What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Feeling after EWU game

How do you feel after EWU?

• We're undefeated, BCS championship here we come!

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Ugly win, but still optimistic for a decent season

Votes: 92 71.9%
  • Bad sign, we will be lucky to go to a bowl

Votes: 16 12.5%
  • I don't know right now

Votes: 15 11.7%

• Total voters
I honestly don't know. CSU is a crap team, but we handled them pretty easily. EWU is better than CSU, and we barely beat them.

We're always told the biggest improvement comes between games 1 and 2. Well, I didn't see any improvement yesterday. I saw regression. That concerns me.

We have 10 days to get ready for a top-20 team. A team who will be hella-pissed. We have lots of things to correct, and I have no idea whether we'll get them corrected or not.

2 and 0 is still 2 and 0, not 1 - Oh my god, we should have lost that game.

Michigan and Tennessee would all gladly trade records right now.

Every week is different in college football, we of all fanbases should know that by now.

2 and 0 is still 2 and 0, not 1 - Oh my god, we should have lost that game.

Michigan and Tennessee would all gladly trade records right now.

Every week is different in college football, we of all fanbases should know that by now.

That response is because LT. is one of the most negative posters on this board. He rarely has anything positive to say.

No idea what to think or expect. We'll find out on the 18th what kind of team this is. I have my doubts but I also am excited.

No idea what to think or expect. We'll find out on the 18th what kind of team this is. I have my doubts but I also am excited.

Win or lose, I think the game on the 18th will only lead to more confusion about how good this team actually is. Personally, I don't think we'll have a good feel for that answer until we line up against FSU.

I'm not going to point fingers at anyone until the team actually produces the big L. If every game in the season ends up being an ugly win, then ****ing great.

I'm not going to point fingers at anyone until the team actually produces the big L. If every game in the season ends up being an ugly win, then ****ing great.

:yeahthat: A win is a win for this team right now. We all know we have a young team with a little experience sprinkled in. For that experience to filter down and grow into confidence this team needs to be tested in game situations. If we win, we win, if we lose well, the team moves on and hopefully learns.

Yes, I almost had a heart attack yesterday afternoon but you know what I am still here tonight.

I think the game yesterday really opened our team's and fan's eyes to where we are right now. Most of us thought we were better, some thought we were worse. The team has a lot to work on but that is to be expected with raw, young talent and early season games. But I'm sure the team learned the most and they will be ready to play come the 17th.

Last edited:
:yeahthat: A win is a win for this team right now. We all know we have a young team with a little experience sprinkled in. For that experience to filter down and grow into confidence this team needs to be tested in game situations. If we win, we win, if we lose well, the team moves on and hopefully learns.

Yes, I almost had a heart attack yesterday afternoon but you know what I am still here tonight.

I think the game yesterday really opened our team's and fan's eyes to where we are right now. Most of us thought we were better, some thought we were worse. The team has a lot to work on but that is to be expected with raw, young talent and early season games. But I'm sure the team learned the most and they will be ready to play come the 17th.
Well said....who knows what happens now? Just like 1990...sit back and enjoy the ride.....

Well said....who knows what happens now? Just like 1990...sit back and enjoy the ride.....

exactly!!!! wish the best for the Buffs!!! enjoy the wins. accept the losses. toast the kids who sweat and bleed for the Buffs. most of all, enjoy every last minute of it.

we are fans because we love the school and the kids who wear the colors of that school. after a loss, no one feels worse than the kids. we fans like to think of how bad we feel after a loss. the kids wearing the uniform feel it 100x's what we feel.

wins come and go. some years are better than others. winners dont happen overnight in most cases. they take time to build. they have to lose at times.

i make a choice. i love the wins. accept the losses for why ever they happen and most of all, i make sure that i love watching the Buffs play ball. win or lose. i enjoy the ride! :thumbsup::gobuffs:

Keep your arms and legs in the car when it leaves to platform. 2009 is going to be a wild ride. This group of young men are not a tight machine. They are as unpredictable as a set of dice. If last year is any indication, one week CU knocks off a top ranked team. CU will land a KO punch to WV, UT, KU and/or Mizzou. Then the next go around, CU rolls snake eyes, typically against an inferior team like Kjuco or ISU. These Buffs don't have the fine tuned percission of a troop of Chinese acrobats. Cheering the Buffs can be like supporting a beloved relative trying to figure out the right cocktail of bi-polar meds. There are good weeks, and bad. One game is brilliant, and the team is ready to take on the world. Then the next week there is a turd floating in the punch bowl. Such is CU football.

