahoma (led by De'Mond Parker) who looked like it was going to resurge early in the year. Both teams tanked following that (CU lost four out of next six, OU lost four of next five), but it was a big matchup at the time.

Favorites

1. '18 Nebraska (33-28)
2. '11 Utah (17-14)
3. '07 T-Tech (31-26)
4. '96 CSU (48-34)
5. '05 Oklahoma State (34-0)
6. '04 KU (30-21)

Those are the 6 that I witnessed a W , then there are the 14 losses. ☹

'97 Michigan (3-27)
'98 Nebraska (14-16)
'99 Washington (24-31)
'00 USC (14-17)
'01 Texas (7-41)
'02 OU (11-27)
'03 Florida State (7-47) Baylor (30-42)
'06 Georgia (13-14)
'08 KU (14-30)
'09 Texas (14-38) KSU (6-20)
'10 KU (45-52)
'12 Oregon (14-70)

* Bowl Games
'95 Fiesta W (41-24)
'96 Cotton W (38-6)
'97 Holiday W (33-21)
'16 Alamo L (8-38)

Last edited:
Favorites

1. '18 ****braska (33-28)
2. '11 Utah (17-14)
3. '07 T-Tech (31-26)
4. '96 CSU (48-34)
5. '05 Oklahoma State (34-0)
6. '04 KU (30-21)

Those are the 6 that I witnessed a W , then there are the 14 losses. ☹

'97 Michigan (3-27)
'98 ****braska (14-16)
'99 Washington (24-31)
'00 USC (14-17)
'01 Texas (7-41)
'02 OU (11-27)
'03 Florida State (7-47)
'06 Georgia (13-14)
'08 KU (14-30)
'09 Texas (14-38) KSU (6-20)
'10 KU (45-52)
'12 Oregon (14-70)

* Bowl Games
'95 Fiesta W (41-24)
'96 Cotton W (38-6)
'97 Holiday W (33-21)
'16 Alamo L (8-38)
A True BUFF...Respect...
It's one thing to travel to Ames, Manhattan, Stillwater and Lawrence over and over.
Austin, Athens, Tallahassee & Ann Arbor is different.

1. 1990 Nebraska. Will never forget my dad grabbing my brother huddled under the bleachers in blankets, throwing him up and saying, “I don’t care how cold you are, you are going to see this!”, after Bienemy scores his 3rd TD
2. 1996 CSU

I am on a 8 game losing streak between road games and bowls I have attended

It's a short list of 3 wins total for me (and a double digit quantity of losses, but lets not go there)...

1. 2016 Oregon - lost my damn mind when Witherspoon had the game-winning pick in the end-zone and I was on cloud nine for the rest of the day...

2, 2014 UMass @ Gillette Stadium - "crowd" of about 10k at least 60% CU fans from the Northeast, somehow we were down 11 at one point in the second half but squeaked it out 41-38...

3. 2019 Arizona State - This was a great win for us at the time should have been a turning point for the program...alas, Midnight Mel's departure has sullied this one a bit in my mind...

kNU 1990
OU 1989
This.
Both games were incredible for different reasons. That OU game was when CU told the world that we were legit. The Hagan pitch to JJ was spectacular. My buddies and I found a bar that was selling $.25 cups of beer. Between 12 of us, we ran up an $80 bill. I don’t remember much after that, except a long car ride home the next day. (Full disclosure, these were about 6 ounces per cup).

Also went to the '89 game in Norman. In addition to the "moon" pitch, it was as good a defensive game played in the Mac era. The OU fans were fun to party with the night before the game. They were quite welcoming, especially compared to the crowd in Stinkoln the year before. That was the first sense we got of how the fusker faithful were gracious as long as you weren't competitive. Buffs lost 0-7, and the kNU fans were like, "when did CU get good?" And not in a nice way. Much better stories about that road trip though...

2002 in Stinkoln is the only good one for me.

Also took the trip to nubraska in 2006 and 2010. Both of those games were the obvious conclusions to throwaway seasons.

Back