What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Build Rick George a Statue (was #fireRickGeorge)

It starts at the top

No accountability

3 bad hires

Start the **** over
3 bad hires? Bohn hired MacIntyre.

Tucker was a really good hire imo. He did in fact bungle that contract which gave him an absurdly low buyout that allowed him to leave so early. Tucker should still be here or we should have at least like $4mil more in the bank. Would have made a difference with the salary pool for the current assistant group

Correct. And MacIntyre wasn’t a bad hire either. He had a ceiling and reached it. He did a great job turning the program around. We’re gonna need to hire another MacIntyre here in the next 18 months.
You can’t be serious

As for RG, the contract he just signed will keep min around for the foreseeable future. He will get one more chance to hire a football coach. I’m starting to believe that it goes well beyond him, though. We like to laugh at Mike Bohn, but the guy is now the AD at USC. Maybe we need to realize it’s not the guys we have, but the guys above the guys we have.

It starts at the top

No accountability

3 bad hires

Start the **** over
Funny, we used to think Mike Bohn was the problem. 🤔

This administration, and the last one or two, hasnt been committed to win at all costs football since the sex scandal and Gary Barnetts poor choice of words brought a lot of negative national media attention to Boulder. So for me its kind of hard to blame only Rick George whose actually done a good job. Hawkins Embree and MacIntyre, then Food Cart and Tucker and this current **** show all tell me that its about winning with strings attached. These guys arent gonna let a bunch of thugs in and let kids skip class so we can be happy.

Our alums dont give when were winning or when were losing.

I’ve still got confidence in RG.

He needs to hire better counsel for drafting and negotiating contracts.
Heh. Coaches have the upper hand in this supply and demand equation and they always will. Unless you're hiring an up and comer. We as a state also nuked the 1 year contract law upping our overall buyout burden. And then its pandemic times which has probably made a huge dent in concessions, gate, and game day revenue. Im not sure these times will reward bold spending moves.

Rick George raised money like a hero and rebuilt the facilities to get us in the mix. That alone was enough to win me over for several years. He’s a beast.

Rick George raised money like a hero and rebuilt the facilities to get us in the mix. That alone was enough to win me over for several years. He’s a beast.
Well...

He needs to raise money like a hero and hire a real coach with a real assistants with a real recruiting operations staff.

Until he does that, the champions center will be very poorly named.

Disluke. RG doesn't deserve to be fired. Tucker wasnt a bad hire. RG was put in a tough spot with how and when Tucker left. Let's see how he does in a couple years when we are looking for yet another HC
Tucker was a very good hire, and from all accounts he was close on Ryan Day to the point that Urban Meyer retired pretty abruptly. And going after Sark was the right move, so he seems to target the right guys…..with one glaring exception. I know it was a tough time to be hiring a coach but if it’s true that RG:

1) failed to follow through on promises he made to Tucker, and
2) had a hand in dismantling the recruiting operation Tucker put in place, and
3) was forcing Chev and Hagan on the new staff and that in any way cost CU a chance at hiring Sark

then this is entirely a problem of his own making and is as much to blame for this mess as anyone.

Agree with @Matt. He just got extended, and even if that hadn't happened I wouldn't fire him. Let's about the post Tucker coaching search and the Chev conversation for a second-there were a fair amount of us who wanted to do whatever it took in February of 2020 to ensure he stayed here-even if that meant promoting him. I don't fault RG/KD for promoting Chev, but I will be pissed if they do not recognize their mistake and dump/demote him (I don't care which) after this year. Until then, I'm not going to place much of a priority on watching this garbage every weekend.

Tucker was a very good hire, and from all accounts he was close on Ryan Day to the point that Urban Meyer retired pretty abruptly. And going after Sark was the right move, so he seems to target the right guys…..with one glaring exception. I know it was a tough time to be hiring a coach but if it’s true that RG:

1) failed to follow through on promises he made to Tucker, and
2) had a hand in dismantling the recruiting operation Tucker put in place, and
3) was forcing Chev and Hagan on the new staff and that in any way cost CU a chance at hiring Sark

then this is entirely a problem of his own making and is as much to blame for this mess as anyone.

I'm curious about all three and would like to hear you or somebody else elaborate.

Last edited:
In retrospect I wonder if we should have just slapped an interim tag on the Chev and then hired a real coach after the 2020 season.
It is starting to look like the “Ready, shoot, aim” approach that brought us to HCKD was a real bad move.

I don't know if it was that as much as RG didn't have a backup in mind when Sark said no-that's I think been his main critical mistake at CU, and that's what gave us Dorrell.

Back