What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Final AP Top 25

Hope they are but won't bitch if they aren't. The fellas have work to do, find our leader for one.

i love that we had a top 20 finish, especially after dropping our last 2. we have a foundation to work from. and, remember, we used to be in the national dialogue every year as a perennially ranked team. this helps us get the "benefit of the doubt" in rankings if we can keep building.

None of the "way too early" rankings that I've seen have us in the top 25.

I don't expect us to be in the AP's preseason Top 25. But I do expect us to get some votes and be ranked if we start 3-0 against a very manageable schedule.

Hey, glad ya showed up! Wanted to ask ya, how's recruiting going for you guys?

I'm not sure how it's going to end up. Here's what I can show from Rivals, 247 and Scout recruiting for CU and NU. (as of 01/10/2017 CU has 24 verbal commits and NU has 15)
Rivals:
--- CU rank 23, avg. star 3.00
--- NU rank 38, avg. star 3.33
247 Sports:
--- CU rank 24, avg. player pnts 85.33
--- NU rank 33, avg. player pnts 86.53
Scout:
--- CU rank 21, avg. player star 3.00
--- NU rank 27, avg. player star 3.27

I don't know if CU is finished or will add to the 2017 class. Been to busy to follow CU much the last month or so.
NU is looking to add 5-6 more to the class, maybe 7-8 if certain targets want in who won't be turned down. Most recruits the NU Coaches are in on are high 3*** or 4**** players, and won't commit until the next week or so. These Coaches know what they are doing and will close well. NU is getting recruits to fill needs and balance the classes. My best guess is NU moves up in the rankings to the 15-22 range, if the right things happen. 18 year old kids are hard to read. You never know what they are thinking, what their parents are thinking or even if they are thinking sometimes.

How do you think recruiting is going for CU?

I don't expect us to be in the AP's preseason Top 25. But I do expect us to get some votes and be ranked if we start 3-0 against a very manageable schedule.
There is some consideration for personnel losses, recruits, healing from injuries etc, otherwise the Fall 2017 opening poll would be identical to the prior year's final poll. And we've had some losses:

Back