What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Darrin Chiaverini relieved of his duties as Offensive Coordinator

CU should have fired Chev right after the Minesota game. You have a young QB with bad OL play. Didn't help out his young QB. Should have called plays that got the ball out of the young QB hands quickly and called more designed RPOs plays. Hopefully this week will be better. Filip is now listed as the starter at right takle(still 295 pounds at 6'7") and Wiley is the starting left tackle. Which is a surprise. I expected Filip to be the starting left tackle. Maybe they want to ease him back into action slowly.

So we’ve reached the McChesney should come coach here part of the cycle
It was still a good test to see what kind of reaction I'd get.

All the same, is a McChesney type of OL coach the only coach we can afford that would be less than a consummate upgrade? I mean, hell, why do we even have Rodrigue? Kap's recommendation for a friend because he fit right in with our high schoolish offensive staff, knowing we wouldn't have the $$$ to attract real coaching talent on the OL that can also recruit?

It was still a good test to see what kind of reaction I'd get.

All the same, is a McChesney type of OL coach the only coach we can afford that would be less than a consummate upgrade? I mean, hell, why do we even have Rodrigue? Kap's recommendation for a friend because he fit right in with our high schoolish offensive staff, knowing we wouldn't have the $$$ to attract real coaching talent on the OL that can also recruit?
No

CU should have fired Chev right after the Minesota game. You have a young QB with bad OL play. Didn't help out his young QB. Should have called plays that got the ball out of the young QB hands quickly and called more designed RPOs plays. Hopefully this week will be better. Filip is now listed as the starter at right takle(still 295 pounds at 6'7") and Wiley is the starting left tackle. Which is a surprise. I expected Filip to be the starting left tackle. Maybe they want to ease him back into action slowly.
Maybe has more to do with our QBs being much more comfortable rolling to the right. Lots of yards available if our RT can set that edge.

Maybe has more to do with our QBs being much more comfortable rolling to the right. Lots of yards available if our RT can set that edge.
We had a couple of plays against a&m that were perfect for Lewis and successful that I saw none of against Minnesota.

They were plays with a play action then a defined roll. Lewis ran to his right and at a specific point in the roll looked to a receiver in a specific spot. If the LB on that side came up to play the run the receiver stepped inside the DB and was open for an easy throw. If the LB stayed back then Lewis had an easy 5-8 yards with potentially more.

Perfect play for his skills and his maturity. Run to a spot, read one key, throw it or run it. Either way come back to the huddle with a successful play.

This idea of dropping him back and asking him to read from the pocket is beyond him right now. Our line isn't good enough to prevent teams from getting pressure with a basic four or even three man rush so he is looking into a defense with a full contingent of defenders running everywhere. He looks like someone trying to figure out how to run across I-25 in downtown Denver when the traffic is flowing at full speed. He just doesn't see any openings.

So we’ve reached the McChesney should come coach here part of the cycle
See?! I said in a different thread that I appreciated how efficient the Dorrel regime had been in moving us to the end stages of our support in just nine games.

We’re moving swiftly through the rest of the cycle too.

oddly, since I said that no one was preaching patience, Buffnik has taken up the mantle. Didn’t see that coming, frankly.

So he can recruit then, maybe? Replace Rodrigue with McChesney.
Go Away GIF

Mighty bowling green managed to match the Buff’s total offensive production in the first half.

Back