What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

First TD/First Sack 2009

The Guest

Okay, I'm making this game up as I type, so bear with me.

Six guesses for the Buff who scores the first Touchdown (I know, I know, it's a team sport and they earn the TD's as a team, but indulge me).

Six guesses for the Buff who earns the first Sack (also earned as a team, I realize).

10 points awarded if first guess is correct, 5 points for second, 4 points for third, 3 points for fourth, 2 points for fifth and 1 point for six.

Add up the points for sack and TD. Give rep to the Allbuffer with the highest score.

My guesses listed below...

First TD.

1. Simas (10 points)
2. Scott (5 points)
3. McKnight (4 points)
4. Stewart (3 points)
5. Sumler (2 points)
6. Hawkins (1 point)

All apologies to Lockridge, Simmons Hansen etc... I won't be hurt if you prove me wrong.

First Sack.

1. Burton (10 points)
2. Beatty (5 points)
3. Herrod (4 points)
4. J. Smith (3 points)
5. Goree (2 points)
6. Polk (1 point)

Again, apologies to Mahnke (one of the Buffs I'm most looking forward to watching this season), C and J Brown, Major, Mohler, Cunningham, Rippy and others.

first td
mcknight
scott
sumler
simas
stewart
hawkins

first sack
beatty
burton
obi (come on!)
herrod
mohler
cunningham

TD
Hawkins
Sumler
Stewart
Devenney
Geer
McKnight

Sack
Rippy
Beatty
Herrod
Obi
Smart
Major

Last edited by a moderator:
first td
Scott
McKnight
Simas
Geer
Lockridge
Stewart

first sack
Beatty
Obi
Herrod
Rippy
Mohler
Smart

haha, i wasn't calling your list out, it was a cry of encouragement to conrad. we desperately need him to step up this year.

No, I forgot about him on D, and also--despite a stellar game against nebraska--I forgot about our tight ends as well. They should be a strength this season.

First TD.

1. Hawkins (10 points)
2. Simas (5 points)
3. McKnight (4 points)
4. Scott (3 points)
5. Stewart (2 points)
6.Sumler (1 point)

First Sack.

1. Herrod (10 points)
2. Beatty (5 points)
3. Burton (4 points)
4. Obi (3 points)
5. Goree (2 points)
6. Polk (1 point)

TD
1. Stewart (10)
2. Scott (5)
3. Deehan (4)
4. Simas (3)
5. Hawkins (2)
6. Simmons (1)

Sack
1. Mahnke (10)
2. Burney (5) (CB blitz)
3. Beatty (4)
4. Herrod (3)
5. Cunningham (2)
6. Mohler (1)

first td:
Deehan
Geer
Speedy
McKnight
Jimmy Smith
Simmons

first sack:
Beatty
Goree
Herrod
Mohler
Burton
Kasa

Last edited:
1st TD (assuming the QB gets 0 pts for throwing the pass)
1. Darrell Scott
2. Rodney Stewart
3. Demetrius Sumler
4. Brian Lockridge
5. Riar Geer
6. Markques Simas

1st Sack
1. Marquez Herrod
2. Will Pericak
3. BJ Beatty
4. Marcus Burton
5. NICK KASA
6. Doug Rippy

Last edited:
TD: Hawkins (on a sick run ala NU 2007..) Just cause I need him to back me up on all the support I have thrown his way (he will also pass for one to Geer or speedy in game 1)

Sack:
MAHNKE
Burton

TD:
1. Scott
2. Speedy
3. Simas
4. Hawkins
5. McKnight
6. Hansen

Sack:
1. Mahnke (dude is a freek, and I mean that in the best way possible)
2. Beatty
3. Obi
4. Cunningham
5. Herrod
6. Mohler

bump.

Can you bump your own thread? Ettiquette? **** it. Bump.

First TD:
1) Speedy
2) Geer
3) Scott
4) McKnight
5) Hawkins
6) Devenny

First Sack:

1) Herrod
2) Beatty
3) Mahnke
4) Mohler
5) Obi
6) Goree

Query: What if two guys split the first sack? It's not uncommon for two guys to each get half a sack.

First TD:
1) Speedy
2) Geer
3) Scott
4) McKnight
5) Hawkins
6) Devenny

First Sack:

1) Herrod
2) Beatty
3) Mahnke
4) Mohler
5) Obi
6) Goree

Query: What if two guys split the first sack? It's not uncommon for two guys to each get half a sack.

If two guys split the sack, and they're one and two on someone's list, it's worth one million points.

Otherwise, if the players who split the sack are on someone's list (either one or both) it's worth 50 percent of the value otherwise assigned.

If that's difficult to understand for you, we'll get all 600 lawyers who frequent this site to debate what it means if it becomes an issue.

Good question.

Not sure why you guys are putting Simas in there. You better hope to God we score a TD in our first two games where Simas is suspended... I don't think CFB records half sacks. I believe that's only the pros

First TD
1. Demetrius Sumler
2. Scotty McKnight
3. Darrell Scott
4. Jason Espinoza
5. Rodney Stewart

First Sack
1. Marquez Herrod
2. BJ Beatty
3. Conrad Obi
4. Doug Rippy
5. Shaun Mohler

Not sure why you guys are putting Simas in there. You better hope to God we score a TD in our first two games where Simas is suspended...

I was just about to say that

TD
1. Scott
2. Sumler
3. McKnight
4. Hawkins
5. Geer

Sack
1. Herrod
2. Mohler
3. Obi
4. Rippy
5. Ch. Brown

Not sure why you guys are putting Simas in there. You better hope to God we score a TD in our first two games where Simas is suspended... I don't think CFB records half sacks. I believe that's only the pros

First TD
1. Demetrius Sumler
2. Scotty McKnight
3. Darrell Scott
4. Jason Espinoza
5. Rodney Stewart

First Sack
1. Marquez Herrod
2. BJ Beatty
3. Conrad Obi
4. Doug Rippy
5. Shaun Mohler

We started this prior to the suspension. I knew that ****ing late bird would eventually get the worm!

I was thinking the same thing about Simas. If we don't score a TD until game three we are in for a looooooooong year.

Back