What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

First trip to Boulder for Georgia game. A few questions.

cubuffs3

Hello everyone. I am sorry to post with some of the same questions i have seen before, but I was wanting some input on a trip i am planning. I have chosen to make a trip to the game against Georgia. I have never been to Folsem so I was wanting to know a good section to buy seats that isn't the most expensive but a good view. where is a good place or area to stay for the night? Any info would be great. Also i am wanting to buy some jerseys and clothes. Maybe a good one stop shop or at the stadium?? I am planning on leaving the friday night from Topeka, and driving to within a few hours. Staying sat. night then heading home. I am really excited and looking forward to the game. Thanks for the comments and again sorry i know that people are always asking for this info but i don't want to go back through all the posts to find it.

How is it that you are a Buff fan? Just curious. You'll love Folsom!

Dude. You're planning on leaving Topeka on Friday night? That's about a 8-9 hour drive to Denver. I guess you could do it, but I'd probably try to make it to Denver a little earlier than a couple of hours before KO.

What kind of budget are you looking at for a hotel?

And what's more important to you - being close to Folsom, Pearl Street/Downtown, or the university Hill area?

For gear, I think your best bet is the CU store on the Hill. But the stadium has about anything you'd want, too. There are also a couple shops on Pearl, but they don't have jerseys.

Regarding you ticket, there's always StubHub to snag a seat from a season ticket holder who can't use the seat that week. Failing that, I used to buy single game tickets in section 103. It's next to the visitor's section, so you can have a little fun jawing with them. And you're around the 15 or 20 yard line, so not so bad. 215 is another good area. Right near student section and season ticket holders and around the goal line on the opposite end of the field (a bit cheaper). If you like end zone seats, section 1 (if you can get it) can be pretty cool. You're right next to where the CU players come out onto the field, you can see the whole field, and you can help to make sure that the visitors section isn't making more noise down there than the CU fans are.

I became a buff fan back in the early 90's when they were good and I couldn't stand being around ku or k-state or missouri fans. I have just stuck with them and follow them. I have been fortunate to be able to see them once a year either in manhatten or lawrence. I really need a strong year out of the football team because i am sick and tired of the ku kstate and missou fans. I have to listen to their bullsh*t all the time, from everybody at work to the talk radio stations in Kansas city. I am planning on driving to within 2 hours of the stadium friday night. I have heard of pearl street before and will check that out. Thanks for the quick reply and i look forward to the season.

Sitting with the students is always an option. They don't throw marshmallows anymore at half-time :) Don't sit there with little ones though. The end zone near Ralphie is a decent location and is usually a place to find cheap seats.

@cubuffs3
When I think good view in Folsom, I think of the east side closer to the open end of the horseshoe. (top & left side of map). The Flatirons are visible from the east side, and if we're lucky, there might be one of those magical sunsets. Ralphie also starts her run from the north east corner, followed by the buffs football team. The green colored sections aren't bad, if you can get them. Folsom is a relatively intimate stadium with small sidelines, so the view is still pretty good in those upper sections. Plus the tailgate parties on the field directly east side of the stadium (gold lot) are fun to explore prior to entering the stadium. Be sure to make a point to head inside the stadium gates 30 or more minutes before kickoff, as the ticket takers can get pretty backed up, and you don't want to arrive after the national anthem. Nik's advice puts you on the wrong side, IMO.

FolsomField_all.GIF

As for attire, I'm a big fan of ordering on-line. Getting the package in the mail is like Christmas. And this will give you more time to enjoy the tailgating. With CU being underdogs, the pregame has a very good chance of having a better vibe than the post-game. But should CU win, you must head up to the Hill (entertainment district on the western side of campus) for the revelry. The Sink is CU's quinessential sports bar.

Here's a URL I've used for the shopping. http://www.custuff.com/

Go CU.

I became a buff fan back in the early 90's when they were good and I couldn't stand being around ku or k-state or missouri fans. I have just stuck with them and follow them. I have been fortunate to be able to see them once a year either in manhatten or lawrence. I really need a strong year out of the football team because i am sick and tired of the ku kstate and missou fans. I have to listen to their bullsh*t all the time, from everybody at work to the talk radio stations in Kansas city. I am planning on driving to within 2 hours of the stadium friday night. I have heard of pearl street before and will check that out. Thanks for the quick reply and i look forward to the season.

i only have one bit of advice. dont ask saulbadguy for directions.

skid,

Good point about the mountain views from the stadium. I see them every day living in town, so I don't think about them in relation to the football game. Definitely something that makes a game at Folsom special.

cb3,

Here's the type of view you could get from section 220, as skid suggested (not quite this high up, but it's the correct angle):

Folsom%20Field%20Sunset.jpg

Pushing grannies down stairs and threatening little kids are what we save for conference opponents.

I think UGA should be put in a harness and be forced to run out infront of the Georgia football team when the visitors take the field.

20100129-bulldog-350x263.jpg

Jorts are a given. I'm just hoping that at least half of their shirts have sleeves.

Half of her shirt has sleeves. It requires a closer investigation to tell if that G-string is made from denim.

georgia-girl-helmet-g-strin.jpg

skid,

Good point about the mountain views from the stadium. I see them every day living in town, so I don't think about them in relation to the football game. Definitely something that makes a game at Folsom special.

cb3,

Here's the type of view you could get from section 220, as skid suggested (not quite this high up, but it's the correct angle):

Folsom%20Field%20Sunset.jpg

Wecome aboard CU Buff 3!

As Buffnicks photo will have you saying to yourself; "were not in kansas anymore"

skid,

She is a blonde. Likely someone told her jorts were jeans that only covered half her legs and she got confused.

There's gonna be a lot of dawgs up here that weekend. If you don't have a room reserved, I'd get on it soon as some places are already booked up!

Back