What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Firing Assistant Coaches

Buffellow85

One of my closest friends got canned from his job yesterday. We have worked together for close to 20 years.
Suppose Cabral earns the HC and is hired by Bohn. How close (together ) are the assistants to one another.

Cabral is stuck with Keesaw for another year, but does anyone see Brian keeping any of the current assistants on his staff, or does he flush the toilet and start from scratch.

Where are we getting this idea that we are "stuck with Keisau"?? Having a contract doesn't mean that he can't be fired. Hawkins had a contract too.....

If Cabral earns the HC job, then I can't imagine he won't clean house (with maybe some exceptions) and get his own assistants in here. You don't just go from linebackers coach to HC and expect every assistant that was there to respect and listen to you. You need to put your own stamp on the program and get people in with your schematic and other beliefs.

I also do not think anyone is stuck with Kiesau. He will be let go if that is what the new HC prefers.

Where are we getting this idea that we are "stuck with Keisau"?? Having a contract doesn't mean that he can't be fired. Hawkins had a contract too.....

That is exactly correct.

I think more likely he would be asked to be the QB coach and recruiting coordinator.

If Cabral got the job, he'd fill two spots, HC and ILB coach. That instantly creates another staff position. This would alllow him to keep Kiesau and bring in another offensive guy, just for example.

FWIW, Cabral's main advantage here is that he's not one of the Boise gang that was brought over. Therefore the clique (Riddle, Collins, Bandison and Pitman) is gone wholesale.

Back