What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

First depth chart is out

I assume you are pointing to my post where I used him as an example for getting a "fresh look".

Let me be clear on this, as I posted in another thread, our WR corp is not uber-talented and after PRich, we don't have explosion. PRich has yet to prove he is an all-conference level player. Jeff Thomas has yet to show us he will be a solid WR, but we hold out hope. Spruce is good at what he does. But there are many on this board (and other boards) who are suddenly in a happy place about our WR corp and it all remains to be seen. Gerald Thomas was on the field last year because he was fast. He never ever had one big YAC play, and he never got open once outside the bubble screens. And he dropped a bunch of passes. So the fact that DD is now making waves means very, very little. Let's see what the depth chart looks like in late August and more importantly, late November. This continues to be (on paper) a horrible position group. It's not a strength at this point.

DD could have provided the 2012 Buffs with everything Gerald Thomas provided us, while allowing Gerald to redshirt. That's all.

Gerald had a good scamper after catch in the Sac State game. It was the play when Webb had to leave the field because of the helmet rule so Wood replaced him for one play only in his first action of the season, the Hornets showed blitz and brought it and he dropped back and zipped it to GT. Though I thought Gerald could've escaped the defender who brought him down and gone for 6 it left me hopeful that the Wood-Thomas passes would get us out of the slump and manage to keep us in or win a few more games than we did. I'm hopeful at least one of the pair improves on last year's performance and is rewarded for it by seeing the field more.

My take is that the staff wants nothing to do with any of the QBs currently on the roster.

Or maybe that's wishful thinking on my part.

Or maybe both.

My take is that the staff wants nothing to do with any of the QBs currently on the roster.

Or maybe that's wishful thinking on my part.

Or maybe both.

You may be correct for Webb, Hirshman, Dorman, Schrock, and maybe Wood but not Dillon. In a interview with Lindgren he said he really likes his athletic ability but he needs to be more consistent. It's way too early to be writing off Dillon and maybe even Wood (sounds like he did really good in the 2 minute drills). Lets see how Dillon progresses over these next seven practices and over the summer.

You may be correct for Webb, Hirshman, Dorman, Schrock, and maybe Wood but not Dillon. In a interview with Lindgren he said he really likes his athletic ability but he needs to be more consistent. It's way too early to be writing off Dillon and maybe even Wood (sounds like he did really good in the 2 minute drills). Lets see how Dillon progresses over these next seven practices and over the summer.

He's not going to say "Dillon sucked."

Tini never writes off anyone... until he does. Then that player or coach better watch out.

Tini never writes off anyone... until he does. Then that player or coach better watch out.

Well I'm not gonna write a kid off when he hasn't even seen the field in actual game time, even more so when he's a freshman.

Back