What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Darrin Chiaverini relieved of his duties as Offensive Coordinator

Can you explain it in a simpler way so us lay people can understand?
we suck again GIF

Can you explain it in a simpler way so us lay people can understand?
Two scenarios.

1, 3rd 6; gain 5 yards; punt; no chance to s

2. 3rd 4; gain 5 yards; first down; drive continues; helps chance to score

Both add 5 yards of total offense.

But scenario 2 is clearly more efficient and aids the chance to score.

That’s simple EPA.

Yeah, no. The points on the scoreboard are fraudulent. You can still get bent, Darrin. Defense/special teams nearly out scored your offense today. Dickhead
They did outscore the offense. Offense scored 12 of the 34 points today. This offense is absolute garbage.

Not saying they aren’t garbage but they definitely played better today
They played a lot better, particularly in the 2nd half once we had a big cushion.

fwiw, I think @Not Sure was counting 6 for the defense, 12 for the offense, and 16 for the special teams.

Matt Wells out at TT. Sonny Cumbie interim. He's going to be available this winter.

Howell got a question about Chev in his chat-said he doesn't expect DC to be here in any capacity past this year.

Last edited:
GD....ANOTHER stupid screen pass FOUR YARDS behind the line of scrimmage. This offense is HOPELESS with Chev in charge.
Stinks to high heaven....

Not sure why today would change any opinions. QB was hot and we still only had 14 points after 3 quarters.

Best case is that it took this long to figure out some adjustments to get the ball out quick and put some guys in motion. Not really acceptable. He'll probably rebuild his brand somewhat with someone else as a recruiting coordinator.

They put up over 30 against a petty good team. He deserves some credit for that. He hired the line coach. He fired the line coach.

Can he maintain this little bit of momentum and can he recruit on it? Those are the questions I would be focused on right now.

Word from around the tailgate was that he’s gone after the season. Seemed to be coming from more than one source who had some level of knowledge beyond what a bunch of dipshits on an internet website possess. TIFWIW.
That said, the offense on Saturday really was pretty solid. Showed some flashes of what we all thought it could be. Beyond that, after falling down in the 4th quarter, the offense responded really well in the last part of the 4th quarter and in both OT periods. That first OT series was freaking beautiful. It was almost as if they had a plan and were, you know, executing it.

The inexcusable thing in my opinion is the lack of accountability and how coaches were blaming the players for lack of execution in the first half of the season. Replacing Coach Sled highlighted the lack of scheme and inability to set the players up for success. A competent OC would have diagnosed that after the first week or two of the season.

The inexcusable thing in my opinion is the lack of accountability and how coaches were blaming the players for lack of execution in the first half of the season. Replacing Coach Sled highlighted the lack of scheme and inability to set the players up for success. A competent OC would have diagnosed that after the first week or two of the season.
No. It would have been seen in the pre-Spring coaches meetings when diagramming plays and being told how they were going to block certain things.

They scored 27 points in regulation. If they did that every game, they would rank 7th in the Pac 12. Let’s not confuse competency with actually being a good offense. Yes, Chev still needs to go.
I don’t disagree. Just giving credit where due. Competent is a good term for what they were on Saturday. It’s also a great deal better than what they showed earlier in the season. We would have killed for competent against Minnesota and USC.

I don’t disagree. Just giving credit where due. Competent is a good term for what they were on Saturday. It’s also a great deal better than what they showed earlier in the season. We would have killed for competent against Minnesota and USC.
Or ASU or aTm or Cal.

I'll start to believe the O is actually competent if they're competitive on the road against a horrible UCLA defense.

Back