What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

First Play From Scrimmage?

So what will the first offensive play be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OUBuff

American
Well, we are inside of 10 days maybe not too early for this poll...

Reading some of the articles on DC and CUBuffs.com about the receiving, quarterbacking and rushing and listening to the player and coach comments...
You know, we will be a down hill running program, with play action, but we will have to work at the vertical game with Simas out and Simmons learning the program.

So what will the first play be? Power Run, Finesse Run, Play action Short, Play action Deep or Drop Back Pass?

I'm thinking all this power rushing talk is real, but plays into an a little trickeration so I'm voting Play Action Deep.

Last edited:
if we are to believe what the media spews out then its going to be a power run up the middle.

If Helfrich was still here I'd put solid money on an end around. With the strength that we have at RB now and a need to build the play-action opportunity, I'm saying something up the gut from Scott.

With all the comments about the stable of RB's and improved O line, I have a feeling play action deep is the choice (if for no other reason but to mess with their heads).

Fake to DS with a deep ball to McKnight.

Back