What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Finally! College Football Tonight

Also: impressed with the crowd; not sure how large the stadium is, but it looks to be about 90% filled.

Usually these overseas games fill less than half the stadium.

Edit: looked it up, capacity is 83,500.

Very impressed with ticket sales. Damn. Yeah, the Pac-12 will make this an annual game.

2nd edit: the crowd is pretty spread out, lots of empty seats spread out, no empty sections though. Probably more like 75-80% capacity. Still very impressive for an overseas game at a large venue.

Last edited:
Game over. Webb was not impressive IMO. Most of his passing yards came after completion.
I think if you insert Sefo in his place, they're up by just as much, which is an indictment on the offense and players we've had more than anything.

Webb would have been an upgrade to Luifau. That run proved it to me. Unfortunately for MacIntyre, this is it for him.

That run proved it to you? Sefo had 5 runs for TDs just like that.

Is that the same sefo that stomped his feet as he mismanaged the clock last year while losing to Hawaii? Let me know.

Webb would have been an upgrade to Luifau. That run proved it to me. Unfortunately for MacIntyre, this is it for him.
giphy.gif

Decent. Not a world beater, especially considering the opposition here. Not saying it wouldn't have been nice to have him on the roster, but what I'm seeing so far isn't making my cry in my beer. Yet. Waiting until Friday.

Huh? He looks okay but I'm not seeing anything spectacular.
It was when he strung together a bunch of completions, marched the team down the field and threw a strike in the end zone to put the game away (I think). That part looked good

It was when he strung together a bunch of completions, marched the team down the field and threw a strike in the end zone to put the game away (I think). That part looked good
Ah. I'm looking at the whole game. He's not made one deep pass or tough short/intermediate pass. He's hitting wide open Cal guys in short passes and they are running with it. He's taken a couple of sacks he shouldn't have. And Hawaii is outmatched talent wise making Webbs job easier.

Not to take away from his game cuz he screwed us. I'd give him a B/B-.

ZERO pressure all game. Time to throw is the great equalizer for QBs. Game 1 against Hawaii and their total absence of a pass rush isn't much to go off of at this point, one way or another. I think nut cutting time comes week 3 against Texas and early in the conference schedule.

Webb's numbers are going to look good, but I think they're a little inflated. Hawaii's defense looked extremely unimpressive so he was throwing to a lot of wide-open receivers, plus he benefitted from a lot of YAC. However, since this will be my first full-year of Buffs football, I'm not exactly sure how he compares to Sefo.

He throws a pretty wobbly football too

Webb looked good no doubt. Cal is going to get ran the **** over by Oregon, Washington and Stanford though so that should be fun to watch, not to mention the south teams like USC and ucla. I expect Texas to take it to that offense in two weeks.

But in terms of the buffs, he did exactly what we were expecting out of him, he is accurate and makes it through a couple reads every play. Definitely would have helped us this year.

Pretty classless ending by Cal though, just end the game. I know, "if you don't want them to score, stop them" yada yada.. Still my opinion.

Back