Last edited by a moderator:
Relax guys. We have and extremely young team with mucho talent. We will win 1-2 that we shouldn't and lose 1-2 that we shouldn't. I'm looking for 7 wins + a bowl victory with the payoff coming in '09 and '10. This team will get its crap figured out. Although I did not get this game up here in AK, I would guess that our young O-line was not comfortable with what EWU was throwing at them up front. O-line is all about reps and preparation. I would guess that they saw some things that weren't expecting and this made them a bit tentative. They will get that worked out. I would prefer to see a power formation like the I for running behind these beasts at times. Also think the shotgun should not be an every-down thing. To conclude, these guys are going to be fine. The line will gell in the next couple of weeks and Darrell Scott is the real deal! A W is a W.

This team reminds me very much of the '96 squad. Young, undisciplined with penalties, but solid talent and a real hit & miss on which team shows up from week to week. Give it a few more games and I'd be suprised if we didnt mature to a real contender by the end of the season IMO.

The 1990 team was uber-talented. This team has talent, but isn't capable of those heights, not yet, and the comparison is not only wrong but unfair to them.

Relax guys. We have and extremely young team with mucho talent. We will win 1-2 that we shouldn't and lose 1-2 that we shouldn't.

I'm not sure this team can win games they shouldn't. If the EWU defensive line was so fast, what about the better athletes coming up? I hope I'm wrong, but I'm bracing for some L's.

The Buffs are National Championship contenders until their record proves me otherwise!!

:smile2:

I agree that we did take a step backwards this weekend...BUT we have 10 days to get things straightened out...I still believe that no matter how much you talk about it, it IS difficult to get up for teams like EWU...everyone is expecting a win including the players so mental lapses and lack of concentration occurs...that is why I believe the players that looked the best were the true freshman or new guys like D. Scott & Mohler because they have no expectations other than play their absolute hardest!

In any event, I think we will be ready to roar against WVU...the fans will be even more pumped, our players will be even more psyched and ready to prove EWU was a fluke and not the real team we saw...and IF we can get the O-Line improved a little bit in this long week and a half of preparation then I expect a win next thursday!

On a positive note. Two years ago and even early last year, CU does not figure out how to come from behind to win this game.

I just hope they can figure out how to start faster. The rest of the schedule does not look good for many 14 point come from behind wins.

I'll take 2-0 at this point. After WV and especially FSU on the road we will see how good the team is. If CU can be 4-2 going into the KjcSU game I'll be happy.

EWU is a lot better team then people think. I believe recent history has shown that a Top 5 FCS team is as good as any team ranked 80 and above in the BCS. And early games bring on early mistakes. We showed guts by not giving up and we will play with a chip on our shoulders in the next game.

Speaking of the next game, the Buffs first two opponents have well prepared them for WVU in two weeks. CSU was predominantly a running team with some off-sets thrown in, and EWU is overwhelmingly a passing team. In all reality, if it wasn't for our early mistakes we would have held EWU to just 10 points all game. Our defense will be ready to go. Hopefully the off week will give Dan time to work on some offense. As of right now, I think we are as game tested as we can be going into the WVU game. I do have to say, I am sick of Cody making dumb mistakes. He is getting better, but they are just SO costly.

EWU is a lot better team then people think. I believe recent history has shown that a Top 5 FCS team is as good as any team ranked 80 and above in the BCS. And early games bring on early mistakes. We showed guts by not giving up and we will play with a chip on our shoulders in the next game.

Speaking of the next game, the Buffs first two opponents have well prepared them for WVU in two weeks. CSU was predominantly a running team with some off-sets thrown in, and EWU is overwhelmingly a passing team. In all reality, if it wasn't for our early mistakes we would have held EWU to just 10 points all game. Our defense will be ready to go. Hopefully the off week will give Dan time to work on some offense. As of right now, I think we are as game tested as we can be going into the WVU game. I do have to say, I am sick of Cody making dumb mistakes. He is getting better, but they are just SO costly.

Good lord, of all the sunshine in that post,the one person you single out is CODY? How about the OL,HELFRICH,HAWK etc...?
When we have to sit here and say a div1aa team is really good to justify us playing a bad game,then where are we headed?

Good lord, of all the sunshine in that post,the one person you single out is CODY? How about the OL,HELFRICH,HAWK etc...?
When we have to sit here and say a div1aa team is really good to justify us playing a bad game,then where are we headed?

We had a bad half in the second game of the season. Regardless of the opponent, there's no need to throw up the white flag and give up for the season. Cody is the one player who more than anyone on the field can win or lose us a game. He needs to step up and take some blame if blame even needs to be placed in the second game of the season. Coaches can coach, they can game plan and make adjustments. What they can't do is fumble and throw interceptions. They can't make checkdowns on the line. Honestly, if there is someone to blame and critique, it's Hawkins with a year and a game of experience under his belt.

What in the world does this year's team possibly have in common with the 1990 team?:wow:
You are right...I did not mean 1990. I meant to say the formative years of the Mac era (86-88, perhaps). Those days, you did not know which Buff team would show up. We just need to be patient.

Back