What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Fiesta Bowl Thread..... aTm vs OU

Nope. Still don't miss the old Big 12.

Big Game Bob choked right on schedule.

SEC Aggie is a strange overgrown paramilitary cult, just like the B12 version.

To Embree...if Sumlin were let go from Collie Station, he would get a job as an HC somewhere else.

I barely got a chance to watch aTm this season so I was a little skeptical of Johnny Manziel. The dude is legit. He makes it look easy while he runs circles around OU defenders and hits precision passes.

Johnny Football is a freak. Unreal but his game is college ball for now anyway.

How many schools tried to recruit Johnny Manziel?

The guy is the real deal, it's almost like he came out of nowhere and now he's the most popular athlete in all of CFB. Unbelievable player.

Pretty sure he was an Oregon commit at one time. I couldn't tell you how many recruited him. He wasn't a secret in Texas HS football. If he was 6'3 220, everybody probably would have offered him. Things have worked out pretty well for him I'd say, dude can ball.

Nope. Still don't miss the old Big 12.

Big Game Bob choked right on schedule.

SEC Aggie is a strange overgrown paramilitary cult, just like the B12 version.

To Embree...if Sumlin were let go from Collie Station, he would get a job as an HC somewhere else.
Coach Mac disagrees with this post....

How many schools tried to recruit Johnny Manziel?

The guy is the real deal, it's almost like he came out of nowhere and now he's the most popular athlete in all of CFB. Unbelievable player.

Was an Oregon commit. Texas offered him, but only as a DB (prolly due to their embarrasment of riches when it comes to QBs...)

Was an Oregon commit. Texas offered him, but only as a DB (prolly due to their embarrasment of riches when it comes to QBs...)

no kidding. for a team with a strong pick of riches, UT can't seem to find QB's or a serious RB for crap. all the best Texas backs seem to go to OU or ATM. does Mack even have an offensive system?

as much as i truly despise ATM....this is a strong year for them. year 1 in SEC, beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa, Heisman, Mack scuffling a bit as usual , beat the crap outta OU in Dallas.....Sumlin is a brother with all kinds of recruiting reach now.

SEC has dominated bowls so far with the exception of LSU. Once again Miles proves he's one of the worst at clock management. They didn't deserve to win that game anyway. They were outplayed.

Last edited:
SEC has dominated bowls so far with the exception of LSU. Once again Miles proves he's one of the worst at clock management. They didn't deserve to win that game anyway. They were outplayed.

I missed the memo about the SEC getting rid of Miss St and Florida. So the SEC is kicking ass except when they dont?

Did you really write this on January 5th?

SEC has dominated? You mean of the three teams ranked in the top 10, that have played, two lost and the third needed a touchdown in the final seconds to beat a team ranked well below it?

Or that UGA snuck by (yes, I'm aware what the score was) a much lower-ranked Nebraska team that we most recently saw getting beaten like a drum by an unranked Wiscy (like to the tune of 77 points, I think)?

And didn't Northwestern beat (albeit unranked) Miss. State?

So far, the SEC hasn't beaten any team they weren't significantly more highly ranked than, and have lost at least two to teams they were more highly ranked than.

Oh, I forgot about aTm. So far, the SEC's most credible bowl win was from a team that played in the Big 12 last season.

You have a funny definition of "dominate".

I wonder how much aTm's success in the SEC speeds up Mack Brown's eventual departure from Austin?

This is a huge bruise to the puke orange cow fan ego. aTm crushes the team that crushed UT in the real Cotton Bowl earlier this season.

If ATM stayed, they pretty much would own the Big 12 the next 2 years....

If ATM stayed, they pretty much would own the Big 12 the next 2 years....

Meh. They would have been a mediocre team in the Big 12, like they have always been. It really took the SEC to bring out their inner champion.

'Bama carried the otherwise lackluster SEC tonight. Great performance for the Tide.

'Bama carried the otherwise lackluster SEC tonight. Great performance for the Tide.

6-3 record in bowl games and half of the top 10 in the final polls is a lackluster year. It's good to see the standards are set high for the SEC. And yes there are some bad teams at the bottom of the SEC, just like all other conferences.

6-3 record in bowl games and half of the top 10 in the final polls is a lackluster year. It's good to see the standards are set high for the SEC. And yes there are some bad teams at the bottom of the SEC, just like all other conferences.

My point remains the same. aTm showed me something, and so did 'Bama. But let's face it, there are probably ten teams that could have handled Notre Dame easily. For God's sake, Stanford held them to fewer points in regulation. But Oregon, and Kansas State were never in the conversation to play Notre Dame, because the "SEC Dominance Myth" is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Look at the SEC matchups in Bowl games. What was it, number 10 USC v. 18 Michigan? The ****'s escaped with a win and nothing more. The only thing more overrated than the SEC (this season) is Nebraska who we recently saw Wiscy hang 77 points on during he Big 10 championship. I would hope that a top ten SEC team could easily handle Nebraska, but UGA didn't make it look easy. LSU v. Clemson was a great game, but look at the relative rankings. Clemson looked like the better team, but trailed significantly in the polls. I don't even know what to say about Florida.

And to your point above, I'm not talking about the bad teams at the bottom, I'm talking abou the top ten teams that were visibly overrated.

So as I said above, 'Bama (and aTm, out of fairness) carried an otherwise lackluster season in the bowls. Imagine if those SEC teams had to play equivalently ranked teams? I shudder to imagine...

Back